main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Slightly OT: How many CIII attendees now have colds???

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jakejar, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakejar

jakejar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    All 3 in my family have miserable colds that popped up on Monday...figured that being herded along with 30,000+ other people, we're probably not the only ones.

jakejar's mom

2. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I was tagged, and I can't call in to work because there is just too much stuff that needs to get done.

I hope I can avoid getting others sick.

3. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    that's why i'm able to post - not at work today, hacking, coughing bleh bleh bleh. i was one of the poor sods in line on friday and saturday at 4:30 a.m. on the worst weather days

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I started having cold symptoms as of Day 2 of Celebration (Friday).

I am just getting over it now. Oh well, I still had fun. :D

5. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    It's nice to hear from someone who has made it to the other end, for me it's still getting worse and worse.

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I started feeling icky on Sunday... now I just feel *blah* with a slight cough... and my freckin' feet still hurt! :_|

7. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    I was there on Friday and never even went outside. Just parked at Circle Center Mall parking garage around 9:45, walked right into the con through the skywalk at 10 am, no waiting, no line, no crappy weather.

I guess I didn't understand the huge lines to get in to the con, when people could have just slept in and walked right in to the convention through the skywalk without once standing in a line.

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I contracted pneumonia due to standing out in the freezing rain in stormtrooper armor on Saturday morning while working the George Lucas lines for the 501st. I got completely soaked and was told the wind chill factor was 26 degrees that morning. Someone from Gen Con took pity on me and two of the other female trooopers and let us go inside after a few hours, but even inside with the air conditioning blowing on my wet under armor didn't make me feel much warmer. I'm on Z-pack right now for the pneumonia and am a little upset as I was planning to troop the Official Star Wars Weekend at Legoland San Diego this weekend, and next Thursday I am flying up to San Francisco for four days... and I just KNOW I'll still be coughing my head off at that point.

9. Darth_Shaun

Darth_Shaun Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    My freind got pretty sick but luckily I am fine. (not to rub it in)

10. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Im sick. I have a bad cough and am all congested and flemmy. My friend got pneumonia. I probaly have it too and dont know it.

11. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I am suffering through allergies right now, so it is hard to tell if there is a cold in there as well, since I have a runny nose, sinus pressure, itchy/watery eyes, and sneezing. I have a feeling thatif I don't already have it, I will catch my 2 yr old's present cold due to my weakened system from lack of sleep and standing out in the rain and cold last week.

12. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I haven't gotten sick yet, since I was hardly outside in my stormtrooper armor, just in my jedi costume before it started to rain on Friday. I'll probably end up getting sick in the next week or so, since my 1 1/2 year old niece is getting over a cold.

13. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I have a sore throat since Saturday but I don't think it will turn into a full cold.

14. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i got sick too. i started getting a really scratchy and sore throat during c @ c:3 and woke up on sunday morning horribly congested w/ a swelled up and sore throat. my problem is still mostly congestion, but i've also still got the sore throat, little bit of a cough, and an overall run-down feeling.

15. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    Yes, I got sick. Which one of you gave it to me???

16. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Despite standing in the heavy rain for 2 hours Friday morning sans umbrella, I'm healthy.
    No cold for me. :)

17. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I had a runny nose the whole time I was there.I have a little bit of a cold now, but im getting over it.

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    My only problem is being back in Denver w/ all the things I am allergic to going great guns :p Going to be popping Benadryl for the next few weeks to make it through the rough spot, but no cold... My feet/legs on the other hand, are still hurting pretty bad... Saw the Doc yesterday and he gave me a very disturbed look [face_blush] Oh well, he treated the submerged blister on my one foot, drained the fluid from my one knee and gave me some uber anti-inflammatories to cure the rest... Should be sleeping well tonight, since they just called to tell me the painkiller prescription is ready when work lets out :D [face_devil]

19. Rictor

Rictor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    I had a cough the entire time, which must have annoyed those all around me in line. And a running nose. Sigh. I am better now - but still have a residual cough. All for Star Wars.

20. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I do.

¤Night

21. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I was sick on Monday, really sick yesterday, and getting over it today (I think). Not fun, but at least it was just a cold and nothing worse.

22. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I have a cold now from standing out in the rain waiting to see Lucas.

23. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I managed to avoid getting a full blown cold, but between recovering from the weekend, going into the worst allergy season of the year for me, and certain *other* issues, I feel pretty icky this week. :(

But on the brightside, I felt great during C3 :D

24. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    I came out scot-free, but our Rebel Legion liasion lavagrrl didn't. She got hit hard by a cold.

25. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I started feeling sick on Tuesday. Today I've got swollen glands in my nexk, a sore throat, and that feeling like there's a big gob of mucus in my throat.

I know I didn't get sick because of the weather...I got sick because I was running on adrenaline almost the entire C3...and very little sleep, very little (healthy) food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.