main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Jun 11, 2014.

1. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    Ha that's cool! I prefer non-USA football also but I don't necessarily follow it; I enjoy watching it though where with American football not so much.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I used to be one of those American anti-soccer snobs, but I've had a transformation over the past couple of years... I know understand why people love it so, and I've begun to enjoy watching games myself; the EPL on NBC deal that began in 2013 has helped plenty, too.

DL44Jo likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    When I first moved back to the US in 2003, the transition made me a horrid anti-soccer snob. I had been watching great matches in Ulster and Dublin and then I got back to the US and their lack of connectivity to the rest of the civilized world, regarding the sport. But, when the Union started in Philly, it got me to pay attention to the MLS.

CairnsTony, DL44Jo and Darth Tunes like this.
  4. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    You hit it on the nose Chorus - the US doesn't connect and doesn't have the same passion for the sport like the rest of the world! And being the only country to call it soccer.....sigh... Whenever the world cup comes around my biggest hope is just that the US won't win! lol So what was the deal with the union in Philly? Hadn't heard about it.

Thats great Darth that you've learned to like watching it here - if they made some improvements with that deal then hey that's something! :]

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They are our MLS team. :p
    [​IMG]

DL44Jo likes this.
  6. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Oh got it! Very cool! What year was that formed? Sometime after 2003 I presume. ;)

7. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Only the section of the city where the Wells Fargo Center is.
    [​IMG]

DL44Jo and Darth Tunes like this.
  9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    On a slow day such as this one, I can't help but to think of this great moment from Jurassic Park...

:p

DL44Jo, Shira A'dola and EHT like this.
  10. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm an American anti-American football snob

DL44Jo likes this.
  11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Then this time of year has to be so, so annoying for you.

12. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    I say snob, but I'm really not too bad. But yeah, when it's all everyone talks about and people look at you like you're mental when you tell the that you don't watch football, it drives you mad :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I recently had someone genuinely question my American citizenship when I told him I didn't follow any sports, much less football.

14. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
  15. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    It got kind of awkward. I laughed, he persisted in disbelieving me.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    That's so typical lol

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't mind Football but it isn't the Be All End All imo that others think it is.
    I'm not too worried about Football until after NASCAR is over.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I like American "football" but, it is literally below hockey, basketball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse and roller derby on my list of organized team sports. It is the slowest game on earth. Although, I am glad that it gets even drunkards to be sitting on the edge of their seat at the suspense caused by math, since half the game is spent waiting for measurements to be made.

DL44Jo and Bail B. Baobab like this.
  19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Lacrosse? No. :p

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A friend of mine from HS (he was on the football team as well) told me that football players are active for like 8 seconds for like every minute played or something.
    I'm sorry but yawn. Give me one of the other sports any day. Racers don't get breaks like that. Maybe 12 seconds (when the car is completely stopped. Caution flags don't count since you are still driving. Yeah slower than under green flag conditions but are still doing stuff) every half hour roughly.

DL44Jo likes this.
  21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, drinking just enough to get that great buzz and/or drunk-feeling going helps to pass the time during an NFL (or college football) game.

:p

DL44Jo likes this.
  22. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    This! lol

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    DL44Jo Hadn't seen you around here lately... so, HELLO! :p

:D

DL44Jo likes this.
  24. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Hello back Darth Tunes! Yeah things have been busy lately so when I do have time to be in here it's usually late and once I have caught up in my main thread (Mark Hammil) it's a God forsaken hour so I don't get around to all the threads I use to. I was just about to log off when I saw your message. I'm hitting the sack now a few hours too late! lol

Hey, interesting info I heard that made me laugh because it wasn't long after our conversation about Carlton - I found out from my sister he's in this season of Dancing with the Stars! Haha! Brilliant! She sent me a clip lol....it's Carlton at his finest! :D

Darth Tunes likes this.
  25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I don't watch Dancing with the Stars (it's just not my cup of tea), but I did l look up a clip of his from this current season... not bad. Not bad at all.

DL44Jo likes this.