main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends 'Slippery when wet' a very short snow piece: One very wet Padawan (Obii)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

A short bit I found in amongst my writings. A bit of fun.:p

Author: Gkilkenny
    Timeframe: Obi-Wan is nineteen.
    Genre: Sillyness.

Slippery when wet

Their abrupt landing due to a faulty coil was made even dodgier because of the falling snow. Obi-Wan glided the craft to a stop only a few metres from the edge of a cliff; luckily they were unhurt, and so began the trek across the snow to the spaceport several miles away.

Fortunately, they had warm clothes on, and their robes protected them from the freezing conditions. Nevertheless, Qui-Gon wanted to find shelter until the raging storm passed. He spied a cave half way up the hill, and motioned to Obi-Wan to head in that direction.

?Master I believe it would be easier to go this way to the cave? Obi-Wan pointed to a track closer to the frozen pond.

Qui-Gon looked where Obi-Wan was pointing, and then looked to where he had suggested, which was a bit further through some trees and over a few rocks.

?Padawan I feel we should go this way, it may be longer yet I feel it is safer.?

?I don?t sense any danger Master??

?Then by all means Padawan, you go your way, and I shall go mine. Whoever gets there first shall find some wood and make a fire?

?As you wish Master? Obi-Wan took off towards the frozen pond, as he stepped onto the ice it began to rain, and the water under his feet made walking very precarious, actually quite slippery. He slipped over, and started to slide, grabbing hold of a branch. It slowed his progress, yet he still slid across to the other side. Obi-Wan looked up ahead and noticed Qui-Gon disappearing behind a tree, and then he came out on the other side just a few feet from the cave. Obi-Wan struggled to his feet and slowly inched his way across the frozen pond, the rain pelted down soaking him, and the snow was turning to slush.

Qui-Gon had picked up several logs and some smaller sticks, on his way to the cave. So by the time Obi-Wan
    came in dripping wet, Qui-Gon had lit a nice fire.

?Padawan what happened to you? You?re dripping wet.?

?I slipped over when it started to rain, did you know that ice is slippery when wet?? Obi-Wan mumbled.

?Well yes! my very young Padawan of course I know that?. Didn?t you?? Qui-Gon answered with a bemused look on his face.

?No Master I didn?t, as you very well know. I have never seen snow, or ice for that matter, in my entire life, until today!? Obi-Wan stuttered, while shivering, and his lips were turning blue.

?Obi-Wan take off those wet clothes and we will dry them by the fire?.

?But Master, what am I going to wear while they dry, your robe is soaked just as much as mine is??

?Oh come now Obi-Wan the cave is warm and it is not as if I haven?t seen you naked before; walking from the fresher to your room. You didn?t worry about modesty then my young Padawan!?

Obi-Wan shrugged, and did as his Master suggested. Soon his clothes were spread out all around the cave along with Qui-Gon?s robe. Obi-Wan sat down on a rock and held his hands up to the fire. ?Ah that?s better Master, you were right, the cave is warm?

They sat and talked to pass the time, and Qui-Gon decided they would wait until it stopped raining, before continuing. Qui-Gon knew that their fellow Jedi could be coming to look for them soon, so there was no hurry. Obi-Wan had dozed off; he was curled up on the ground next to the fire, and Qui-Gon heard a noise outside, so he went to the opening of the cave and looked down. Just beyond the few trees was a clearing, and there was a shuttle parked there. Two Jedi Masters and their female Padawan?s were slowly walking through the slush and ice towards the cave.

Qui-Gon stepped forward and called out. ?Hello Master Alicia! Master Sarah! no need to come up, we are fine we will come down to you!? As he spoke some snow above him fell, and he stepped back away from it. Obi-Wan had heard Qui-Gon yelling out, and it made him jump up quickly. He rushed to the opening.

?Master what?s up? what happp?. Argh?.. he screamed, as he slipped on th

2. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    [face_laugh] I could just see this in my mind as it was happening! Poor Obi! Great job with this!=D= It was nice to read such a delightful piece first thing in the morning!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    you brought a smile to my face. Obi slithering down in his birthday suit[face_laugh]

Great story

4. Master_Tigris_Leigh

Master_Tigris_Leigh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    [face_laugh] Oh my goodness. I laughed till I cried on this one! [face_laugh] What an image. Poor Obi-Wan! :p Very funny, I'm glad you shared! =D=

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] =D=

Oh poor Obi!!

He may never live this down!

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    Very funny! And oh what lucky girls! [face_love]

7. Magier

Magier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2007
    Oh my! That was a lovely image. I can imagine this is going to create some interesting Temple gossip.

8. Obi-gone

Obi-gone Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Oh, nice. Poor Obi-Wan showing off his goodies to the females. Hilarious. Definitely put a smile on my face.

9. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    [face_laugh] Poor Obi-Wan!

=D= [face_laugh] =D=

10. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    the two Padawanâ??s made sure that all their girl friends heard about the Padawan who slid down to greet them in his birthday suit.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Now that's what I call a greeting!

11. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Ahaha, poor Obi, I guess he will pay more attention to Qui-Gon from now on!

Great job!

12. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Poor Obi-Wan [face_blush] but at least all the ladies got a good view. [face_mischief] Maybe Qui-Gon will get him some skates.

13. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    ?Then by all means Padawan, you go your way, and I shall go mine. Whoever gets there first shall find some wood and make a fire.?

Qui-Gon so knew what was going to happen... [face_not_talking]

Eeep! :eek:

Oh goodness!

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

Poor Obi-Wan! But he certainly won't forget that ice is slippery now, lol!

Awesome work! :)

Ani-maniac

[:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.