main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Slipping on a Fruit Peel - the grapes of wrath...(Challenge response)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Slipping on a Fruit Peel

By Jemmiah, with thanks to Calamity Jinn!

Okay - here's a slightly different take on the title! :D

He looked at himself in the mirror, his blue eyes taking in the reflection held within the glass for his closer inspection. Saying that he had a bad feeling about things didn't really cut any ice with his master; not this evening, but it was little more than the truth. Ever since he had first heard of the Chancellor's party and the request that had subsequently come back to them through the council that they should attend, Obi-Wan's thumbs had well and truly prickled. Qui-Gon of course had remained stoically deaf to his repeated warnings, not because he couldn't see the difficulties that might arise but because it didn't pay to dwell upon them overmuch.

But dwell on them Obi-Wan did.

"Pointless." Obi-Wan grumbled as he pulled on his trousers, hopping momentarily on one foot as he attempted to untangle the other from the twisted fabric. "I don't care if it is in a good cause. These type of things always end in disaster?"

He wasn't a party animal by nature. He knew Jedi that were, but in truth Obi-Wan felt more comfortable amongst select groups of people that he knew and trusted. Whilst he'd had his moments on the social scene it wasn't necessarily something he took great delight in. He'd leave that to the likes of Padawan Abran or Master Berlingside, or even his good friend Jemmy.

Force knew what she would make of this?

Boots?where were his blasted boots? Qui-Gon was right: when one lost one's cool all semblance of concentration flew right out the window. He couldn't find things he knew should be there. The number of times he'd stolen a quick glance at his chrono since his master had retreated to the fresher to dress had now run into double figures. No doubt something would happen at this party, although what could possibly be worse than attending in the first place?

With a heavy sigh the padawan gave a sharp tug on his trousers until finally his foot freed itself, nearly sending him staggering backwards into a table. It wasn't fair! Even if he was determined not to whine about it in front of Qui-Gon didn't mean he couldn't mope in private. His fingers fumbled with the opening of his upper garments, the cream layers tight against his skin. Jemmy always told him he swaggered like a pirate when he walked, and whilst it was never intentional he'd become rather self-conscious about it, liking the idea of developing his confident special gait?

"Not much chance of swaggering tonight." Obi-Wan remarked tersely, examining his reflection from each side. Had he put on a little weight, he wondered bleakly? Everything seemed so tight and restricting, not at all like his usual, fluid and billowing self. "Not much chance of anything tonight - except perhaps humiliation."

Struggling to put on his outer garments Obi-Wan paused long enough to wonder if there wasn't perhaps more to life than the sort of thing he and his master were about to embark on. Diplomatic missions, negotiations, acting as ambassadors and representatives for peace and unity?and the odd, unpopular invite to one of the Chancellor's charity functions. He'd frankly rather have stayed at home and meditated on his knees for five hours - and that was saying something!

"Damn fastening." Obi-Wan grunted, pulling at the belt that held the whole ensemble together. "What's the matter with you tonight? You're all fingers and thumbs! Can't go to this affair half-dressed?"

There. Finished.

Not his usual look, he admitted self-critically as he stepped a few paces closer to the mirror, although he was of the opinion that the colour seemed to bring out the beautiful blue shade in his stormy, sea-swept eyes. The boots were shiny and clean: ready to step forth onto the streets of Coruscant. Even if he himself was not ready to do the same!

"It's time to go, padawan." Qui-Gon clumped into the room, stepping exaggeratedly towards his apprentice; every footfall accompanied by loud, metallic clanking. "This v

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Snort! Oops, that will teach me to drink and read at the same time! Hilarious!

With a heavy sigh the padawan gave a sharp tug on his trousers until finally his foot freed itself, nearly sending him staggering backwards into a table. It wasn't fair! Even if he was determined not to whine about it in front of Qui-Gon didn't mean he couldn't mope in private. His fingers fumbled with the opening of his upper garments, the cream layers tight against his skin. Jemmy always told him he swaggered like a pirate when he walked, and whilst it was never intentional he'd become rather self-conscious about it, liking the idea of developing his confident special gait?

"Not much chance of swaggering tonight." Obi-Wan remarked tersely, examining his reflection from each side. Had he put on a little weight, he wondered bleakly? Everything seemed so tight and restricting, not at all like his usual, fluid and billowing self. "Not much chance of anything tonight - except perhaps humiliation."

I LIKE to see Obi swagger!

[face_laugh]

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I was thinking Obi-Wan spent just too much time in front of that mirror, but in finding out what he was wearing I'm now wondering if the poor boy needs his eyes checked? The color brings out his eyes indeed! I'm sure he'll be a big hit at the party, especially standing next to Qui-Gon suited in armor... that image is just too funny.

A very original take of the title, Jemmiah. Bet he wishes he'd 'slipped' on armor instead by the end of the night, but you gotta give him credit if he still goes to the party dressed as a "Fruit of the Loom' guy. LOL!

And I've got a can opener all ready if Qui-Gon needs any help out of that costume. :D :D ;)

4. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000
    Thanks for the cred sis.

Aww, poor Obi! At least if he blushed with embarassment he'd colour co-ordinate! :D

You help Qui with your can opener Leona, I'll help Obi unpeel himself! [face_batting]

Another great story!

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was adorable. I loved that Obi thought pink would bring out the color of his eyes....LOL. Is there any more? I'd love to see everyone's reactions to his 'lovely' ensemble...

Great job.

6. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
  7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    snerk Obi as a petal fruit...Classic! Could this be considered some type of Obi-torture? :D

VaderLVR64 we've been trying to get Jem to post a spew warning for what seems like years now. The keyboards and monitors she has destroyed by not posting something saying do not eat or drink while reading this post are countless! O:)

8. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah, that warning might have come in handy! A wonderful response to the challenge! These challenges seem to bring out the best in the writers around here.

9. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    rotflmbo!!!! now, THAT was funny! I was totally caught by surprise--great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.