main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sloppy Jar's Hurricane Cantina

Discussion in 'Archive: Melbourne, FL' started by mrsvos, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    It's always happy hour here, we never close! Thanks for stopping by, we may just end up getting a Fanforce together after all!

2. whendroidsfly

whendroidsfly Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2006
    I'm more of a collector than a fan. I haven't read any SW novels but I have hundreds of SW action figures. I know there are other collectors in the area. We should keep in touch with store reports. I hate wondering if someone else got to the new stuff before me or if the stores just won't put it out yet.

I seem to be the only regular Brevardain at rebelscum.com. When I find new items or great sales, who do I tell?

I just bought Boba Fett unleashed on sale at Target. $9.88 was $19.79
    Still haven't seen Naboo wave figures here, but I did find them in Orlando.
    Commemorative tins should be showing up soon.

3. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    Way to go!! I'm going to Target to check those out. The Unleashed collection is the best I've ever seen.

4. whendroidsfly

Oct 17, 2006
    It's great now that we have 3 Targets in the county. I noticed most Targets are starting to use the end of the isle to put out new SW items. That means if Unleashed stuff was there , it has to go on clearance to make room for new stuff. The new stuff should be Snowspeeders, Kit's Fighter, and figure battle packs. Hopefully Commemorative tins are coming soon . Still haven't found Commemorative tins 1-6 anywhere( and I refuse to go to ToysRUs and pay $5.00 more per set).

5. whendroidsfly

Oct 17, 2006
    There aren't too many star wars fans in Brevard. Most people here only care about golf. Maybe I only think that because I live around a bunch of retiries.
    This year I'm going to count the number of SW Halloween costumes there are compared to superhero costumes.

6. whendroidsfly

Oct 17, 2006
    O well. Only one Darth Vader in my neighborhood. Mostly pirates, ninjas, fairies, princesses. One store bought Superman costume. My nephews had homemade costumes: Mario, Luigi, Transformer.

7. whendroidsfly

Oct 17, 2006
    Today I was wondering something today . If a SW fan isn't into collecting then what else is there? What are the most common ways by which Star Wars fans express their interests in the SW universe?

I'm trying to think of more than this:

1 collecting
    2 costuming
    3 attending Celebration 4
    4 making fan art
    5 SW movie parties
    6 reading SW novels
    7 SW forums about all of the above

I'm guessing . Am I right? I would image that Trek fans have more to keep them active than SW fans.

8. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    You forgot writing fanfic and just being generally strange annoying to non-SW fans:)
    I saw some awesome costumes at a Halloween party by the way - a sister and her 2 brothers made the best homemade costumes I'd ever seen, the boys were stormtroopers and the sister was Geonosis Padme.

9. whendroidsfly

Oct 17, 2006
    It looks like the SW Orlando System may have a meeting on Nov. 18 mid-day near downtown. I'm heading over to swap a few SW collectibles. We should have a definate time and place in a few days.

10. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    Do you get the Entertainment Earth catalogue? They have some great SW stuff in there.

11. RogueJediOutcast

RogueJediOutcast Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2005
    *Runs into room and plays pinball*

12. whendroidsfly

Oct 17, 2006
    Yes I ordered the mega bundle with Crimson Empire 2 pack, both astromech sets, and holiday Jawas. It came to around $100.00. They kept me up to date with my order through regular emails and my stuff arrived with a cataglog. I would order from them again if a similar deal comes along.

13. Darth_Ignominious

Darth_Ignominious Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2006
    I was thinking about having a first anniversary party....
    You still have that Kiffar heavy metal band?

14. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    *decorates the cantina for xmas way too early* :p

I am either still drunk or I have the worst hangover EVER! Or I was hit in the head with something, perhaps tazered as to make me eyes move like this...

Still looking for my keys. There are some strange items in my coat pocket. You won't believe the evidence that's on my camera...[face_worried]

15. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    Congratulations! That qualifies you to be assistant manager of this dump.
    You get to hang out with the hot Kiffar metal band after work.

16. TheRuleOfTwo

TheRuleOfTwo Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2006
    Hey mrsvos, it was nice meeting you tonight at the bookstore. I find a lot of the fanfiction on this site better than some of the books they're putting out now in the EU.

17. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    Welcome and thanks for posting! Maybe I've got enough interested people that we can put a FanForce back together after the holidays.

18. whendroidsfly

Oct 17, 2006
    Hi TheRuleOfTwo ,
    welcome to the site.

19. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    Happy Holidays Brevard! and all the visitors too!

order your holiday favorite here - smoked mullet anyone?

20. whendroidsfly

Oct 17, 2006
    I'm done celebrating Life Day. Now onto Christmas. I hope I get an imperial shuttle.

21. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    My secret Santa at work got me one of those Darth Vader voice changing helmet things - it's hysterical! I wore it at the book store and was Darth Manager for a little while.

22. whendroidsfly

Oct 17, 2006
    They're also funny on a five year old. My nephew stumbles around the room ,breathing funny , just like Dark Helmet.

23. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    Yep - I just had the pleasure of turning over most of my toys to a 5 year old - he had the helmut and the lightsaber. Except, the best part, it was 2 hours before he got the nerve to put it all on.

24. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    Indeed, Melbourne FL it is then.

Need more people. ;)

25. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    I have enough people interested for an official meeting #1!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.