main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Slowing Speed in ParticleIllusion?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Gamma-Ray, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamma-Ray

Gamma-Ray Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2003
    I'm trying to export a movie, but when I ds the speed shoots up about 25-50%. I tried eerything, and nothing is working. How can I change the speed of this movie?

2. Kin869

Kin869 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2003
    I think I've had this happened to me once. The problem I had was the codec, I can't remember on the top of my head what codec it was, but it skipped frames so fast that it looked as if it was played 3-4 times faster. Try using a different player to play your clip, Windows Media Player is not the best out there...

Why don't you give us more details about your situation?

3. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Also, note that while you are playing a "movie" in PI, it's actually busy calculating the position, speed and apearance of each particle as it draws the frames.

It's very good at using OpenGL to speed this process, but on older systems, files with lots of "stuff" happening can take some time to draw and preview.

Once the file has been exported to a video, though, playback simply draws each finished frame at full speed. No calculations needed, so it can appear much faster than what you anticipated.

Also remember to set the output Frames-per-second to match your intended playback rate. (a 10 second animation at 15 fps will only last 5 seconds if played at 30 fps.)

That said, are you saying that the movie appears to run faster ... or ... are you saying that your time-line says the video will be 10 seconds long, you render at say 24 fps, but when you playback the video at 24 fps it lasts much less than 10 seconds???

Have fun.

4. Gamma-Ray

Gamma-Ray Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2003
    The movie, after exported, is double the speed than th movie imported into PI.

5. Gamma-Ray

Gamma-Ray Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2003
    I think I tried tyo export it in every codec...still hasent worked. Can i export it the way ti is, and slow it down in another program?

6. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    What frame rate is the video you're importing?
    What frame rate are you exporting from PI with?
    What format file are you exporting to? (AVI, TGA sequence?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.