main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Smack Kittster

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jager, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jager

Jager Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Anyone remember in TPM when Kittster says something to the effect of "Don't worry, Anakin, I'm sure you'll do it this time". And Padme asks "Do what?". Kittster replies "Finish the race of couuuuuuuuurse".

Anyhting ever think he delivered that like a rude little ****? I never got the attitude there.

2. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    That's because Anakin actually hasn't ever finished a race before TPM. He always crashed or got knocked out of the running somehow. A detail he decided to keep on the down-low until it was pointed out right before the Boonta Eve Race. :)

3. Jager

Apr 22, 2005
    I understand WHY Kittster says it. I just don't understand the sarcastic, annoying attitude with which he says this to Padme.

4. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    I think it's more he's mocking Anakin in front of her - perhaps he's picked up on the crush Anakin seems to have? Additionally, remember that these kids live pretty tough. He might be getting on her case for being so gullible regarding Anakin's abilities.

5. Jager

Apr 22, 2005
    Whatever the reason...he's talking like that to an adult and needs a little back of the hand I think.

6. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I wouldn't be against Kitser getting a clip round the ear from Padmé in any special editions of TPM [face_whistling]

Maybe they could also fix the messed up high-five between him and Wald [face_thinking]

7. Jedi_Master_Ryokono

Jedi_Master_Ryokono Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    hey now, back off! Kitster's "WIZARD!"

:p

8. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Honestly, the kids I know sometimes do say things this way. They are more free with communication than adults are. They don't know the subtleties of vocal inflection quite as well. They have less of the governing control on the way they talk.

9. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    'Whatever the reason...he's talking like that to an adult and needs a little back of the hand I think. '

Well, Padme was only 14 at the time,so she wasn't really an adult. I don't approve of using force to punish children, but thats a different story.

10. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    To be honest, I think that the child who played little Kittster was a better actor than Jake - which is not a knock on Jake, who I think did a pretty good job as a child actor. The line, in particular, that you take offense to I thought was one of his better line readings.

Children typically don't learn proper pragmatics until they are at least eleven or twelve years old. As a result, they simply do not know when they shouldn't delve into certain information. Its the "kids say the darnedest things" phenomena. Kittster told Pamde that Anakin has never finished a race for much the same reason as your kid may one day tell a stranger at a dinner party that "Mommy made Daddy sleep on the couch last night."

As for the tone in Kittsters voice - he assumed that Padme would know what he is talking about. Afterall, for Padme to have invested so much in Anakin's Podracing abilities, you'd think that she'd have done a little bit of research first. ;)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

11. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    :eek: My thoughts exactly, windy. It's like you sliced my skull open and took those thoughts right out of my brain. I liked that kid far more than I did Anakin. He was so cool, like a young lando. He's a lot like my nine-yearold niece too.

12. Tropical_Plumber

Tropical_Plumber Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    I wouldn't go smacking Kitser around if I were you. Don't forget, he is Boba Fett. :p

13. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    Kitster needed to be beaten with a sack of oranges. But they don't have oranges in the GFFA, so he'll be eaten by that giant plant from "Little Shop of Horrors" instead.

It's in the EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.