main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Smallville Discussion Thread - Warning Spoilers

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    OK. I've created this thread to discuss everything that is Smallville. Now we can talk about future episodes, character development, and any other news that arises from that little town in Kansas we all know and love.

EDIT: Added Spoiler Warning per CR request

2. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I JUST watched the season premiere. I LOVED it. It's opening so many doors and leaving a TON of opportunity for this season!!

Don't read below here if you haven't watched it yet....

I knew my girl Chloe was alive!!

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I was surprized when I read that she was killed at the end of last season :eek:. Not to mention another season finale with Kal-El in charge of Clark's body. The cameo by the original Lois Lane was pretty cool too ;).

4. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I was talking to my boss today, and he thinks that they should have kept Clark as Kel-Al for the entire episode, and not just half the episode. And they made him a little too Terminator-esque, you know? Then again, the writers said they aren't sticking to comics, because if that were true....Pete would be married to Lana.

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    That would have been a different approach. If you think about it, we've only seen Kal'El in 4 or 5 episodes so far. Although the way Martha used the Black Kryptonite to separate the two was pretty cool. That's one thing that makes Smallville better than Lois & Clark, WB doesn't seem to hold back with the "super-power" special effects.

6. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    It was a little matrix-y the way they did it all, but I highly enjoyed the show. Can't wait to see tomorrow's episode!! (I should be home by 8pm...which means I'll be watching it and ready to discuss at 9pm!)

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Speaking of discuss, getting back to my request to pick your brain about the end of season 3, WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED :eek:?

I find out that Lex was poisoned and almost died, Lionel is in jail, Chloe is dead, Jonathan is in a coma [face_hypnotized]. Not looking for a full page report or anything, but an abbridged version of how last season ended would be greatly appreciated.

8. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Okay: Lex drank something (can't say because it may be promoting alcohol and violating TOS *scratches forehead*) and was on the floor writhing around clutching his throat (Lionel did it). Chloe got moved to a safe house with her dad, and the house blew up, so we're led to believe that she's now dead. Clark gets sucked into this "wall" and becomes Kel-El again. Jer-El supposedly puts Jonathan into a coma, because he tried to save Clark. Pete went to live with his mother because he couldn't handle knowing Clark's secret. I only forget why Lionel was put in jail in the first place. I do know that Chloe had something to do with it.

9. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Clark and Chloe Testified against Lionel in court on Murder Charges, not sure who the victem was. (So many to choose from)

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    not sure who the victem was.

I believe he was charged with the murder of his parents. Early in last season Chloe discovered that Lionel's parents were killed in a fire. After further storyline about Lionel wanting more than a poor-boys life, he killed his parents to eliminate any link to his past.

I'm glad to see the hard work that brought us the T-1000 wasn't killed in that steel foundry in T2 ;). I was a little surprised to see that the guys attacking Lois & Clark (never thought I'd be saying those two names together again :D) was being led by Lois' father :eek:.

11. DarthYJTyranus

DarthYJTyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    Here is one thing I have a question about. If Lois has met Clark already, how the hell can he grow up to be Superman? I mean all the previous incarnations of Clark have him with glasses. If everyone knows him without glasses, what disquise can he use?

12. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    This show is anything but cannon. Don't be put out by its veering off course.

~DG~

13. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Okay. The writer, Jeph Loeb, has made previous and MANY statements that this will be NOTHING like the comic. It won't go crazy and kill the Superman legacy, but it's not going to go by the book. If they did, this would have happened:

Lana would have married Pete
    Clark would have met Lois in Metropolis
    Lex & Clark wouldn't have known each other

I know there's more I'm missing, but you get the drift.

And that T-1000 guy was LAME. They never explained how Lionel got a hold of him, they never really explained his existence.

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    And that T-1000 guy was LAME. They never explained how Lionel got a hold of him, they never really explained his existence.

I though that was cool, especially when he threatened Lionel by turning his finger into a spike and putting it to his throat (but T2 is one of my favorite all-time movies, so I'm a little bias ;)). You're right though, if he never appeared in any previous episodes, then the lack of backstory does kinda take away from the character.

15. DarthYJTyranus

Jan 5, 2002
    Anyway, it's not the first time they have failed to give an explanation of freaky characters and where they came from. I can't think of specific examples now, but if you have been a loyal watcher you'll know what I mean. I'm glad Clark and Lex aren't so friendly anymore. Three seasons was plenty.

16. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Most of the time they would show how someone got their unusual power from the Kryptonite 5-10 minutes into the episode, so you didn't need much of a backstory. Besides, if you gave a backstory, plot development, and conclusion for everyone that's ever eaten, injected, inhaled, or been caught in an explosion with Kryptonite then the show would move a lot slower.

EDIT: spelling

17. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I loved how Clark said that he knows he has an enemy, he thought it was Lionel....now he realizes it's Lex :)

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    It's nice to see Clark take a chance to fit in with his peers and sign up for the football team :). His pass at tryouts that put the receiver on the ground was funny too, a little too much touch on that one ;).

Looks like it's gonna be another tough year for Chloe. First she tried to hide her feelings for Clark around Lana, now Lois is stepping in where Lana left off. Poor Chloe :_|.

19. DarthYJTyranus

Jan 5, 2002
    She looked jealous and next week's episode looks like it deals with that subject. BTW, have any of you seen LOST. I've been taping it while I watch Smallville. It is also a cool show.

JERRY T

20. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    This has been my favorite show on TV for the last few years. Season 2 really took off and Season 3 follow. I am not sold on this season yet, 3 episodes in we have a FOTW episode with little Lex and No Lionel(Love them both). So far this season the bright spot has been Lios, great version of the character.

If anyone is interested in a great Smallville spoiler site check out Krypton Site.

I cannot wait for Episode 4-5. That should be classic.

21. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Although this is not as significant as the many other great things that he has done in his life, but Christopher Reeve will surely be missed on the set of Smallville.

His entrance into the history of Superman with his appearances as Dr. Swann was great. It was really symbolic that the man who played Superman on the big screen took part in this new adventure. I hope that the folks at WB do something at the end of this weeks episode to honor him.

22. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I can't believe I missed the episode with the Flash. *cries* I did watch this past week's episode because Gary was home to tape it for me.....it's getting better.

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I can't believe I missed the episode with the Flash.

That was a good one. If you want the details about that episode just let me know.

Last night was very good! Seeing Lana, Lois, and Chloe possesed by those witches was pretty cool. I was a little stumped by what Isabelle meant by the "3 Stones", at first I thought she was talking about Kryptonite (since we've seen green/red/black rocks) but I forgot about the stone Lex found and Clark (or Kal'El) took. Best part about that is that we now know there will be more mystery in future episodes with the search for the other 2 stones.

24. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I missed both episodes also :(

Who portrayed the Flash???

I use to like the series from the early 1990's

You know starring John Wesley Ship (aka Dawson's dad)

25. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Last night was DEFINITELY a good episode!! I like when Chloe has more than two lines in an episode ;) This episode hopefully will bring an interesting storyline for the rest of the season as far as the stones are concerned.

Yes, please give me information about the Flash episode, because it looks like the person who was going to lend it to me won't be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.