Smallville Discussion Thread - Warning Spoilers

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    It was an episode of Star Wars references last night. First was the name of the secret project that Professor Fine told Clark about... Project "1138". Then of course was the introduction of the editor-in-chief at the Daily Planet... Carrie Fisher. I don't think that there were any more hidden bits in the show, although the line where Chloe tells Clark about the costume party and Clark says, "I hate wearing a costume.", priceless [face_laugh].
  2. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Nevermind the Star Wars references......the Buffy the Vampire Slayer references! I was loving it!
  3. DarthYJTyranus Jedi Master

star 1
    This week's episode was average although very funny at times. The Dukes of Hazzard reunion was cool and good for some laughs. Next week is a biggie. We finally get to see silver Kryptonite!
  4. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree. It wasn't anything spectacular like we've been seeing lately, but I think that is something we're going to see more of now that the premiere newness has worn off. Some exceptions will include the 100th episode in January, which is rumored to be the episode where we see who's life will be taken in exchange for Clark getting a second chance.

The Dukes of Hazzard reference was pretty cool though! I was watching with my wife and when she saw the General Lee (minus paint job) she said, "Wow that's looks just like the General Lee!" :p.
  5. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I enjoyed the Dukes references very much so. I laughed a lot. I wasn't happy with the episode, although tomorrow night looks fantastic.
  6. DarthYJTyranus Jedi Master

star 1
    According to TVguide.com, an Aquaman spin-off series is being developed. Could be interesting.
  7. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi. Tonight's ep. Great. Loved it. I'll wait to elaborate when you all post about it ;)
  8. DarthYJTyranus Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeah it was a good one. I'm still not sure what the deal is with Milton Fine. I'm not a Superman historian so I don't know what the Braniac backstory is. I think he is lying to Clark and he is not a Kryptonian. That silver kryptonite seemed to recharge him somehow and then become ordinary rock. That's how I interpereted it. Who sent the rock in the first place I wonder? Lots of interesting stuff to ponder. Discuss.
  9. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    A very good episode but I too was left a little confused, so I did a little research.

Here's the version of Brainiac that I knew of:
    cartoon Brainiac - A robot that was once the A.I. computer system that Jor-El used to catalog the daily events of Krypton. He was able to escape before the planet exploded (something that I think HE had something to do with) and since traveled the galaxy learning everything he could about every planet he landed on, then destroying it (not 100% sure about this last part but I think that's his specialty).

Two other versions that come from the comic book world:
    old-school comics Brainiac - Here's the original Brainiac as portrayed in his first visit the comics.
    new comics Brainiac - This version shows a tie-in to Milton Fine.
  10. DarthYJTyranus Jedi Master

star 1
    Nice research there! Thanks for doing the dirty work. I wonder which Braniac we will see on Smallville?
  11. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    No problem! Despite his flash of speed and the heat vision I don't think that Brainiac is a Kryptonian as Clark is. I think that he somehow absorbs the effects of the Kryptonite and uses it to make himself more powerful. I still can't figure out if those powers were real or just a part of Clark's halucination not to mention just how he did it if they were real.
  12. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought it was Clark's hallucination up until the end where he touches the silver kryptonite and then it turns into ordinary rock. I freaked out this entire episode, yelling at Clark! Although I didn't mind him choking Lana, because I destest her whining. But where the heck was Lois in this episode? I thought FOR SURE she'd be in the episode.
  13. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Fine (Brainiac) sent Lana the rock in Lex's name to set forward a break in trust between Clark and Lex, and to establish one with himself and Clark. Kinda like how Palpatine pulls Anakin's strings behind the backs of all the other Jedi, playing on his inexperience in order to turn him to his wicked ways.

This weeks episode looks interesting too! The last time someone came down with a mysterious illness it was Jonathan, and he was out for months. Now Martha gets sick and who's there but Professor Fine to save the day o_O.
  14. DarthYJTyranus Jedi Master

star 1
    Good theory about how Fine orchestrated things. I think you hit the nail on the head.
  15. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    SUPERMAN RETURNS - UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

While visiting Kryptonsite.com I saw an update on the movie Superman-Returns! There will be a teaser trailer shown on tonights episode of Smallville =P~!!! I'm not sure how much will be in the trailer, since the studio has only release a small handfull of pictures and even the unofficial movie sites don't have much material there either.

Here's the official site if anyone is interested. I take it back... there's more pics on the official site now [face_blush].
  16. DarthYJTyranus Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm psyched for it especially after that teaser! I love the old Superman music and Brando's Jor-El in it. Gave me chills. It better be worthy! Smallville was great. I doubt Braniac is dead for good though. Maybe General Zod will come into the picture before long?
  17. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I love the General Zod references and how they keep incorporating things like Zod and the Shadow Zone into the show. I doubt that Brainiac is dead too. After seeing him just dissappear then to see the spaceship do the same, I'm sure he's not totally gone. The writers did a very good job of getting him into the show so I doubt he would be finished off that easily.
  18. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just watched last week's episode for the first time last night and even though it was a holiday themed episode the writers wasted no time, not even for Christmas, to show the fall of Lex Luthor to the Dark Side [face_skull]! Just in case others haven't seen it yet I won't go any further into the show than that but I will say that the last 5 minutes were a bit chilling [face_worried].
  19. DarthYJTyranus Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeah I'd say any goodness that was left in Lex has been squeezed out after that episode. I thought Lex's fall was very similar to Anakin's in that they both wanted power in order to keep people they love from dying. Of course that lust for power blinds them both.
  20. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    For anyone that got a chance to catch last nights episode all I have to say is...

"OBSESS MUCH?!?!?"

After seeing Samantha with the "Lex" charm around her neck, the attack on Jonathan, then the shaved head... the only thing missing from last nights show a bunny boiling in water inside of Lex's fireplace! What a physcopath [face_worried]. Next week looks good and they gave more teasers for the 100th episode.
  21. DarthYJTyranus Jedi Master

star 1
    About the 100th episode, I read that Lex, Lana, Lois, and Clark are safe and will survive the episode. Everyone else is fair game. I'm guessing Jonathan will be the one killed off.
  22. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    It looks like unless they bring someone back from seasons past (Pete?) that it will be between Jonathan and Chloe. I'm not ready to lose either one to the show, but I'd go with Chloe. She the more dispensable of the two. Lois can pick up most of her slack in the storylines IMO.
  23. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    It could be Chloe since it was because of her that Clark was put into the position where he had to stop his training with Jor-El just to save her, setting in motion his "debt" to Jor-El. Or it could be Jonathan but if he dies that would pave the way for Lex to become senator, which I don't think is going to happen. It could be Martha, but there's no real connection there. As wierd as it sounds, it could also be Lionel. I know he's not close to Clark in a personnal kind of way, but he does posess the spirit of Jor-El and if he dies that could be the end of Clark's connection to who he really is. Since Lionel is secretly helping Jonathan in the election Lex might find out and finally do him in.
  24. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    My guess is either Chloe or Jonathan. So, does Jonathan die of a heart attack like in the comic?
  25. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been discussing this topic on some other boards and have run into an interesting factoid. According to some people who still read Superman comics, Jonathan is NOT dead in the current DC universe. I always had assumed that he was dead and that's where the 1970's movie got their story from. I guess I have been wrong all of these years because the movie went against Superman cannon and killed of Jonathan.

I always thought Smallville would kill of Jonathan via a heart attack to keep the contunity with the comic book. Turns out keeping Jonathan alive would be keeping with DC continuity.

That could provide a hint as to who will get bumped off tomorrow night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.