Smallville Discussion Thread - Warning Spoilers

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh my word. And this whole time we all thought that Jonathan was dead?!

Yeah, my bid is that Chloe is going now that that clears the air. Although Jeph Loeb has said several times he's not going by the Superman comic aka cannon, and he's doing his own deal (in some aspects).
  2. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I was shocked and saddened by the end of the show.

Sorry to see Jonathan killed off.

3. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    I wish I could say I was surprised by last nights decision, but I had it spoiled to me yesterday. I was reading my wife's copy of Entertainment Weekly the other day and they had a review of the episode. In the review they made mention of both the "engagement" and a not-so subtle hint at who was getting bumped.

Any guesses at what the photo was of that Lionel showed to Jonathan?
  4. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm surprized that it was Jonathan to go. If I had to put my money no someone it would have been Chloe. This was definately a very sad ending to the show. I didn't know Jonathan's death in the Superman movie was the opposite of what happened to him in the comics either. I always thought that was just how he ended up all along.

I'm going to guess that it was a picture of Clark using his powers. Probably while in the mansion, or while Clark and Aquaman were sabotaging the underwater weapon that Lex was making.
  5. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. Where to begin. When Lana died, I was VERY excited that it wasn't Jonathan. However, I did cry because Clark started crying and he felt terrible that he couldn't save her, and that it was his fault. Then when he went to Jor-El, I KNEW that Jonathan would be the one to go. The episode was very well put together, except for when they made us think that Lois bit it (duh, we all know Lois lives!), that was a little cheesy. The minute Jonathan started having trouble breathing after he knocked Lionel on his butt, I knew it. I didn't want to watch, but I did. I was fine until Martha started screaming and then I completely lost it. In case you didn't know, Jonathan is my favorite character on the show, Lana the least favorite.

I'm sick of this Lana & Clark b.s. She's always running away instead of dealing with the fact that Clark isn't an open book. I wish they'd just stop making her so damn annoying and wishy washy. Next week's ep should be interesting, and it's going to be hard for them to top this past ep from here on in (the rest of the season).
  6. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great show last night!!! The writers did a great job exploring the pain that Clark is dealing with and the conflict it creates. His battles with making the right choices throughout the show had me really nervous that they were going to take Clark down the dark path like when he was "Kal", minus the red kryptonite of course. It was also cool to see a new super character and once again the costume references were flowing, glasses over the mask... no phone booth available [face_laugh]. Next weeks episode got a viewer advisory warning about its graphic content... sweeeeet!
  7. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Agreed. Good episode last night. It was nice to see the Anakin/Clark parallels in the episode too. I would have liked to see Clark get a little closer to going over the "edge" though.

One stupid detail about last nights episode. When the watch was stolen from Martha, the strap was clearly broken yet when it turned up at then end of the episode, the band was in one piece again. Who fixed it, Lana or the pawn shop? ;)

Oh yeah, the "Graphic Content" warning for next weeks episode caught me off guard. How dark & scary is this one going to go?
  8. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Last night's episode was okay. I think it was funny how they were on the rooftop and all you could see was the word SUPER. LMAO. Some things here and there were good, how they're showing Clark dealing with Jonathan's death and how he's trying to take care of Martha. I thought showing Vengeance jumping all over the buildings was a bit much.

I forgot what next week's episode was until this minute. It looks really dark and grim, so I'm hoping it's not just another ruse, because I watch another show on WB, and they always make the preview this fantastic thing when in fact, the show is totally different from the way they show the preview.

9. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    It looked like they were really going to push things with this episode. From what I read at kryptonsite.com they are going with a real physco angle here.
  10. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Almost forgot my big (and only) beef with last night's episode. Could that product placement for the contact lenses have been any more blatant? It was absolutely brutal. Reminded me of the "mock" product placements in the first "Wayne's World" movie.
  11. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] LMAO!! Gary said the same thing last night.
  12. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't forget, Cyborg makes the scene tonight.

I'd love to see another TT show up in Smallville. Maybe the circus could pass through town and a certain member of "The Flying Graysons" could cross paths with Clark? :D
  13. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I was working last night and forgot to ask Gary to tape it for me. :_| Mike, recap?
  14. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it looks like we have reruns to deal with for the next 4 weeks. We won't have a new episode again until March 30th. The good news though is from that point out it will be a new episode every week until the season finale on May 11.
  15. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Season Finale is a dirty word.
  16. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    !Reminder!: New (I refuse to use the word 'fresh') episode tonight.
  17. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Another reminder about the "fresh" new episode on tonight! I embrace the hip-ness [face_laugh]!
  18. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I missed it. I've been terrible with keeping up with Smallville. And I should have known better considering I watch One Tree Hill the night before, and they had a commercial for the fresh episode. :( Clearly, I stink.
  19. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I missed last weeks episode and someone deleted it from the TiVo before I could get to it :mad:. Fortunately I was able to get caught up last night, which was also a first for Tom Welling as he directed filming of the show! More twists last night, but I hold back until others have a chance to see the show.
  20. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Saw last nights epi as well. I'm usually not a critic of how a tv show is directed, but I definitely give young Mr. Welling a 'thumbs down' on last nights effort. It seemed very stiff and choppy, not a very good pace either. At one point I thought the episodes was over until I looked a the clock and realized there was still 20 minutes left.

My biggest beef though has to do with the before credits opening. I'll go into further detail after everyone catches up but lets just say I have a major problem with the foster mother's actions.
  21. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a reminder to watch Smallville tonight!!! Tonight's episode has a few tie-ins that carry over to the season finale, which is next week :_|.
  22. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    *sigh* I'm sick of this Lana crap. I really can't even begin to tell you how much I want them to kill her.
  23. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    So what you're trying to say is... you don't like her :confused:?
  24. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't mind her character all that much, they just need to treat her more like a supporting character and not one of the main ones.

Liked last nights episode a whole lot. Can't wait until the finale next week.
  25. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Obviously! lmfao.

The finale is going to be great, considering we're going to now see much more of Lex's dark side (glad that they picked this season to do it and didn't hold off until next) and the rivalry starts to grow deeper roots than before. I would hate that they make it look like a fight over Lana, which it seems like they're only making that a little side ornament for now. Chloe has always been my fave, and I'm glad they're giving her more of a part in the show (a few years too late IMHO).

I haven't read any spoilers or anything (this is the other show that I hate reading spoilers to) but this is going to be a great finale......and then we'll go through withdrawal all summer long.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.