main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Smallville

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

This may not be news to some, but it gave me a buzz: I just saw an ad for Smallville... COMING SOON to Channel 9*!

w00t!

(*Or NBN for us Novocastrians)

Just when i thought it was never going to happen...

Is this or is this not the E2/Spiderman/LOTR of tv?

2. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I saw it too, after Malcolm in the Middle.

It looks pretty cool.

3. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    It is for me! Ive been waiting for this since they shpowed an ad at the beginning of the year for it!

4. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    When is Band of Brothers coming?

And NBN... we're with you. Can't wait for the bloody telethon.

5. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I remember reading somewhere that Smallville was one of the series' like Dawson's, X-Files, Dark Angel and others that are being saved for the second half of the ratings season.

Which means we'll be seeing it soon since the change-over is only a month or two away.

6. Dave_Smogcrawler

Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah man I was waiting for this...It's so Cooooool *Drool*

7. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I second wedge's notion. When is Band of Brothers coming? It was supposed to be here 9 months ago, but the pansies at Channel 9 decided it was too violent for us after what happened on September 11,or so the press release said. I just hope it hasn't been watered down, and I'll know - I've had fair to middling quality bootlegs for 6 months.

8. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I read somewhere BoB is supposed to be released on DVD before Christmas in the States. So if it is, I might consider grabbing it. I just want to see the damn thing.

9. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Whats BoB?

And Dark Angel has another 2 seasons we havent seen, but was recently cancelled in the states. that sucks, I liked the show

10. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I was just shortening Band of Brothers.

11. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    There's only one more season of Dark Angel to see. We've already seen the first (the second was its last). Awful show anyway

Personally, I got pumped last night when, during a Channel 10 promo, it was revealed that there would be "all new" Russell Coight! Funniest. Show. Ever

Oh, and Birds of Prey looks good, too.

12. darth-luigi

darth-luigi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Smallville is a great show, I've seen every ep but have been looking forward to it starting on australian tv.

I loved Dark Angel and I must say that the second season was a big improvement on the first.

Has everyone seen the trailer for Birds of Prey? looks pretty cheesy to me.

13. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

I've heard great things about Smallville, especially the pilot - supposed to be one of the best pilots for any show ever - but I looked at the summary of episode 2, and it was about some half-man half-monster thing attacking girls in Smallville, and that worried me - MOTW by episode 2 ...

14. darth-luigi

Apr 6, 2002
    It's pretty much MOTW in every episode with a few exceptions.

It still has a few slight story threads in each episode but apparently season 2 will be more of a continuing story, simular to what buffy did in the second season

15. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    I meant whats Band of Brothers.

I never heard of it

16. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Think a of a mini Saving private Ryan.

17. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Actually, quite the opposite, slaveone_2. It's a mini-series of ten episodes, following the men of Easy Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division in their piece of World War 2.

Easy Company saw, in their 10 months of combat, jumps at Normandy, Eindhoven (Operation Market Garden), ground combat at Bastogne and "liberating" Hitler's retreat at Berchetesgarten (sp?). In those 10 months, the company took something like 150% casualties. The full story of Easy Company is told in Dr Stephen Ambrose's book of the same name, Band of Brothers.

I apologize for the history lesson, but the story is damned interesting, and. judging from the poor quality bootleg episodes I've seen, the series is going to be well worth the wait, even if we should have seen it by now.

18. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Theres all sorts of shows we SHOULD see that we don't! Justice League JUST started on Cartoon Network, and has anyone other than me here seen any episodes of Andromeda?

19. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Personally, I would love to see another season of Now and Again (anyone remember that) but I'm now looking forward to Smallville, which i thought was coming out in February ?[face_plain] I just hope it doesn't replace something good like Malcolm in the Middle.

Oh yeh, I also read that in an episode of Dark Angel she find Star Wars Ep7 locked up in a safe somewhere.... lol

20. darth-luigi

Apr 6, 2002
    Now and Again kicked arse!

So many good shows have been axed recently, did anybody see the Lone Gunmen, very funny.

21. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Now and again was GREAT!

And it ended ona cliffhanger! We'll NEVER know the end :(

22. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

pffffft

Millenium was worse. They axed it in the middle of the final series, just a few episodes before the end of the world...

Grrrrrr

23. Pris

Pris Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Yeah, Millenium was an AWESOME show. It seems they just all uninimously decided they couldn't find a way to end it, so they just ended it. I mean, should the world be destroyed or should it be saved? One is really corny, and the other is incorrect and not really what the show was about.
    I just wished they'd finished the ending right ... found some inventive way of ending the show. Perhaps having nothing happen at all, and Frank Black getting paranoid and being admitted to an asylum ... that would be fitting.

24. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Now and Again was just rolling when they cut it. :(

With Millenium, it suffered from the initial decision to cut it. When Fox said that they weren't going to continue it, the writers came up with an apocalyptic ending that while not the best, still tied things up well enough. After they finished shooting it, they announced that they'd let it continue. Bright move now large numbers of people are supposed to be dead. [face_plain]

The last season suffered because of that. Lara Means was being set up rather well, as was Catherine with the Magdelena story thread. But when both were killed, they had to not only come up with an explanation for why 90% of the population didn't die, but had to now bring in a brand new off-sider for Frank to keep showing the intricacies of the Millenium group. Because ratings fell from all this, Fox again said they were axing it, right before the season that it was planned to end with anyway.

25. kingjim

kingjim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001
    I saw the ad for Smallville at the beginning of the year. It said "Coming soon........."
    I believe channel nine is torturing us. Grrrr! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.