main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Smallville

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by arrowheadpodracer, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I dig this show. The season premiere is tomorow. Last season left off with a tornado hitting town. Lana Lang is sitting in a truck that gets swept up into the twister. Clark (of course) runs in.
    If you havent watched the show its basically Clark Kent in high school. His powers have begun to surface, but they kinda come on one at a time. The X-ray vision episode was filled with headaches. kinda funny. 8-} He has been shot, and he's really fast and everything, but he hasnt flown yet. I think it'll happen this year. The commercial for the premier shows Lana looking out of the truck with this -"holy crap! Clark can fly!" - look on her face. We'll see. Hopefully tomorow night!! woohoooo!!!!!

2. spikealus

spikealus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    :(

I never had a chance to watch the first season but I heard it is excellent. I heard that Lex will become more evil this season. His character will evolve to the more criminal mastermind aspect. should be interesting. what time wonder if it will conflict w/ Buffy? i may check it out and we can discuss

3. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    Im not sure what time. Last year I think it was 8.

& yes Lex should get more dark this year. It's really cool to see those 2 as friends. Lex often says these really weird things that make you think he knows all about Clark, but then... not. y'know? I cant wait for the big blowout.
    I hope you check it out. When i started watching it, someone actually descibed it to me as "very 'Buffy' " so maybe you'd like it! :)

4. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    cool if at 8 then okay I will watch
    hey what's another show to watch

:D

5. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I still think of Smallville as "Buffy's Roswell Creek"

They took the Superman story put it in a blender with what worked in 3 previous WB shows and poured it out on the air.

I saw a couple episodes last year, and the only thing I found interesting and/or original was the writing on the character of Lex and the performance of Michael Rosenbaum.

BTW it IS on at 8 after Buffy, the WB competition to Buffy is Gilmore Girls, a show I like and wish was in a different timeslot.

6. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    OW - oh man. did you just pick the Gilmore Girls over Smallville? [face_shocked]

Of course it cant be too original, Its Superman!! They cant do anything crazy like make the parents mean, or make him a football star (cause we all know he wasnt allowed to play football), to add another girlfriend besides Lana would be risky, he cant get in any serious trouble cause he's always the "good guy", they cant even add another family member. We all know the story, it's the how & why that I like. y'know... like a prequel. ;)
    Lex is definitely the coolest thing about the show. Rosenbaum does a really good job with a classic character. Maybe it is kinda soap opera, but it's a new spin on a great old story, so I cant help but like it. Give it a couple more episodes if you can bear it. Maybe it'll grow on you.

7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I just got hooked on Gilmore Girls Mid season last year and got caught up over the summer. Now they have it on on Sundays, so I can see the first season. And since I'm not a Buffy fan (not that I have anything against it), I have no conflict.

8. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    when is Birds of Prey on? That looks like it'll be sweet [face_drool]

9. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I didn't really like Gilmore Girls, everybody talked to fast for me... 8-} Now Alias on the other hand, awesome show! I've never seen Smallville, when is it on? 8 on Sunday? That's when Alias was on last year...

*SB*

10. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I think Birds of prey is going to be on wendsdays. Not sure what time, but I think it will be at 8.

11. spikealus

Apr 30, 2002
    crap another show w/ superheroes!!!

well on Wed watching Enterprse (yes, I am giving it another chance)so will give
    Birds a view and see what develops esp if the new Twilight Zone is boring!!

msut sleep now

later ya'll

12. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    Smallville is tuesdays at 8. season premier tonight!!!!

13. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I have 2 VCRs programmed for tonight, one for WB, one for UPN.

14. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Thanks for the reminder. Think I'll have to remind the PFF!

15. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Now don't people go dissing Gilmore Girls, I live for that show. Actually I lived for Roswell until it really started sucking, but I stayed with it until the end. I haven't seen too much Smallville, I'll have to look into watching it sometime.

16. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    Just so long as they pick up another season of 24 (soon), I don't care what other crap they put on TV.

17. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    The season premier of Smallville was good. :)

18. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    i missed it, can someone fill me in??

19. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I think Michael taped it.

BTW-Gilmore Girls was great, and I am so not missing next week's episode. Must know what happens w/ Christopher!!!!

20. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Ah, yes. Smallville is great. I like Gilmore Girls too. :) Both are good shows.
    After watch Smallville last night I wanted more. Guess I missed watching that show this summer. Birds of Prey looks like it's gonna be pretty cool too. :D

21. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    recap for QGD (and because I am beyond bored)

the start-
    the tornado is raging. Clark runs into it to save Lana in the truck. he manages to protect her and they end up in a field. she is basically unharmed but unconcious. She remembers clark being there when she was in the twister, in the truck... but thats not possible. ;) She tells him later " I think theres more to you than meets the eye." he denies it. she replies "you cant hide forever." so shes suspicious, but not sure (kinda reminded me of Lois in Superman II.) good setup for the season.
    Chloe (Clarks "friend" who has a crush on him) decides to just be good friends. She cries, he's clueless, and still liking Lana.
    Lex and his father were both hurt when the storm kicked the crap outa their house. Lex recovers completely, but he feels guilty about hesitating to help his father when he was hurt and trapped during the storm. He did help him though. Daddy Luthor now needs surgery, but its risky. Lex says "do it", and his father ends up blind. Lex seems very disturbed. Guilty, angry, etc.. Another good setup.
    Jonathan (mr Kent) had followed Roger Nixon (reporter) out into the storm after Nixon managed to get video of the ship Clark crashed in years ago. the ship springs to life after a missing piece is replaced and shoots out into the storm. It seemed to me that it was heading for clark, cause it went right into the twister, but then lightning hits it, the piece comes free again, and it spins off. Back to Jonathan & the reporter--- they found shelter underground, but are basically trapped. Clark finally manages to get to them, but Nixon stuffs some Kryptonite in his jacket lining leaving Clark helpless. Nixon tries to take him away and Mr kent fights him. As Nixon is standing over Mr Kent getting ready to kill him, Lex appears and shoots Nixon, killing him and any chance that Clarks secret will be revealed.
    Nice and tidy. Good setups and no lingering bad guys. except Lex of course [face_mischief]
    and oh yeah, Clark explains to his dad that when he was in the tornado trying to help Lana, he was trying to get to the truck and even though the storm was throwing him around, he could kinda control himself. "it felt like I was willing myself towards the truck. It felt like... I was flying."
    then they show the ship sitting in a corn field, ready to be found, plain as day.

the end---

I dig this show. :)

22. Clockwork

Clockwork Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    Smallville is a great excuse for comic book fans to watch teenage melodrama. Our friends will make fun of us if we watch Dawson's Creek or 90210 reruns, but with Smallville we have the excuse that "it's Superman!" Seriously, I think it got off to a slow start, but it's one of the better network shows.

Birds of Prey looks like it could either be really good or really cheesy (maybe both?) Firefly looks promising, but so far the only impressive thing about it is the visual effects. John Doe is surprisingly good - I saw it by accident and didn't think I'd like it, but I did.

The two TV shows that got me through the summer were The Dead Zone and Monk, both excellent shows. I think they're still showing new episodes of Monk Fridays on USA Network and Thursdays on ABC.

Sci-fi Channel is cancelling Farscape...there goes the only reason I have cable TV...

23. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I think the great thing about smallville is that it has a little something for everyone. For me, it's the whole superhero, superpowers thing (what? I'm a huge geek, aren't we all?) Some people like some of that romance schmutz (it's alright sometimes) and of course there's plenty of pretty girls to look at :) I'm stoked for Birds of Prey, I'm a little bit more partial to Batman than I am superman, but I'm not sure how I'm going to like it without well... Batman.

24. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Batman? Who's that?...Dina Meyer...[face_drool]

;)

25. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    ahpr... thanks... i didnt think anyone was actually going to let me know, i thought it'd go on forgotten and people would jsut expect me to wait for a repeat...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.