main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX Smallville

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jango-joe1, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    Well the second season started on Sept. 24th and it ended with the spaceship that brought Kal-El(Clark)to Smallville in a cornfield.

The next episode came on last night...The summer is over and a new year at Smallville High has started and Clark met up with his new (i think it was biology) teacher. Clark got his hormones raging...Clark realized that he has heat vision too. The teacher turned out to be Lex's fiance. She started to turn Lex against Clark, Lana, and the Kents. Clark saved Lex and John with his new found power.

Next weeks episode it goes back to the spaceship in the cornfield (I guess they forgot about it :p) and someone is suppose to find out about Clark's Kryptonian origin...and it looked like Pete Ross.

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    To spite myself this show is starting to grow on me.

But I don't know what I think about this friend finding out about this powers. I thought that Lois and his famliy were that only ones who knew.

3. Jedi_Kristen

Jedi_Kristen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    this show isn't exactly the doctrine of Superman. I mean look at all the discrepancies.

I would so name my kid Kal-El

4. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Well basically the only doctrine of Superman is the 4 comics series (Action Comics, Superman, Man of Steel, and Adventures of Superman) and in these Ma and Pa Kent die and keep coming back to life.

The TV show does have some continuity issues, but it's DC and they have some conitnuity problems just with the comics sometimes.

5. Darth_Mauled

Darth_Mauled Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    If you think this show has some continuity issues, check out the story about the new Superman movie at the digitalbits.com. Supposedly, Warner Bros wants to "reimagine" Superman where his costume is the source of his powers. How lame is that?

6. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    WHAT!! I may hate superballs more than any other hero but you NEVER MESS WITH CHARACTERS ORGIN!!

7. Jedi_Kristen

Jedi_Kristen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Okay, girls. Here's the big question. I think this question can really show what a woman's priorities are in life.

Who would you rather have?

Superman or Batman.

Discuss.

8. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I fell asleep last night and missed the ending

9. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Dr. Hamilton was coming from Lex's place when he dropped some pills in his car. A trucker swerved to miss him and the truck flipped and landed in the cornfield and Dr. Hamilton drove off as Pete arrived. Both Pete andthe Trucker saw the spacecraft. Dr. Hamilton killed the trucker in the hospital, the trucker told him that the only person who knew about the space craft was Pete Ross. So Dr. Hamilton stole the ship from Pete and Clark and John went to steal it from Pete but when they got there it was gone. As they left Pete saw Clark leave and the ship missing.

So Pete went to Clark to get some answers and Clark told him the usual stuff and finally decided to tell Pete about his powers. Dr, Hamilton is know looking for a octagon shaped key for the craft and he also has Lionel Luthor looking into it. So Dr. Hamilton kidnapps Pete and tries to make him talk...Pete doesn't and Dr. Hamilton is about to inject some liquid kryptonite in to him and Clark brsts in and does his heat rays on the syringe and knocks Dr. Hamilton down, but as Clark is saving Pete some of the liqid Kryptonite seeps into Dr. Hamiltons brain and he starts to convulse and he dies.

The end the show as Clark and Pete play basketball and Pete told Clark that he could use his powers and it kind of made it look like that Clark was flying at the end.

Next week I think Clark gets a hold of some red kryptonite and his personality just shifts and he's evil.

10. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    I taped last night's episode because I knew I would not be able to make it though the whole show.

11. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Hey John, did you see "Red"?

Clark and Pete got some class rings, which were made from red kryptonite and transformed Clark's personality instantly. If you haven't watched it...check it out. :)

12. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    I taped it. Haven't watched it yet. Maybe today I'll watch it,but definitely by tomorrow.

13. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    On Tuesday Night there was a new episode of Smallville:

Lana was at her parent's graves and there was a love letter waiting for her. It is very romantic and Clark reads it and calls the guy a stalker, Chole then calls him the Man of Steel. Anyway Martha becomes Lionel Luthor's personal assistant, And the guy who is after Lana's heart (Byron) has superpowers thanks to a social drug created by LuthorCorp. When Clark tries to stop him he is sent flying back about a couple of hundred feet. Clark and Pete find out that Byron becomes normal when he is in darkness, Chole then finds out that it was LuthorCorp's doing. So Clark races the the Luthor mansion just in time to save his mom and Lionel from Byron. Clark finds a small shaft that leads into a tunnel so Clark takes Byron down there and he becomes normal.

I'm not sure, but I think that they are going to do reruns of the episodes that they have out right now.

14. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    Yeah I think the WB will run an "occasional" rerun just to prolong the season until May.

15. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    The Episode last week was called "Redux"

Lana found a picture of her mom and some guy and she asked around to see if anyone could help her...and Lex took care of it. John and Martha were having problems at the farm and Martha had to ask he father, which Johnathan didn't like. Clark was happy about meeting his grandfather. Also, there was the backstory in which a cheerleader who kisses people and they grow old...and she stays the same age. I think she was in in school since 1910. Clark finds out why his grandfather was never around when he was young becuase he couldn't contorl his powersd like they do now.

16. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    This week's episode was called "Lineage"

A woman comes to Smallville and claims to be Clark's mother. She had an affair with Lionel Luthor and they had a baby, Lionel took the baby away from her and put it up for adoption and put the mother in a mental hospital. We find out later that the baby died before he was a year old....This was a Flashback Episode It was a day after the meteor shower, and Johnathan got the spaceship in the back of a truck and was driving down the road and found Lionel. Lionel took Johnathan to young Lex and they took Lex to the hospital. At the hospital, Lionel thanked John and asked him that 'if he needed anything, just let him know." The Sheriff (who is still the Sheriff now) talks to the Kents and Martha has baby Clark and Clark got away form her and she had a funny line "He got away from me...this kid is strong" Martha was on the spot and said that they adopted Clark. John had to go to Lionel and the made some fake adoption papers and Lionel asked John to talk to the Ross brothers and ask them to sell their corn field to LuthorCorp, Lionel threatened John and John did what he was told and he feels responsible for the toxic dumping and everything bad in Smallville.

Into Present Day... Chole goes into Clarks adoption papaers and he gets angry and they have a big fight. The Sheriff asks Clark for some DNA to see if he is the adopted child that the woman claims he is. They take it through some saliva samples, which I have never seen done before, and Clark and Pete break in and swap the DNA samples. The woman kidnaps Lex who was driving out od a small building which had "LexCorp" on it. So Clark asked Chole where the woman was at and he took off to save Lex. The woman called Lionel and told him that if he didn't say that Clark was their love child then Lex would die...of coruse he doesn't. the woman raised the axe and brought it down and Clark saved Lex and ther axe shattered on Clark's back. The woman was put back into the hospital and Lana found the man who turned out to be Henry Small (the heir to the family that founded Smallville) and he was rude with her. Later he showed up at the coffee shop that Lana owns and he asks her to take a DNA test with her just to see if he is her father or not.

I think that about somes it up

17. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    I fell asleep watching last night's episode, I probably missed at least 60% of it. Thanks for the recap. I should have recorded it. Doesn't it re-air on Saturday? Do you know what time, Joe?

18. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    I should come on at 9pm on Saturday, John

19. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    I saw this episode this week. Interesting show.

When they break into the lab to swap the DNA tests, I could have sworn that the vial was a vial of blood, but they'd taken a oral sample (Joe, I don't think it was saliva, but the cells from inside your cheek. We did this in biology once. Easy and painless way to get cells/DNA) from Clark. Maybe I was wrong.

Are Lex and Clark supposed to be friends? It was mentioned in this episode, but they didn't seem to friendly when they interacted.

Lastly, when are we gonna see Clark's dad slide across the hood of his car and shoot fire arrows at stuff?

20. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    I take it you haven't watched the show much. Lex and Clark have been friends, but I think Lex has been suspicious of Clark and some of the weird events surrounding him.

21. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Clark and Lex have been friends since the first episode where Clark saved Lex's life. They've had some really cool lines, and some are pretty ironic. Exp: "You know Clark, our friendship will be the stuff of legends."- Lex

Also in one Episode Johnathan Kent was driving down the road one night and the "Dukes of Hazard" theme song playing.

Lex is staying in Smallville because of two things: #1 to show up his dad and #2 to find out what's up with the meteor rocks (kryptonite)

22. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    I was able to make it through the encore presentation of Tuesday's show last night. Any idea who the boy in the picture is with Lionel Luthor?

23. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Lucas maybe?

24. Darth_Mauled

Mar 16, 2002
    Lionel claimed Lucas died, so I was thinking it could be someone else.

25. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    maybe it's an evil twin of Lex...who will kill the good Lex and then take over Metropolis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.