main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~*~*~Smile~*~*~ Based on song by Lonestar *J/J/Z Song-fic*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by puppyglo, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    This is a short little viggie that just popped into my head a few months ago and I finally got around to writing it! Yay! Go me! Anyway, it is based on the song "Smile" by Lonestar. It centers mainly around Zekk.

Title: Smile (A Zekk Vignette)

Author: puppyglo

Characters: Zekk, Jaina Solo, Jag Fel

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the characters in it. I don't own the song "Smile" either, Lonestar does.

~*~*~*~*~

Smile

I still remember the night we met
    You said you loved my smile
    But your love for me was like a summer breeze
    Oh it lasted for a while
    I could hold on a little tighter I know
    But when you love someone gotta let 'em go

A lone Jedi sat on a barstool in a old tavern, drowning his sorrows in a glass of whiskey. The bartender came up to refill his glass.

?Don?t worry, you?ll get over her.? The barkeep gently remarked.

?No, I won?t. She?s getting married. Did you know that? She?s marrying an Imperial! I bet Han is thrilled with that arrangement.? the Jedi mumbled sarcastically.

?Who was she?? the bartender asked.

?She was the most amazing woman I have ever met...? he sighed, ?Jaina Solo.?

?You?ve fallen head over heels for Jaina Solo!??

?Yep.? He downed his glass and put it in front of him for another round. ?Kinda pathetic really, I fell for her when I was eleven.?

The bartender whistled softy to himself. ?Kid, may I ask you something?? To the young man?s nod he continued, ?How could you possibly meet the woman of your dreams at age eleven??

He laughed softly. ?I don?t know really. It?s funny, she was my best friend growing up. Then when she turned fifteen, she was my first real girlfriend and my first real kiss. Then she joined Rogue Squadron because of this damn war, and now she is in love with the son of her father?s worst enemy. Ironic, isn?t it?? He sighed and shook his head, motioning again for another round but the bartender wouldn?t refill the glass. ?Name is Zekk, by the way.?

?Deen.? They shook hands.

So I'm gonna smile
    Cause I wanna make you happy
    Laugh
    So you can't see me cry
    I'm gonna let you go style
    And even if it kills me
    I'm gonna smile

Zekk clambered out of his X-wing and headed for Wedge Antilles? office to see where he was suppose to be going now that, he too, was involved in the war. He was walking out of the hanger when he heard a woman?s voice. He turned. His heart shattered. Jaina Solo was wrapped up in Jag Fel?s arms giggling and then kissing him. He sighed and headed over to her with a forced smile.

?Zekk! Hi.? she said after untangling herself from Fel?s grip. She gave him a quick hug then backed away. ?What are you doing here? I thought you were still at the Academy.?

?I was, but Wedge called me. He told me that I had to get down here or else, so I came.? He smiled at her, then looked at Jag and offered his hand. ?Hey, Jag.?

Jag to the offered hand, ?Hello Zekk. I hate to cut this little reunion short, but I got rookies to train, paperwork to fill out.? He gave Jaina a quick kiss on the cheek then turned back to Zekk, ?Good seeing you again.?

?You too.? Then Jag was gone and it was just him and Jaina. ?So,? He tried to ask casually, ?Can I take you out for some caf or something??

?That would be great but I can?t right now. I also have a lot of pilots that need to be trained. I still need to do some touch-up repairs on my X-wing too. I?m sorry,? Jaina replied with an apologetic grin.

?Oh, it?s fine. How about later?? Zekk pressed hopefully but trying not to let it show.

?Okay, great. How ?bout I meet you down at the café in about an hour??

?See you then.? He started to walk away but turned around and gave her another quick hug. ?It?s good to see you again, Jay.?

She hugged him back. ?You too Zekk, I missed you.? She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and returned back to her X-wing repairs.

Kiss me once for the good times, baby
    Kiss me twice f

2. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    Sorry 'bout that. Now you can reveiw. This is a un-betaed version.

3. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
  4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Lovely!! That was really cool... I did feel bad for Zekk though. That's a weird feeling for me. I don't wanna make it a habit, okay? :p

J&J

5. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    Jaina_and_Jag: Yeah, I know what you mean. Thank you.

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    aw....poor zekk :( i'm glad he let it go though, for his sake *sniff* *remembers why she converted* *sends zekk off to RotJ* [face_love] :D

oh, and shut up J&J ;) i seem recall you indulging yourself in RotJ posts once or twice :p

~TJF

EDIT: alright, paperwork. try to contain your joy, everyone :p ;)

if you would like this to be added to the YJK_Index, please PM the following information either to YJK_Index or Trickster_Jaina_Fel (YJK_Index *is* prefered):

Title: (with URL)
    Author: (with profile URL)
    Summary:
    Keywords: (please include the genre, pairings and main characters)
    Author?s Notes: (if needed)

7. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    Trickster_Jaina_Fel: Thanks, what RotJ posts?

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    RotJ = my J/Z fic (named when i was still new, and will be changed for the rewrite [face_blush])

~TJF

9. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    That was great, puppyglo! Poor Zekk! But I'm glad he accepted Jaina's happiness with Jag

10. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    TJF: :p I still try to indulge myself with those posts. ;) That's one of the times I let myself like Zekk. j/k I do like him, he just isn't one of my favorite characters.

J&J

11. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    Trickster_Jaina_Fel: Oh, ok. Thank you! I will check it out.

Lt_Jaina_Solo: Thank you. Yeah, I think that when Jag and Jaina do get married Zekk is going to be happy for her (and we all know that they most likely will).

12. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Good story, if the unthinkable happens and Jaina doesnt marry Zekk, then I think they'll stay friends afterwards.

13. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    _3MD_PsychoSniper: Thank you. Yeah, most likely. I mean, they have been like best friends since she was like 9, I can't imagine them not staying friends.

14. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Wow, just found this. It was good!

15. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    -Trickster-: Really? It's been here a while... :confused: [face_blush] Thanks so much! :)

16. Elyra

Elyra Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2004
    hey Glo! wonderful story, it almost made me cry.

17. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    Elyra: Aww! I'm sowies! But I am glad you liked it! :) Thanks

~Glo

EDIT - stupid mark up codes..

18. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    Up

~Glo

19. Saturniia

Saturniia Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2004
    Not bad... but I wonder how long it's going to be before Jaina realizes she's married the wrong man?

20. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    Saturniia - Not bad...

Thanks. :)

but I wonder how long it's going to be before Jaina realizes she's married the wrong man?

-shrug- That's a matter of opinion. :D

~Glo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.