SMT Christmas party/Inauguration party/Retirement party/ROTS viewing

Discussion in 'Memphis, TN' started by TheDarknessX, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I am here to announce my Candidacy for SMT President. I am looking forward to campaigning for your votes and I am sure all of you know me by now so this will be fun! I will save the long speeches and decries for later but as of tonight I am entering into this race. Now I?m off to the salon?

[image=http://www.cinemaemcena.com.br/figuras/fotos/starwars_episode3_11s.jpg]
  2. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    That's awesome, Sal!

Make sure announce it in the Election thread also. :)
  3. Echo7Solo Jedi Knight

star 2
    cool... good luck Sal. :) I look forward to the race.
  4. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I love Democracy!

Nice to see that there will be a race after all, and especially nice to see someone who has been with the SMT since nearly the beginning throw his hat into the ring.

Good luck, Gentlemen! I shall be looking forward to a hearty race over the next 20 days.

5. Echo7Solo Jedi Knight

star 2
    It is truly a honor to run against Sal for president of the SMT. It is also quite the challenge. From my understanding Sal has been a member for quite some time, almost from the start. He is also one of the most well liked members of this chapter. There is no doubt in my mind that Sal would be a great leader and I am looking forward to the race.

When Sal announced that he was throwing his hair into the ring I was scared. How can I compete with a mane like that? I mean come on, have you ever seen a better head of hair? Look how long and shiny it is. And then you have me. I have to keep what I have left short before the curls grow out. Trust me, this is not a good thing with the hint of red in my hair. When I go too long without a haircut kids come up to me and ask me for a happy meal. Not that it will be a problem for much longer at the rate I'm loosing it at. How can I compete?

I lowered my head and placed it in my hands. That is when I remembered that I do have an advantage. Where the hair on the top of my head is not what it once was (yeah, I had a pony tail once too) I do have other hair to speak of. That's right fellow SMT'ers. I have a beard. The symbol of wisdom and leadership. If you question the might of the beard then lets look at the simple facts. Ninety-nine Civil War Generals and Admirals wore beards, three went on to become President of the United States, (their beards went with them).

Some of the greatest minds in history proudly wore beards.
    Confucius and Sigmund Freud both had beards. Abraham Lincoln was so confident in his beard he didn't even need a mustache. The son of God, Jesus Christ himself has a beard. Santa, Uncle Jessie, Papa Smurf, Sean Connery, Jerry Garcia and Kenny Rogers... all beards.

If that is not enough keep in mind, George Lucas has a beard. Should I bring up the bearded jedi? Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn both had beards. As does Luke Skywalker but that is a different kind of beard and we should leave Mara out of this. (oh I'm going to loose votes with that one).

In conclusion, myself and my beard are ready. Thank you for your support.

this post has been paid for by the friends and supporters of the scoundrel party.
    be a rebel, vote scoundrel
  6. Timewalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, but Mark Hamill has a beard, in Comic Book: The Movie (rent it now on DVD!).

I was wondering how best to present the candidates for our members to get to know their thoughts and plans for the group.
    My first thought was - debate!
    But then I remembered that both of them are wrestling fans, and any debates in wrestling result in somebody going through a table, so that's out.
    [face_beatup] [face_shame_on_you]

I guess the message boards will have to do.

-Joe
  7. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I guess since Tim is running on the Scoundrel Party ticket, then that would make Sal a member of the Salon party.

I can see his slogan now!

If you don't look good, we don't look good.

8. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Tim, you could start a debate thread here and kick it off.

Sal's slogan..."I'm going to the salon, bitches."
  9. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I love that slogan. It's right up there with my "You can't have the SMT without S&M" slogan. We should make T-shirts.
  10. mara_skywalker_fan Jedi Padawan

<Lumbergh voice> "Yeeaaahhh........" </>

[face_mischief]

:p

11. Echo7Solo Jedi Knight

star 2

This ain't no garden party, brother, this is wrestling, where only the strongest survive. To be the man, you've gotta beat the man. I'm a kiss stealing, wheeling dealing, jet flying, limosine riding, son of a gun. Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going. Wooooo!
  12. Echo7Solo Jedi Knight

star 2
    so if there is to be a debate who will moderate? What will the topics be? Finally how many more candidates will it take for this to become a mass debate?
  13. No_Kokoro Jedi Knight

star 1
    I want to see a debate... Because me and my friends are thinking about join SMT...
  14. TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling

star 3
    WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YOU SAY YOUR PRAYERS TAKE YOUR VITAMINS AND EAT YOUR CHEERIOS! BECAUSE WHATCHA YA GONNA DO WHEN SAL-AMAINIA AND ALL THE SAL-AMANICS RUN WILD ON YOU! WHATCHA GONNA DO?!

[image=http://www.x-entertainment.com/pics5/cheer4.jpg]
  15. Echo7Solo Jedi Knight

star 2

I'm ready for the debate anytime Sal is. I'm interested in seeing what his vision is for the future of the SMT. As for you and your friends considering joining the SMT... oh yes, please do. Trust me, you will have a blast. I can tell you now that the members are some of the best people I know. Some were even at my wedding. From day one everybody has made me feel welcome. It's almost like having a second family. Plus it is nice to be able to hang out with some of the most imaginative and talented people in the area. Everybody has something to bring to the table.
  16. JD Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Are you allowed to mass debate in public?
  17. TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Welcome to the States! BROTHER!

[image=http://www.hulkhogan.co.uk/hulkamania9.jpg]
  18. Echo7Solo Jedi Knight

star 2
    SAL-AMAINIA? SAL-AMAINIA? What the hell is that?
    "WHAT?"
    isn't that what you get when you eat under cooked chicken?
    "WHAT?"
    Running around with your little pony tail.
    "WHAT?"
    You can have your Cheerios!
    "WHAT?"
    Froot Loops!
    "WHAT?"
    Apple Jacks!
    "WHAT?"
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
    "WHAT?"
    I have some Rice Krispies for you!
    "WHAT?"
    You know, Snap.
    "WHAT?"
    Crackle
    "WHAT?"
    Pop
    "WHAT?"
    and you want me to say my prayers?
    "WHAT?"
    Well lets look up a passage called SOLO 3:16. It says I'm the next president of the SMT and that's the bottom line cause Echo7 says so.

[image=http://n64media.ign.com/docroot/media/news/newimages/nomercy/readerheat/austin_bio.jpg]
  19. No_Kokoro Jedi Knight

star 1
    I want to know when I join SMT are we all going to work on the FanFilm?
  20. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    OK, enough with the wresting, or you're going to smell what the Emp is cooking.

sniffs

Hmph. Smells like turnip greens.

You boys better settle down before someone loses a hand.
  21. Echo7Solo Jedi Knight

star 2

:_| I feel like I just got spanked and sent to my room. [face_laugh]
  22. Echo7Solo Jedi Knight

star 2

I can speak for myself and say I'd be more than willing to help you out with your fan film. As for everybody else, well, that's up to them but I'm sure some will help if they can.
  23. TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling

star 3
    DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE DARKNESS IS COOKING!?
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/contactwin/images/02.jpg]
    You think your the next SMT president!
    Who?
    Whats your name?
    IT DOSENT MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!
    The DARKNESS is going to take your little passage turn that sommama' bitch sideways and check you and your facial hair into the SMACKDOWN HOTEL!

IF YA' SMEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
    *tongue flapping*
    WHAT THE DARKNESS IS COOKING!

[image=http://www.geocities.com/contactwin/rock.gif]
  24. Echo7Solo Jedi Knight

star 2
    have a nice day. :)

Bang Bang!

[image=http://web.utk.edu/~glucke/CACTUS05.JPG]

see, I'm playing nice.
  25. PalpaTims_Hand Jedi Padawan

And that would be a bad thing. ;)