main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN SMT Event - Pink Palace - Sat., 7/25 at 1pm

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TNPredsFan, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    There will not be an official SMT event in the month of June. Everyone's calendar, including mine, is pretty full with graduations, birthdays, baby showers, etc. as well as the Superman Celebration in Metropolis mid-month.

The next event will be a trip to the Pink Palace Museum and Planetarium sometime in July. You still have a few days to sign up for the trial membership where you can attend for free!

I'll post more details soon.

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Cool! I haven't been in a while.

And you're right... June is just impossible at this point. Every single weekend is full with either Superman Celebration, getting ready for Celebration, or work. Going ahead and planning for July now is fine with me.

3. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    I just checked with thePink Palace and if we want to attend a planetarium show, we need to make reservations. Since they are having this trial membership going on, the shows are at capacity. I think we would be ok if we just went through the museum, but if we want to see a show, which they are always good, we need to make reservations. Just thought I would let the powers that be know so arrangements can be made.

Kelly

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Great idea, Kelly! Thanks for checking on that. I bet they are crowded thanks to the free membership offers. I haven't been to the Plane-arium in over 20 years. And I've never been to one of their IMAX shows.

BTW- I have a rare bone disease that makes me unable to pronounce the 't' in plane-arium.

5. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    I've never been to the Pink Palace. I hope I'm able to go.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

6. Darth_RobDog

Darth_RobDog Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    I know it's short notice, but how about Saturday, the 11th. We can also go to dinner to celebrate Tim's birthday.

7. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    No can do this weekend, sorry. Or at least Lin and I can't. We are going to the Orpheum to see Wicked. I'm actually thinking about the 24th.

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The 24th would work better for me, too. I've been booked for this Saturday, and next weekend I've got a wedding show. (But I appreciate your thinking about me, Rob! ;))

9. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Finally I clicked on the link for this.........

All this time I assumed "The Pink Palace" was something else.......

10. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Nicki: You will LOVE Wicked!!! Rob and I saw it last Thursday. It was great!

Tim: I'm glad you got a paying gig. I leave for KC on August 7th and hopefully the video you did for us will be in the top ones submitted.

Just a reminder, if we decide to go on the 24th (that's a Friday btw), they have a 3pm plantarium show on Friday. If we go on Saturday the 25th, they have a 12 noon and a 3pm show. The museum closes at 5pm every day.

Just post here when the powers that be decide on a definite date and time.

Kelly

11. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    :oops: Yeah, I meant Saturday. I can't count anymore.

12. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    We get the same response about "Mud Island".

13. Darth_RobDog

Oct 4, 2004
    Are we still planning a trip to the Pink Palace this weekend?

14. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    Yep! Let's set the time at 1pm.

15. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Don't let me forget to print off my free membership card!

16. Darth_RobDog

Oct 4, 2004
    Are we planning on attending the 3pm plantarium show? If so, we need to make reservation.

17. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Becky and John are coming and she and I had talked about doing the 3pm Imax showing of the Under The Sea show at 3pm. Anyone else interested? If so, I'll reserve when I reserve ours. Or I'll ask if they want to do the planetarium.

18. Darth_RobDog

Oct 4, 2004
    Kelly & I would rather do the planetarium, but we will do IMax if that is what the rest of the group agrees on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.