main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN SMT Fan Fic Index / Resource (index updated 04/13/05)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Trace, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    This will be the official SMT Fan Fiction Index for links to fan fics written by members of the SMT.

SMT'ers: Send me a PM & link if you would like your story added to the index.

The rest of the thread can be used for links to other FF sites, discussion, etc.

[b]SMT INDEX[/b]

[color=red]New![/color] TITLE: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/19113481/?14]Mother?s Heart: A Journal[/link]
    AUTHOR: [b]Jedi Trace[/b]
    GENRE: Vignettes/Series
    TIMEFRAME: Post-NJO
    MAIN CHARACTERS: Mara Jade Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Ben Skywalker, Solo family
    SUMMARY: Excerpts from the journal of Mara Jade Skywalker as she reflects on motherhood and life as a family.

[color=red]New![/color] TITLE: [u]Point of No Return[/u] (cannot be linked here due to rating - posted at fanfiction.net.)
    GENRE: Short story, Dark Luke
    TIMEFRAME: Post-TESB
    MAIN CHARACTERS: Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade
    SUMMARY: Dark Luke/Mara romance.

[color=red]New![/color] TITLE: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=18957541&start=18957541&search=Monuments]Monuments[/link]
    AUTHOR: [b]rhonderoo[/b]
    GENRE: Vignette
    TIMEFRAME: ROTS *spoilers*
    MAIN CHARACTERS: Anakin/Vader
    SUMMARY: Lord Vader returns to Naboo one year after ANH.

[color=red]New![/color] TITLE: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/18182422/?16]The Relic[/link]
    MAIN CHARACTERS: Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker, Leia Organa Solo
    SUMMARY: Luke, Mara, and Leia discuss the fate of a family heirloom.

[color=red]New![/color] TITLE: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=18485497&start=18485497&search=Passing+On+Dreams]Passing on Dreams[/link]
    MAIN CHARACTERS: Luke/Mara/Ben/Anakin Skywalker
    SUMMARY: Luke gets some unexpected help when comforting his son after a bad dream.

TITLE: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/18315380/?2]Recovery[/link]
    GENRE: Drama/Angst
    TIMEFRAME: ROTS ? no spoilers
    MAIN CHARACTERS: Original characters, Anakin Skywalker
    SUMMARY: A MedStar trauma team receives the gravely injured Anakin Skywalker. Based on the technical commentary [link=http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html#origin] The Injuries of Darth Vader.[/link]

TITLE: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/18182422/?16]The Relic [/link]
    TIMEFRAME: Post-ROTJ
    MAIN CHARACTERS: Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker, Leia Organa Solo
    SUMMARY: Luke, Mara, and Leia discuss the fate of a family heirloom.

TITLE: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/18151678/?5]Bring Me To Life[/link]
    GENRE: Songfic
    TIMEFRAME: TESB-ROTJ
    MAIN CHARACTERS: Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker
    SUMMARY: Based on the song ?Bring Me To Life? by Evanescence

TITLE: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/17836778/?9]Missing[/link]
    GENRE: Songfic
    TIMEFRAME: ROTS/ROTJ-ish
    MAIN CHARACTERS: Padme Skywalker
    SUMMARY: Based on the song ?Missing? by Evanescence

TITLE: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/17438810/?0]Endor Day[/link]
    GENRE: Family fun, humor
    MAIN CHARACTERS: Luke/Mara/Ben Skywalker
    SUMMARY: Luke/Mara/Ben return to Endor for an annual celebration. Part of the Luke/Mara holiday challenge thread.

TITLE: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/17709885/?4]You?re Stuck With Me[/link]
    GENRE: Humor, vignette
    TIMEFRAME: OT and beyond
    MAIN CHARACTERS: Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker
    SUMMARY: It is not so easy to get away from Master Kenobi?s tutelage.

2. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    (spooty broken links)

Anyone else? :)

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Then My Father Is Truly Dead

From my opening in this OLD thread... 8-}

This scene in Return of the Jedi has always been special to me. When Darth Vader turns to look over the forest, I always felt he was remembering something. I think that by this time, Luke has touched on Anakin, and he is truly torn. So...without much further ado.

Oh and as always, feedback is appreciated!

Title: Then My Father Is Truly Dead
    Rating: PG

The dark lord's thoughts before going to the Emperor, as he contemplates his son's rejection.

4. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Having been recently traumatized by a fanfic, I just went back and re-read "Then My Father is Truly Dead." *sniff* I love that viggie......just love it.

5. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Then My Father Is Truly Dead

"Impressive, most impressive...but you are not a jedi yet!"

Sorry, couldn't resist! That was pretty cool. I'll have to check out your others.

Ok, I just got finished with Are you an angel?, and yes- I'm a bit teary.

Having hung out with the kids at the RMH this one hit close to home. When I visit them I'm always afraid to ask how any of the missing regulars are. Sometimes you find out that they either got to go home or are at the hospital for a check up or chemo, but sometimes you're told they didn't make it. I do find it amazing that many of the times I'm there it only takes a few minutes of playing or talking for you to forget they are sick. They just have so much energy and 'kid' in them that even cancer can't slow them down. But sooner or later reality does return. You do what you can when you can, enjoy the time and conversations you share while you are there, and count your blessings every night.

Thanks, Rhonda, now I need to go invest in Kleenex!

Tim: Are you going to be posting these fan-fics in the 'creations' part of the SMT website? After MSC of course! (Sew faster- Yoda needs a pony!)

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Lin: Yeah, we'll have a FanFic section up after the sweatshop closes down. Several of us have fics that need a permanent home.

And I know what you mean about tearing up over that fic. Rhonda did a great job with it.

7. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    I get traumatised by watching the PT, although Lucas's dreadful dialogue has a lot to do with it. ;)

8. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yeah, I love the characters (well, most of them) and there has been some great quotable lines- especially in the OT, but man, these last two flicks had some serious cheese being spoken. And I really miss the character interaction we got in Empire. Great chemestry, great visuals, great drama and action. I just think a lot of it comes down to folks being 'yes men' and George not wanting to give up any control. I understand it's his baby, and God bless him for giving birth to it- but please get help writing and directing!

I'd really love to see more things happen outside the movies. Either more animation like the CW cartoon, or a series like 'Amazing Stories' or 'The Storyteller' featuring the SW universe. Heck, George is successful enough now he could have his own SW cable channel! It could have the SW movies, specials, documentaries, fan films(professional and amateur), and other movies that inspired SW or were inspired by SW. He could do an all digital one and beam it out like he's developing with the movies. Either that, or have it become part of the Sci-Fi channel- a SW night.

Anyway, back to the fan-fics- Tim: that'd be a great addition to the website. I don't have any fiction written, but would love to donate some toons, illustrations and sculpts for it. A costuming section would be cool, even if it was just a photo album in another part of the site.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the site- after we all recover from MSC!

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, trust me.... I'll be looking for volunteers, Lin. You may be sorry you offered!

We will definitely add more sections to the site. We have some creative folks here in the SMT, and we should proudly display their works.

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Oh, trust me.... I'll be looking for volunteers, Lin. You may be sorry you offered!

I know, "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows."

We should have a good bit of stuff after con to fill a website with. Who knows, maybe I'll pick up a bit of Flash knowledge along the way!

11. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Hidden Vengenceis a fan fic I started on a while back, I haven't even finished a rough draft of it yet, but I think it has promise.

Tim

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Well, you have to promise to finish it!

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Here's a link to my one and only full-length fic - an AU Luke & Mara story that I wrote years ago: Stronger Than Night

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    After our conversation about Vader's death, I decided to re-work & post this vignette:

Memorial

15. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Avoiding dirty dishes and shamelessly upping this thread. [face_blush]

16. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    For Memorial -

I LOVE this viggie! Still brings a tear to my eye. You can feel Luke's grief in this. You also had a way of making it feel like Vader/Anakin was almost looking on... *shivers*. Great job, Trace!!!

I also put this on your original thread.

Guys, if you like the work, do us a favor and "up" it for others to read (if they will) on the original threads too! :)

17. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Thanks, Rhonda! [face_blush]

18. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Finished this plot bunny...

A Quiet Mind

An Anakin/Qui-Gon vignette set during the Clone Wars.

19. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Oooohhhh.....another good one! I replied in the story thread. :)

(I gotta learn how to do the cover art thing......)

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Just finished Memorial. Nice job, Traci. I posted there. Also read Rhonda's A Quiet Mind. I liked it, too and posted in its thread.

Looking forward to having these on the site.

D-V

21. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    FYI-

Here's a link to my latest vignette: HOME

It takes place toward the end of the NJO and is a Luke & Mara story.....of course. [face_blush]

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Rhonda and I would like to invite you to the opening night of our fan fic....well, of Chapter One at least:

WHAT CHOICE REMAINS

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/choice.jpg]

[face_dancing] ~*~pops champagne~*~ [face_dancing]

It's an OT, part-AU (for EU content only) Vader/Mara story. (Hey, it's us! What'd you expect? ;))

[UPDATE: 08/01/04] We just finished Chapter 4. Only 3 more chapters & the Epilogue to go!

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Shamelessly promoting Rhonda's latest vignettes:

Long Forgotten

They're wonderful!!

24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Attention everyone! ;)

Let's have a big round of applause for Rhonda for placing in the official Fan Fiction Summer Challenge!

WTG, girlfriend!

=D= =D= =D=

25. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    [face_blush] Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.