main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN SMT SWRPG nite... How's that for an mneumonic device?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Aravis_Antilles, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    Just so this doesn't die out, thought I'd post and see who was interested.

There's been talk on the board of giving some Star Wars Role Playing a try. In order to do this, you need
    (a)sourcebooks--We've got those covered.
    (b) people who've played before--we established that several of us have.
    (c)people who are interested in playing--I need a shout-out of those people to see if that requirement is met.
    AND
    (d) a place/time to meet-- I cannot do this thing, as I am dorm-bound. Any volunteers?

So, if anyone is interested, even mildly, in seeing what RPG is all about, post and we'll find out if we've got enough interest to give it a go!

Darth Joy* (Moo-wah-ha-ha-ha.){Evil cow laugh.}

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm willing to give it a shot, Joy. The only interfering factor for me is time. I'm pretty much booked until the third weekend in October. After that, with the exception of our appearances at Zoo Boo and Nightmarez, I'm free.

Any way that I can be Obi-Gon-Mark-Rick-Steve, the Sewing Jedi? I know we have a lot of folks who need costume help, too, before our Halloween activities.

3. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I'd be interested.

4. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I wouldn't miond giving it a shot. I'll be tied up with the haunt until mid-November, but will be free after that. Shoudl give us a little time before ShadowCon to get in some game time.

Lin

5. Aravis_Antilles

Feb 20, 2003
    YAY! That's three!

Shall we plan for early November? Or is Lin just too packed and we'll have to go for late November?

Also, is that Tim I hear volunteering his house?

Evil Cow Leader* Moo-wah-ha-ha-ha.

6. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    The haunt will be over Nov1st, but we'll have two weeks to tear down and store it all, so I'll be swamped until at least the 15th. Don't feel you have to wait for me- i can always play catch up!

Lin

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Did I say we could use my house?

Well, OK....but y'all have to supply all the food and drinks.

8. Aravis_Antilles

Feb 20, 2003
    {{grumble grumble}} No pressure, Tim. [glare]

No, really, if you didn't want to volunteer, I was joking.

Oct 2 is the campout, right?

Overnite doesn't sound as long as it really is...

Tim {the younger}, call me and we'll see if we can bring the character sheets to the overniter and format the characters so we'll be ready to go mid-November,please.

Yay!

((does funky chicken around campfire))

Moo-wah-ha-ha-ha.

Evil cow leader*

9. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    *shoots Joy while she is dancing*

Much better.

-Darth Grace*

and NO STEALING MY HANDLE, YOU DAMN DIRTY JEDI! *WHACK!!!*

10. Star_Blazer_M31

Feb 21, 2003
    *shoots Joy while she is dancing*

Much better.

Of course I'm interested.

-Darth Grace*

and NO STEALING MY HANDLE, YOU DAMN DIRTY JEDI! *WHACK!!!*

11. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Hey Arravis PM me your number so I can call you about the game.

12. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    I know this is somewhat of an old thread but I would be interested in playing some Star Wars RPG's

13. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Cool, I still got to call joy about getting some stuff together.

14. cdillon

Sep 25, 2003
    Let's do it this weekend, my wife is going to be out of town so it would be no problem for me to get away!!!

15. Aravis_Antilles

Feb 20, 2003
    *Loud Beep*

Eeeeeegh!

I'm sorry, your reality has been deactivated.

This weekend is not plausible. My grandmother is... well, she's dying to be perfectly honest, and I get to house-sit my parents house while they go up to see her. The week after or perhaps the next would be great, though.

We still need a venue. TIM, CALL ME. We need to find a place and a prelim DM. I VOLUNTEER J. HE ROCKS.

The Evil Cow Leader*

Moo-wah-ha-ha.

16. Star_Blazer_M31

Feb 21, 2003
    ...Wakka...rocks?? *shoots Joy*

geez.

This weekend, I am DEFINATELY going home because the Yu-Gi-Oh! Dulest League is giving away free Dark Necropher cards. For those of you who aren't familiar with Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dark Necropher is a very powerful card. It will improve my deck immensely.

*bows*

-Darth Grace*

17. cdillon

Sep 25, 2003
    Joy

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will pray for her and your family!

18. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Hey Joy what's the best time to call you? I think we should shoot for a saturday in November for the game. Sorry that we can't do it this weekend Chad, but if you're just bored and want to come down to Memphis we could play Trading card game.

I assume everyone will want to play a rebellion era game maybe between a New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.

19. cdillon

Sep 25, 2003
    Tim
    I know nothing about trading card games.

20. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Hey geniuses the costuming meeting is this weekend!

21. Aravis_Antilles

Feb 20, 2003
    I resemble that remark.

I may or may not be able to make this weekend's costume meeting. I may bring a great pyrenees with me. Hee hee.

A weekend in november sounds nice. Hmm. Perhaps the first weekend? I know that Lin can't make that, but he said he'd play catch up.

Tim, you can call me anytime today or tomorrow on my dorm phone number. I'll PM that to you. But we still need a venue badly. WHERE< WHERE< WHERE?

Sorry to forget about the costume meeting. Can't wait for it, but I don't have anything to bring to it. I've never wanted to be anything but a Jedi, and an unconventional one at that. Like I said, I may bring a big, fluffy pyr.

YIS,
    Joy*

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Joy: Sorry for the delay. I have company and haven't had too much time to surf or post. As I said earlier, I'll provide the locale. When is the next question. This Sunday is the costuming meeting, so all table space will be consumed with sewing machines. Just about every Saturday in October has something scheduled for me, so we may have to do it some Sunday.

Y'all get together and decide. I'm going to take a passenger seat on this one and let you handle this one, Joy.

And please do not bring a dog. My backyard is still not completely fenced in, and my kids and I are extremely allergic to pet dander.

23. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Joy I tried calling you yesterday but I got no answer.

24. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Actually why don't we shoot for sometime early Nov. and do it at Audobon? That's a great place and close to you UM'ers. (Of which there are 5). I'd like to come at least see. We should spread our venues out more. I'm getting tired of Millingnone [face_laugh] , and we're about half and half now as far as location.

Let me know if I can help. We could have a picnic and it be our Nov meeting because things will be hectic the next couple of months, and meeting time will be very scarce until after the first of the year. I won't be at the costume meeting because I don't costume, soooo. 8-} The only thing I'll make is probably Zoo Boo, sans costume. :) Seriously though, let me know if you need me to help organize.

25. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    What? Tired of Millingstone? But there's so much to do here. ;) [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.