main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN SMT SWRPG nite... How's that for an mneumonic device?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Aravis_Antilles, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    I would be willing to do it whenever as long as it is a Saturday, I am kind of busy on Sunday... ;)

2. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Yeah Saturdays are the best for me too. I think it would make a good meeting for Nov. I wouldn't complain if we had it in Memphis but it really doesn't matter to me where.

3. cdillon

Sep 25, 2003
    EVERYBODY COME TO JACKSON!!! *smack*

Come on guys that hurt!

4. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    Here's the all-important date.

November 15.

There's the pre-pre-pre date. PLEASE tell me if that's a problem to anyone. We'll do a picnic lunch thing. Sounds like fun.

Tim, I'm sorry. I've been hectic for about a week and haven't been within arm's reach of a computer. My grandmother did pass away, and the tension in the family has been unbearable, aside from the 2 papers I've had due.

Okieday! Is everyone cool with that or should another date be picked?

Evil Cow Leader* Moo-wah-ha-ha

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm sorry about your grandmother. :( My condolences to your family.

6. cdillon

Sep 25, 2003
    Sorry about your grandmother but the 15th of November is good for me!

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family, Joy.

The 15th should be fine for us.

8. Aravis_Antilles

Feb 20, 2003
    Thanks for the love, guys. I'm not too bad. She told me she was ready and all, and that she was happy to go be seeing her Jesus. I'm not going to argue with that! {smile}

Kewlies. So the 15th works for you. Anyone want to bring snackedy type things to munch upon? Even those in the audience must have snackedy things.

Cokes are good too. A cooler and ice. Blankets. BYOB on that one.

Uh... Tim the younger, if you would call the number again and leave a message this time, it would be appreciated. Woo-ha! Now we're talkin'.

YIS,
    Joy*

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Joy: I have plenty of drinks left from the CTC. Let's go ahead a plan a time for the 15th so we can get it all nailed down in advance and everyone can go ahead and mark their calendars. How long does it take to play one of these games?

Can I be the race car? Ooo...wait...the top hat!

10. cdillon

Sep 25, 2003
    I have to be in Memphis, more like Germantown on the 15th for a Children's Ministry Conference. I am in it until around 2:30pm. Anyway we can do it after that? Maybe at like 3:00pm or 3:30pm?

11. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    3:00 pm sounds good. Tima game will usually take a couple of hours depending on the person running it.

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK, so let's just say 3 pm on Saturday, November 15th. I'll supply to location and drinks. If y'all want to pitch in and get pizza, or bring burger fixins (because I still have enough burger patties to feed a small army...or FanForce), then that's fine with me.

13. Sargonnas

Sargonnas Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2003
    Hello Everyone,

Im new to this board. And saw this thread and wanted to post. Ive been playing the SWRPG for years now, but havent been able to play for a while. Im not real famelier with the NEW level based rules, but if you guys use the OLD D6 rules Im a master :). I would love to participate in youre game if you have an opening.
    Thanks Sargonnas. (Lance)

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Lance: Welcome to the Memphis FanForce!! I'll divert all RPG questions to Joy and Tim C..

Hope to see you at some of our meetings and events. Check out some of our other threads to see what's going on within the SMT.

-Tim

15. Sargonnas

Sargonnas Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2003
    Thanks for the welcome Tim. Im really johnesin to play some SW. Far as the other stuff, ill see if i can get into the RPG group and maby ill click with them.
    Lance

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Whoops. I missed something apparently. We're going to do this at the park, right?

Tim the confused.

17. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    "Whoops. I missed something apparently. We're going to do this at the park, right?

Tim the confused. "

Ah, Tim- we wouldn't have ya any other way!

Well, I'm hoping to have Nightmarez COMPLETELY behind me by that day- if not I'm sure I could use a day off! Count me in- but ya might want to send out a couple email reminders the week of!

Lin

18. Aravis_Antilles

Feb 20, 2003
    OK. Here's the skinny.

I have somewhere to be around 6:00. So from 3:00-6:00 is fine. However, if anyone is interested in my OTHER hobby, the renaissance reenacting, I'd be glad to have you along. We're doing a demo at the U of M.

THE SKINNY:

Who: All those interested in playing a SW RPG game
    What: A rather Free-Form RPG--minimal dice. Sorry guys, but I'd rather not roll a dice to see if I succeed at picking my nose.
    When: November 15, 2003. 3:00-6:00 or later.
    Where: Audobon Park, northwest corner on Southern and Getwell.
    Why: A-'Cuz we wanna!

How:

Tim C. :Bring your books and any dice you've got. Make copies of character sheets.
    Sargonnas: If you've got sourcebooks and the like, please bring them. Also, dice and character sheets.
    Tim the elder: Cokes. Only the leftovers--you've spent enough money.

Everyone else: Come with:
    A 2-liter, if you can, of something non-alcoholic
    An idea of your character
    A blanket or chair
    A bottle of water

Woo hoo!

Here's the parameters:

Timeperiod: The golden age of the Old Republic. The Jedi are rampant. It is before Episode One. Discard all of the EU. We will be playing this raw.

Types of characters: (REMEMBER- these are just suggestions. Anything you come up with will probably be fine.)
    Jedi
    Sith
    Spacer
    Padawan
    Runaway
    Merchant
    Ambassador
    Rogue
    Stormtrooper

NO YOU MAY NOT BE VADER. YOU MUST BE INVENTIVE! (Nooo! Mr. BoB! Noooo!)

We will be doing a popcorn style of DMing. Here's the beginning for those of you who would like to try it.

The planet of Stilrath has come to the attention of both the Jedi Council and the Congress. One of its ships has shown up in the slag around Coruscant with no explanation and a disturbing last message. The last remaining Srath on board, a female named Klameni'ko, stated that there was a terrible injustice and that she was just leaving her planet. The message disintigrated after that. The Jedi felt a disturbance in the force, but not the sickening drop in the stomach of death.

Enjoy coming up with the reasons and means, guys!

DMs:
    Joy
    Tim C.
    Sargonnas
    Lin?
    Jay?

*Joy

19. cdillon

Sep 25, 2003
    What are DM's?

20. Sargonnas

Sargonnas Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2003
    So to clerify,

we are useing the old D6 rules right?

And..Cdillon DM is from Dungeons & Dragons. It means Dungeon Master or master of the game. It is now generacly used in most RPGs for Games Master.

21. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I'm not very familiar with the D6 rules, I only have one source book for it. I have a bunch of crap for d20 and some cool miniatures. Joy when you say free form how free form do you mean because I generally play tot he rules especially where combat is concerned.

22. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Btw Lance welcome :)

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Combat?

Should I bring a lightsaber?

Or a blaster?

Or a rabid Ewok?

24. Sargonnas

Sargonnas Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2003
    Ok, D20 it is I only have the original source book for that system but I have some dice to go'round. But be warned I know allmost nothing about the system :) I bought the book read through it and promtly filed it as crap.

Ok, see you on the 15th at 3p.

BTW thanks for the welcome smokem.

25. Aravis_Antilles

Feb 20, 2003
    OK.

BTW, forgive me for hasty posts. Welcome, Sargonnas. It's a pleasure to have you with us.

When I say free form, you might call my form of DMing more like storytelling with choices. When it comes to combat, I'll allow dice, but to see if something hits and how bad. Basics. I also like to roll stats on characters, but that's about it. Otherwise, I tend to revel in the storytelling of the play, letting the characters move how they will within the story.

BTW, is the beginning agreeable to all?

Joy*

BTW, Tim, by all means bring your lightsaber. Woo ha. But no burning the ewoks. We don't have a permit for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.