main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Smugglers Alliance Updates

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by arrowheadpodracer, Nov 26, 2002.

1. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Whats up shoppers?!?! We havent really talked toys for a while & they're still crankin stuff out so I was wondering how everyones collection is coming.
    Has everyone kept up with the toy releases?
    Did you get the silver R2? (and if you did, why the heck didn't you buy me one?! 8-} )
    Whats your latest find?
    What do you think of it?

EDIT: 9-8-03. Almost a year later, I FINALLY got my silver R2-D2 from a true brutha, and fellow collector.
    "You dont know him", but he's da man. :cool:

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, I have to admit, I've been very lax about my collecting lately. The lack of funds has been a major factor [face_blush]

I'm hoping to cure this after the 1st of the year (a raise is possibly on my horizon :D ). I'm also going to find a cheaper place (and one that doesn't have waterfall closets :mad: ).

The only thing I've bought so far was a 12" Zam and a couple of 3-3/4" inch Jedi.

3. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    too much to list, speaking of this subgect who is gonna ever update the SA website. looks at where jeff would be standing and hears gamecube sounds .

4. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    too much to list?!
    dude! thats why I asked!!
    c'mon chunk, talk toys with me!!

what do you think of the "stoned clone" ?(as I like to call him)
    y'know, the red eyed freak with the speeder bike. have you opened it & put the armor together?
    how bout the new fan figure ?(your new icon in plastic)
    did you ever get that endor trooper variation?
    how bout the gunship or the arena playset?

just for chunk, a little impression:
    "c'mon Mogua!!! Im dyin ov'a he'a !!!! tawk ta may!!!!! or I'll have ta trow ya in tha woodchippa!!!!"

5. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I'm still in search of the elusive ephant mon and clean shaven rebel trooper damn hasbro packing only one per case.I like the clone on the speeder bike they need to use the removeable arrmor on all the clones it would make them all a lot cooler. then there is the deluxe geonosin which was cool until I opened it and realised it cant stand on its own and that the mech that makes the wings flap is realy huge, and the pod wont stick to anything.

now the gunship that was the best 43 bucks I have ever spent because by buying it I got my silver R2. the gunship has lots of playability just wish I had some pilots to put in it, and a few more clones to hsng out of the doors and blast battle droids.

The arena playset rocks too its far better then the playsets they had for EP1.I was a bit disapointed that they only included two pillars the expect you to use the short one that came with padme. and the could have made them diffrent by having one that broke in to two sections so they looked more realistic.

the LotDodd figure is kinda cool but I havent opened one yet. I was under the impresion that from last years reports of this figure he was going to come with the mechano chair that the sidious holo would sit on. but its still cool to finaly get this figure.
    the stormtrooper 4 pack is realy cool for army building.
    I still want more jedi for my battle arena.
    I picked up an R2 cooler at a yard sale by my house it has a crack in the dome but it still looks cool as hell. the interactive R2 is awsome.

is that enough for one post "WAAAAAAALKERRRRRRRRRR"? you !@$%#%&%^*@#$!@#$% #@$^@#$% @#$^@ %#^@#$%# JEDI @#%^$#&#$^@#%!@#%^$&#$^#$%^$%!!!!!!!

6. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    new lego mini sets . these look realy cool and I cant wait to see them they are really small only a dozen or so pieces per ship.

7. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    cool. :)

good point about Lott Dodd. I remember that crazy chair, that woulda been cool. Maybe it'll come with the new Nute Gunray fig if they put one out.
    I havent opened any of my stuff, but that deluxe Geo with hive, or, pod, or nest or whatever looked kinda freaky. Bummer it doesnt stand up.

glad to hear you got & like the gunship & playset. I got them both, but didnt get a chance to check em out yet. I actually managed to find 2 yellow clone troopers, so I either have pilots, or pod gunners. LOL. If I want all the spaces filled, I need to find 2 more.
    damn marketing people.
    I never got the 4 stormtroper set, but maybe I'll just order that & finally get the cantina aliens (muftak & Kabe) from the fan club store, just to get it over with.

the Ephant Mon & rebel trooper are ok. the trooper is just a variation, but EM actually looks pretty freaky. Its a big figure.

good find on the R2 cooler!!!!!!

& I like the interactive R2, but :
    "Hey R2" *beep* "Do you remember..."
    gets old real fast.

I saw a new saber at Walmart that looks like the handle is metal not plastic, & it makes sounds. Anybody else seen it? I dont buy the sabers, but it looked pretty cool.

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Someday I will own one of the actual amidala costumes from the movie. That is my goal :)

9. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    the POD/HIVE has a suction cup on the back and is very flimsy so it doesnt stay stuck for more then a few seconds if that long.

10. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    JGoC- whats your favorite Amidala costume that you would most want to have?
    (If you had your pick from E1 or E2. )

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmm.. well I really like the senate address costume from the cut scene in AoTC. Or Japanese looking one where she visits with Palpy in number one.

*Looks whistful*

12. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    I always liked the purple one she was wearing a lot on her ship in E1.

They havent put out a figure for that one. Too bad.

13. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    yea they could have went alot farther with the padme figures.

14. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    what about the parade one from E1 also? that one is awesome! I can totally picture that figure in my head. It would look so cool!

15. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    chunk - did you get the recent Padme pilot figure? what do you think?

I think the face is a great resemblance.

16. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I think its realy cool I need to pick one up to customize in to Mrs JAWA.

I dont care much for the jango pilot.

17. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    the whatchamacalit for his head could have been an accessory with the Kamino Escape fig. that would have been just fine.
    damn marketing people.

18. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    they could have used that time and plastic to amke a cooler figure than a jango with quick draw the quick draw feature could have been used in the kamino escape as a better option. after all he never drew his guns while he was piloting the slave 1

19. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
  20. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    no, but he did

Fiya!!!!!

the ships guns. 8-}

very true though. I hate when they do that. The padme with quick draw kinda made sense. she has a cool close up of her during the movie shooting a gun & looking a lot like the fig, but Jango?
    No.
    Heck, I'm still wondering why WE had to put C-3POs coverings on!! He was already covered!

...yeah , yeah.... cut scene. whatever. just like Anakin with 2 sabers right?!!

damn cut scenes.

damn marketing people.

21. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Anakin with 2 sabers? Where?! lol

22. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey All!

Somewhere on the collecting boards, I saw a wish list with action figures like Padme with washing up action, Jango with plate of cheese, Jango with plate of cheese featuring helmet removal, scuba r2, Anakin with 2 sabers and dino buddy jack(featuring leg wiggle).

I dont know why I typed this here, 1:30 and I am bored.

NO MORE JANGO AND ANAKIN VARIANTS! THERE WEREN'T ALOT OF THEM! SO HASBRO MUST STOP THIS FOOLISHNESS!

Thats my post until 3 days from now.

23. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    well I picked up the clone pilots two for my ship and one for the wall. no sign of ephant mon though. I also picked a few geonosins for my arena walmart price matched the TRU sale's. I also picked up a temeto and a watto for my little project.I have been working on a custom rebel trooper that is bald and is gonna be camo'd out like a snipper I'm gonna make him a little guilie suit. it should be cool considering I'm getting another ewok village for christmas off ebay it comes with a ewok catipult and an AT-ST all for 36 bucks.now I just need a ton of ewoks ,scout troopers and, endor troopers.

24. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Sorry, I didn't realize you were looking for the Ephant Mon, I saw a couple at the Wal-Mart on Hampden just East of Yosemite (in SE Denver)

25. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    bumber thats an afuly long way to drive for me. soon they will show up on this side of town.