main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Smuggler's Delight: (MMM Challenge. L/M AU) UPDATED: 4 January 2014 Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jul 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    I'm looking forward to reading them

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi_Lover -- you've definitely been behind the inspiration for my latest L/M venture going in a new and unique direction. :p I surprised even myself [face_laugh]

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    You are going to have to PM me and give me a hint. ;)

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Luke was totally willing to give up being a Jedi for Mara's sake so I find this take very interesting (and sexy). I only wonder if the Force is going to intervene sooner or later. Great take, gal! I'm not sure I've read anything quite like this before.

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Ginchy! I'm glad Darth Real Life gave you a break!

Thanks everybody for reading. Now, I may bounce back and forth in this story but I will try post the date or how the post relates to the last post.

I wrote a little something. I am still writing, but I will post what I have since it is a natural break.

~JL~

Later that night

Luke and Mara said their goodbyes to the Solos and made their way down the hall to a small guest apartment Leia had maintained for her brother prior to his disappearance from Coruscant. Luke smiled at his fiancé. “See, I told you they would handle it well.”

Long lashed, bright green eyes gazed back at him with a hint of mirth. “I knew you couldn’t’ resist saying, ‘I told you so’”

He laughed as he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her close to him. “Can you blame me? I’m rarely right…according to you.” He moved his hands up her side and tickled her. She gave a playful shout while smacking his hands away from her.

“You know I’m ticklish.”

He laughed. “That’s why I tickle you. It wouldn’t be fun if you didn’t give me that particularly entertaining reaction.”

She pulled away from him. “Save it for when we’re in the apartment. I don’t need to wake the neighbors with my shrieks.”

Luke grinned lustfully. “I guess we will just have to wake them tonight with your screams.” He then hitched his voice up a notch and gave her his best Mara Jade impersonation. “Oh Farmboy. Do it again.”

Her eyes narrowed but she could not keep the smile from her lips. “What happened to my shy Farmboy anyway?”

Luke shrugged as they continued down the hall. “He became a sexy, roguish smuggler.”

They arrived to the door and Luke inputted the door entry code. As the door slid open he grabbed Mara by the waist and ushered her inside, closing the door behind them. He brought her into an amorous embrace as he began a tortuous trail along her jawline with his tongue and nibbling teeth before he placed his mouth against her ear. “I’ve been waiting for some alone time,” he whispered.

She laughed as she gently pushed him away. “Your sister just fed us a seven course meal. Aren’t we supposed to wait two hours before doing strenuous exercise?”

He gave her a disappointed look. “That’s for swimming.”

“Your marathon lovemaking sessions are far more strenuous than swimming.”

He grabbed her by her hips and pulled her tight against his body. “True, but the only danger is drowning in my love.”

She rolled her eyes and made a sound of disgust. “Where did you pick up such sap?”

“I read it in that holozine you left on our cabin’s desk.” Luke thought for a second trying to remember the name. “Women’s Galaxy’ that’s it. Inside it had an article titled ‘Fifty things you wish you man knew’. One of them was to say romantic poetic sap.”

Mara laughed as she moved out of his embrace and strolled to the kitchen area. “I really didn’t think you’d be the type to read a woman’s holozine.”

“I didn’t think you would be the type either,” Luke replied. “I was expecting holozines like ‘Smuggler’s Quarterly’” He smirked. “I thought you left that particular holozine out as a hint. I’m just trying to figure out what I should know that I don’t…but you want me to know.”

“Good luck with that.” She pulled out two glasses from a cabinet and a bottle of wine from the cooler unit. “Your sister had your apartment stocked, I see. That’s nice of her.” She opened the bottle and poured out two glasses. She walked over to the couch and sat down holding one glass out to Luke. He smiled and joined her. “So what of the fifty things did you think applied to you?” she asked.

He took a sip of the wine, savoring the sweet flavor. “If you stay the night…I owe you breakfast.”

“That’s a given.”

Luke put down his glass on the end table then rubbed his hand over his stubble-covered jaw. “Women love facial hair but prefer men well groomed in other areas.” He gave her a wink as he gazed deeply into her eyes. “Women love it when you look them in the eye and tell her she’s beautiful.” He leaned in and kissed her as he reached up and caressed her face. She moaned below his lips and a jolt of sexual energy surged through him, rocking him to the bone. “What was it Mara? What did you want me to know?”

He felt her giggle as she broke the kiss. She turned away trying to keep a straight face. “I hate to tell you, but I bought it because it had a new diet I was interested in.”

Luke sat back disappointed. “Oh, I did all that grooming for nothing.”

She grabbed his belt and pulled him closer to her and grinned. “I’ll be the judge of that.” She put down her wine glass and stood, pulling him to an upright position by his belt, and leading him to the bedroom.

“Why did you buy the holozine for a diet?” he asked. “You’re not fat. You’re perfect.”

She grinned. “You memorized all fifty of those suggestions, didn’t you? One of them was ‘Always tell your lady she’s the perfect weight’.”

Luke gave her a lusty grin. “It’s true. You’re the perfect everything.”

He could see the passion in her eyes, as she looked him up and down. “Oh you’re good.” She pulled him into the bedroom, and then swatted his behind. “Let’s see if you read the article on ‘How to drive your woman wild in Bed.’

He grinned. “Yes, Ma’am.”
    An hour later they lay in each other’s arms as their bodies cooled. “You did a lot of reading, I see.” Mara joked as she leaned in and kissed his lips.

He shrugged his shoulders. “It was a long flight and you were on watch. I was bored.”

She chuckled as she leaned back and gazed at the ceiling. “You’re sister didn’t ask many questions about what we have been doing for Karrde.”

Luke blew out a breath. “I don’t think she really wants to know. Karrde has been feeding Han a censored version of what we’ve done lately.”

She turned to him. “So neither of them know about what we did last year?”

He shook his head. “It’s safer for the Wild Karrde crew and for the New Republic if our involvement is kept secret…at least for now.”

She nodded in agreement. “That’s probably true.”

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehe. Great update. I wonder what they did last year. Did it involve destroying certain superweapons? Or plugging up a hole at the edge of the galaxy so no stupid invaders could come in?

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet blend of a big! squee! and a lot of chuckles. =D= =D= Smuggler Luke is dashed sexy and more spontaneous than Jedi Luke. :p Yum! Definitely more fun for the both of them. :)

Gemma, Jedi_Lover and Demendora like this.
  8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh! This is absolutely delicious :D [face_love]

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    These two are sooo naughty! I love it!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Demendora, Hazel, Nyota's Heart, and Briannakin for reading and taking the time to review. To be honest I have no clue as to where I am going with this. It is another of my, "I'm making this up as I go along" stories.

~JL~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~One Year Earlier~

9.3 ABY (Three months after Luke became a smuggler)

Talon Karrde called his crew together to discuss a new business deal. He was offered a very lucrative smuggling run, but he wasn’t sure if all of his crew would accept the new assignment.

Chin, Aves, Mara and his new crewmember, Luke Skywalker, sat down in the Wild Karrde’s galley. They were all drinking caf-- a staple on the ship along with chewstim and a herbal flavored stim tea that Mara sometimes preferred. Once everybody was settled down Karrde started the meeting.

“There has been an immense upsurge in the use of smugglers in the last few months. Megatons of supplies have been going to two locations. A small planetoid near Kessel that was once used as an Imperial based and… the planet Byss.” Karrde noticed Luke and Mara sat up straighter when they heard the name of the Imperial world. Karrde gave a silent sigh. Luke said he was a smuggler from now on, but Talon doubted he could turn his back on the New Republic…and he couldn’t blame him. Karrde knew the upsurge in activity on Byss may be a boom to smuggler’s coffers now, but it could lead to further war and destruction between the New Republic and the remains of the Empire somewhere down the line.

Besides, Byss was trouble, and he knew it. The inner core planet was once Palpatine’s hidden resort world. Under the Emperor’s rule the planet became the most deeply guarded world in the galaxy and Karrde doubted anything changed since his death. The hyperspace routes were heavily defended. The world itself had a planetary shield and it was rumored that a ring of Star Destroyers always orbiting the plant. Nobody got in unless they had permission…and Talon Karrde just got an invitation to visit.

“This is the situation. Something big is going on with the Imperials. The Empire is buying up cargo space in every interstellar-worthy cargo ship in the galaxy. I heard from my smuggler contacts they are carrying heavy equipment… possibly military equipment to Byss.” He looked around to his crew. “And they are paying top dollar. Over one-hundred thousand credits for one cargo run.”

Aves and Chin gave out an appreciative whistle.

“Damn,” Chin muttered. “Are they building another Death Star?”

“I don’t know.” Karrde took a deep breath before continuing. “I was asked to shuttle cargo from Etti IV in the Corporate Sector to Byss.” Talon looked over to Luke and Mara. Both smugglers looked torn by the news…Luke more so.

“I accepted the assignment.” Karrde said and got an immediate response from Skywalker.

“We’re going to supply the Imperials parts that are probably going into weapon systems?” Luke shook his head and looked at Mara, giving her an almost pleading look. “Mara…” Luke strangled off his words, unable to continue.

Mara gave Karrde a hard look. “We’ve avoided weapons smuggling. Why the change?”

“I don’t know what the cargo is.” Karrde sat down in an empty chair. “Mara, Luke…taking this assignment has some benefits. First of all, it’s good money. Second, we can take a look at what is going to Byss and possibly figure out what’s being constructed. And third,” he looked at Luke and Mara. “It will get a Former Rebel leader on the planet. That’s something I don’t think the New Republic has managed.”

Karrde noticed the hardness in Luke’s eyes faded and was substituted with curiosity. “Won’t the cargo be magnetically sealed and locked?”

The senior smuggler nodded. “I don’t think it is anything that Ghent can’t slice. I just need to get Ghent back from your New Republic.” He rested his elbow on the table and propped his chin up with his hand. “Luke, if we do this you can’t tell your sister or anybody else, for that matter. If the Imperials discovered we spied on them we’ll all have death marks on our heads. It’s not that I don’t trust the New Republic…but we can get information to them without implicating ourselves. If we do this, we do it as a crew and without New Republic involvement. After we are safe and back from Byss I’ll have Ghent send any intelligence we discovered to the New Republic very anonymously. He’ll route the information through every subspace transceiver network in the galaxy. It will be untraceable.” He looked at the faces of each crewmember. “What do you think?”

They all turned to look at each other, not wanting to be the first to agree or disagree. Finally Luke spoke out. “I say we do it.”

Luke and Mara retired to the cabin they shared on the Wild Karrde. Mara turned to Luke and didn’t hesitate to voice her concerns. “I can tell you’re apprehensive. Are you up for this? I’ll understand if you aren’t. It reeks of collaboration with the enemy…because once we find out what’s in those crates we’ll have to deliver them no matter what. Otherwise our lives and our ability to get work are forfeit.”

Luke went over to the cabin’s bunk they modified to hold two people and sat down on the edge. “I know…but if Karrde turns down the mission someone else will take it. We might as well get a look at what we are dealing with.” He flopped back on the bunk and stared at the ceiling in thought. “Is this possibly a trap? You are associated with the Wild Karrde and with me. It seems odd that the Empire would work with Karrde.”

Mara came over to the bed and settled down next to him. “Karrde uses aliases and fake transponders when dealing with the Empire. Our ship is known as the Sloshed Spacer when we are transporting cargo to Imperials and we use disguises to overcome face recognition software.”

Luke gave her a troubled look. “I honestly didn’t realize Karrde dealt with the Imperials. After Myrkr I would think he’d avoid them.”

She rolled to her side to face him. “We work in Imperial space, but not necessarily for the government. Worlds still under the control of the Empire have Moffs that want Chandrilla wine, Dilnlexan cigars, Plicto steaks, Crosh-hide jackets or Corellian brandy. They pay well and it doesn’t affect the outcome of any conflict.”

He nodded in understanding. Mara reached over and caressed his face. “Do you really think I would put you in a situation where we worked against your sister and the New Republic? Karrde almost never has crew meetings to discuss cargo runs. He did that for you.” She leaned in and kissed his cheek softly. “You snuck onto a Star Destroyer to save Talon’s life. He talks big about this shipment being good money, but he is doing it to gather information. He has turned down blaster-running jobs that paid more.”

Luke smiled as he reached up and brushed a wayward strand of hair away from her eyes. “Do you think he sees me as a liability?”

“Pfff,” she made a sound of disbelief. “You are our greatest asset. You let us know when we are about to be double crossed, you can tell when clients are trying to scam us, and you have piloted us out of more than one bad situation since you came on board.” She squeezed closer to him until their bodies were pressed against each other. “And you have made Karrde’s second-in-command a very happy woman.”

Luke laughed. “Chin did say he was glad I kriff’d the moodiness right out of you.”

Her jaw dropped in disbelief. “He said what?!” She moved to get up but Luke grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into bed.

“You’re upset now.” Luke grinned. “I guess I'll have to employ my mood-calming charm on you.” He shifted his body so he straddled her before leaning down and kissing her gently on the lips. “Don’t be mad at Chin for commenting on the obvious. You said so yourself, I make you a happy woman.” He moved his lips to her neck and kissed down to her shoulder. “Let me make you extremely happy tonight…ecstatically happy.” He reached a hand under her tunic and caressed the side of her body. “Please.”

She brought her arms up and clasped them around his neck. “Did I ever tell I love it when you beg?”

He chuckled. “A few times.” He kissed her lips and smiled. “Do I need to beg some more, my love?”

She shook her head. “No, I’d rather see you get me to beg.”

He gave her a shameless grin. “That’s a challenge I will gladly accept.”

11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I see where this is going, and not just to a lot of Bootknocking :p great update.

12. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    No one does romantic comedy like you!!! ^:)^

13. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Very nice...so you're going into Dark Empire territory looks like

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh boy! They are going to Byss... [face_worried]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Talon is excellently characterized in his thoughtfulness and his holding to principles of what he will do and why. =D= The L/M was delightful, as usual. [face_love] !! Luke still feels like himself, the darling. :)

16. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    I wonder what they did on Byss in this universe. And what this cocky Luke have done to Emperor Reborn))

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Byss is big trouble

18. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Love this! Smuggler!Luke is a great idea, and I love the part about the first half of Luke's life was him doing everything he was told, and him rebelling against that. It makes a lot of sense.

And Leia being suspicious of Mara was definetely in the Corellian trilogy.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    JadeLotus -- do love your siggy. @};- The bunnies they do spawn [face_dancing] [:D] I do agree with an earlier comment that Leia being suspicious of Mara was an about-face from TTT. :confused:

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Briannakin, Nyota's Heart, JadeLotus, earlybird-obi-wan, Demendora, Hazel, EmeraldJediFire, and Jade_Pilot for reading. You know, now that it is no longer a one-shot I wonder if I should give the story a new title. Any suggestions? I was hoping to put mush into every post but this post I would have to jam it in and I thought it would feel unnatural at this point (somewhere my husband is saying, "That's what she said." :rolleyes:).

Anyway, I thought I would write a little about what is going to happen. I'll get mush into the next chapter, I promise.

~JL~

Zakarisz Ghent, lead cryptologist for the New Republic and former associate to Talon Karrde rendezvoused with the smuggler ship Wild Karrde at the orbital dock above the planet Telos. The Wild Karrde’s crew picked up their cargo from Etti IV two days earlier and was travelling along the Hydian Way hyperspace lane on the way to Byss.

When the blue haired young man entered the cargo hold he let out a long whistle. “Those are some big cargo crates.”

Talon Karrde nodded. “It took some large load lifters to drag them aboard. They are sealed and locked. Do you think you can slice into them so the Imperials don’t know we tampered with their payload?”

Ghent ran a hand over the metallic containers until he came to the secure-code keyboard of the locking mechanism. “It looks like a variation of a magna lock. It has a scomp link therefore it uses a code cylinder to unlock it. I shouldn’t have any problems, but I want to run some sensor tests to check for explosives. They might have the crates rigged to explode if tampered with.” Ghent put down a satchel he was carrying and started pulling out some equipment.

Karrde’s face twitched when he heard the word explosive. “Have you heard of the Imperials booby-trapping cargo?”

“Sometimes, but usually the threat of having an Imperial bounty on your head is enough to prevent pilfering.” He ran a sensor around the seal of the container. “It is sealed tight, but I can usually detect trace explosives on the exterior of the shipment container unless they went to the effort to sonically scrub it.”

Karrde groaned. He really didn’t want to blow up his ship and crew in order to spy on the Imperials.

Ghent looked up to his old boss and smiled, his blue eyes shining with amusement. “Don’t worry. I’ve done this before. The New Republic does capture Imperial shipments occasionally…and I haven’t blown myself up yet.” He finished his scan and gave Karrde a thumbs-up. “It looks clean. I’ll notify you when I’m in.”

Talon gave Ghent a pat on the shoulder. “Thanks, let me know if you need any help.” He walked out of the cargo bay and went to crew area to order their ready for departure. He found Mara and Luke sitting in the navigation area on the ship’s bridge analyzing the approach vectors that would lead them through the Imperial’s heavily guarded hyperspace lanes to Byss. They looked up to Karrde when he entered the ship’s flightdeck.

“Can Ghent get in?” Mara asked.

Talon nodded. “He said he shouldn’t have a problem and he is fairly sure there are no explosives rigged. That is if the Imperials didn’t scrub down the containers.” Karrde shoved his hands deep in his pockets wondering for probably the hundredth time if this was a good idea. He looked up at his two Force-Sensitive crewmembers. “How are you two a foresight? Can your danger senses prevent Ghent from making a wrong move and blowing up my ship?”

Luke nodded. “We both can usually tell when something is going to happen a few seconds prior. We can give it a shot.”

Karrde nodded. “Join him in the cargo bay and let me know when he unlocks the first crate.”

Luke and Mara stood from their seats and moved off the bridge, leaving Karrde to ponder the sanity of the course of action they were about to undertake.

When Luke and Mara met up with Ghent they found him in deep concentration as he wired up a splicing code cylinder from the container to a datapad. He looked up when he heard Luke and Mara enter and gave them a wave.

“Do you think you can break the code?” Luke asked.

Ghent grinned enthusiastically. “I am fairly sure I already have a way to get in. I just want to verify the make and model.” He pointed to the containers. “These all look like MX-4892 security containers manufactured by DSF Industries, but I need to be one-hundred percent sure before I start working on it.” He turned back to his datapad for a moment and then gave a triumphant laugh. “Ha! Got it right.”

He unhooked the datapad and pulled out the coding cylinder and then turned his attention back to Mara and Luke. “I love working for the New Republic because they have much deeper pockets than smugglers. They buy, borrow or steal just about every make and model of security container, safe or computer manufactured galaxy-wide for their intelligence and cryptology division. My slicer crew and I then go in and reverse-engineer the machines’ code and created our own version of the firmware that could be installed on the locks or whatever we are trying to slice into. Most electronics allow upgrades of firmware if I can access the location of the electronics. This can be done through a wireless download or sometimes it is as simple as accessing the lock’s scomp link ports.” He packed away the datapad and searched through his satchel pulling out various data cylinders and reading the information marked on the side.

“Once I transmit my firmware upgrade,” he continued. “The system is mine. I open it up and do what I want. When I am done I can signal for the security system to revert to the original configuration. That is a system safeguard in case an official technician fouls something up and wants to step back and start over.” He smiled widely with a hint of pride in his eyes. “It’s a huge security oversight, but I’ve fixed the problem with the New Republic safes, locks, and computers by requiring a digital signature before upgrades are done. This prevents rogue overwrites. So far the imperials haven’t figured this out.” He gave a soft laugh as he continued to search for the correct data cylinder.

Luke looked at his friend a little slack jawed. “Ghent I’m so glad you are on our side.”

The young man raised an eyebrow. “You mean the New Republic or the smugglers?”

Mara smiled. “Both.”

Luke’s smile faded a bit. “You didn’t tell the New Republic where you were going? Did you?”

Ghent shook his head. “No, Karrde told me I was to make up some excuse and leave quietly. So I told my boss that I was going to see my girlfriend.”

Luke and Mara gave each other a look. “You have a girlfriend?” Mara asked.

He shook his head. “No, but they know I don’t have family.” He looked up to Mara, his expression slightly troubled. “You don’t think they’d believe I have a girlfriend?”

Mara hesitated for a moment. “No, I’m sure they’ll believe it.” She turned to Luke. “We’ll just have to make sure to stop by some smuggler’s dive and find you a lady friend, get some holos with an imager…so you could verify your story if they ask.”

Ghent smiled. “That sounds like fun.” He finally found the correct cylinder and slowly slipped it into the scomp link and pressed a button. He gave Luke a furtive glance while he waited for the information transfer to complete its cycle. “You’re sister has been asking around for you, Luke. She wanted Intelligence to put out feelers to see what you are up to. I don’t think she’s happy with you leaving.”

Luke rolled his eyes as he sat down on the deck leaning against one of the cargo containers. “That’s not a surprise. So…have you been spying on me?”

Ghent gave an apologetic shrug. “I’ve just been doing searches of spaceport docking manifests. So she knows where the Wild Karrde has gone, but she doesn’t know the different names and transponders this ship also runs under.”

“And she won’t know,” Mara emphasized.

Ghent snickered. “I won’t tell her, but she’s married to the famous Han Solo. I’m sure he could figure it out…if he wanted to.” He turned to Luke. “Why are you avoiding her?”

Luke looked up to where Mara was standing. She walked over and sat next to him and put a hand on his knee, giving it a reassuring squeeze. “She’s not very happy about me coming with Mara to be a smuggler.”

“Why's that?”

Mara scoffed. “You know why. She wants Luke to be the respectable Jedi and not somebody living on the edge of society, living outside the law.”

Ghent laughed. “Meanwhile the New Republic buys me just about every electronic device known to the galaxy so I can tell their intelligence agents how to break into them. I think I am living outside the law more now than when I was a smuggler. The only difference is they write the laws and they allow me to cross the line for ‘security purposes’. That makes me a law-abiding thief.” There was a clunk of machinery and the hissing of the magna lock disconnecting. “Got it.”

Luke and Mara stood as the container door slide open. Inside were a number of large metallic cases. Each had power-coupling hook ups, various scomp link ports, and thick wires protruding from the sides. “Are they computer parts?” Luke asked.

Ghent stared at the contents for a moment before he grimaced. “Not exactly. They are central droid brains.”

Mara shook her head. “That thing is as big as Artoo. What type of droid would that go into?”

Luke gave her a grim look. “A very big droid.”

“Or a weapon’s system that is made to work without much input from a crew.” Ghent looked up to his friends. “It would be a huge weapons system to need a brain this big…possibly something as big as a star destroyer.”

Luke’s eyes went wide as he looked around at the cargo crates. “We have over a twenty containers and each has…”Luke counted the number of droid brains per container. “Ten central droid brains. So we may be turning over the key component to 200 new Star Destroyers.” He rubbed his temples trying to massage away the tension. He turned to Mara. “Can’t we do anything to stop this shipment from arriving?”

Mara shoulder’s slumped. “We can say we were boarded, but I doubt they’ll accept that excuse.” Her head dropped pensively. “I don’t know how we can’t deliver it without becoming the most wanted people in the galaxy.”

Luke ran his hands through his hair in frustration. “Maybe we can get the New Republic to intercept our shipment?”

Mara shook her head. “That wouldn’t get us off the hook with the Imps.”

“Stang!” Luke swore frustrated at the turn of events.

“I have an idea,” Ghent interrupted.

Luke and Mara turned to him. “And that is?”

“I take this one, reverse engineer it. I try to figure out how it runs and then put in a virus in all the droid brains."

“A virus?” Luke asked.

“I don’t know if it'll work, but at least I should be able to figure out what the current programming is going to be used for. That will tell us if it is for a Star Destroyer or a completely new super weapon. Then I possibly could put in programing that prevents the system from working after a certain amount of time.”

“Why not simply make them not work at all?” Luke asked.

Ghent sighed as he shoved his blue hair out of his eyes. “Because if they don’t work, at best the Imperials will reorder new ones, at worse they might find my virus. It’s best that they work for a short period of time. Once the central droid brains are in place and the rest of the construction is complete, the ship or weapon will be field-tested before delivered to its final destination. Hopefully all the brains will be installed and the weapons or ships deployed before my virus sabotages the control systems. This way the entire fleet of weapons will become nonoperational at one time.”

Luke nodded. “We’ll have to consult with Karrde to see what he wants to do, but in the meantime see if you can figure out what this thing goes to.” Luke turned to Mara. “Let’s talk to the boss.”

21. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Nice, Im guessing those go to...either the Hunter Killer droids...or the World Devastators...

As for the title, I do think changing it would be good, but I have no suggestions. It depends on where you want this to go...once you figure on a focus. you have your title

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice update with all the techie details :cool: Ghent is very resourceful and talented. I think his plan of the virus has a very good chance of working I think a title that reflects Luke's forging a path and future with Mara, not going with what others might have wished or hoped, but his dreams and happiness. :D :D

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks. I'm now probably on the NSA's watch list for Googling "How to hack into digital security locks." I did find out that the little trick John Connor did with the ATM machine in the movie Terminator 2 is very possible. I now also know how to open any dial combination padlock with a coke can.

You will see both in the upcoming chapter(s).

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment.

How about the title: Smuggler's Delight. That is a name of a SW pastry that smugglers like to eat. It supposedly counteracts the affects of Giggledust, a drug that makes everything seem funny and makes you very alert. I guess like mixing booze and Red Bull. I think that would work with the first and later chapters.

Gemma likes this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see Ghent in this with the technical things

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ghent is awesome!

How about the title: Smuggler's Delight.

I like that.