main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Smuggler's Life (AU/Obi-Wan/One Shot)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi-Wan21, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Title: Smuggler's Life

Author(s): Obi-Wan21

Timeframe: AU

Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker

Genre: First person POV, One Shot, Angst

Keywords: Jedi, Smuggler

Summary: Obi-Wan's life takes an unexpected turn

Notes: I posted this one year ago. The topic was locked now, so I thought I'd re-post it. If it catches any interest, I may decide to post the events that take place after this.

-----------------------------------------------------

Next post is the Fiction

2. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    I'm Obi-Wan, Ben, Kenobi. This is my life. A smuggler's life.

I stood starting to get dressed, it was early in the day, and I was getting ready for another job. I put on a black form fitting tunic top. Next I pulled up a pair of dark red pants.

Finally I clipped my black boots together around my feet and fixed my long brown hair. Looking over myself I decided I was ready. I yawned as I exited the room, I didn't live an exciting live, an adventurous life, well not much.

I was seventeen-standard years old. And fairly strong in the Force, if I may add. But that didn't matter to Qui-Gon, or his council. No, I was abandoned to the Argi-Corps after thirteen long years training in their Jedi Order on Coruscant. And for what? Just to be denied what should be mine! It wasn't fair. I deserved to be a Jedi, but Qui-Gon wouldn't take me. I guess I shouldn't complain. I've never been good at anything, so it figures I'd be a failure at a Jedi.

Though I still trained. In secret nonetheless. I couldn't let my partner, my friend, know about my Jedi History. Not now, anyway. It was none of his business. He was open, the idiot. Told me his entire life story, like I cared. I felt like I was going to kill myself, I really wanted to. He just whined. I've learnt to stand it.

I met him when I was fourteen, after I escaped from the Corps I basically just ran for what seemed like forever. I did what I wanted, and that was it. But then I decided to take up Smuggling. That's when I met him, Anakin Skywalker. He was three years older than me, being seventeen himself at the time.

After agreeing to partner up with him we ran a few missions, even outran a few Hutt Ships and the like. Though we did make one decision, to never near the Core Worlds, ever again.

We had both been through things. I, though, didn't tell my story, he did. Anakin was born on Tatooine, into slavery. His mother had married into the Lars family and set them both free. After Anakin had saved enough money from Podracing he left the rock. That's when he met her; Padme Amidala.

He explained to me that he had fallen in love with her, but she didn't love him back. No, she was in love with another, Ferus Olin, a young man. Anakin grew furious by this, after countless arguments, Padme ordered him away. She never wanted to lay eyes on him again. You see, Padme only thought of them as good friends, Anakin just has emotional issues he can't handle. So that's when I ran into him.

You can call our meeting a coincidence, I don't believe that. Yeah, I'm not one for destiny, or fate, for that matter. But something inside just told me it was set up. The meeting, all of it. No doubt that was the Force. I didn't take years of training to just forget it all.

Though if it was a warning sign, or something different, I don't know. Anakin seemed normal, not as insane as me. Though he did have his robotic right hand, went all the way up to his elbow. Never would tell me how he got that. It was also easy to notice the arm was applied by himself. If an actual medic had done it, his bare metal and wires wouldn't be showing. They would've put fake skin over it.

Anakin had hair that was messy and short. He also had blue eyes, much like mine, except mine were more blue-gray, sometimes even green. We were built alot alike too. Both very thin, I was more frail, no muscle. Anakin was built more muscular than I. Anakin just had this creepy air about him. Always wearing black and other personality...problems.

I'm not saying I'm better, far from it. I just have noticed over the years he has little control of his emotions, something I learned how to deal with in the Order, slightly. Anakin had taught me some breathing techniques, so that I could calm myself better. I was surprised he knew so much about things like that, and he wasn't even a Jedi!

Today was different though. Today, Anakin had broken his decision, for money! Something I didn't agree with at all. He was going to a Core World! Alderaan of all places! Someone had offered a couple million credits for some

3. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    This story belongs on the Saga thread. Here is the link: The Saga

I think you will find all the readers you need there. :D

4. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Is there a mod that can transfer it? Don't wanna be putting this everywhere. I'll pm someone. Thanks.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Feel free to do it ... just lock this thread and repost it on the saga board. :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.