main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Snakes on a Plane..

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by dlocke, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Generally, if memory serves, the tickets go on sale about an hour before the show starts. They don't do the online thing, so you have to buy them there. We're popping by early just to see how many folks are there. If tons are waiting in line, we're going to camp. If not, we're scoring food somewhere else and coming right back. I suspect there probably won't be a mob of people until closer to the showtime, if in fact, there's going to be a mob at all. Don't know how many other Oaksey folks are going to go see it. Hard to say.

Get these snakes off my plane,
    Yours Truly

2. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    When I called, I was told tickets will be available at 9:30 PM. We will be there early to buy our tickets. If by chance it starts looking crowded, we'll buy extra. If you definitely want me to buy for you before you get there, PM me or call if you know our numbers.

If you get there and there's a crowd, find me and Jason as we will have bought extra tickets. Jason will have on a Samuel L. Jackson mask and I will be a Cobra. Look for these two loonies:

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/TRADMIC/snakes1.jpg]

I have snakey paper airplanes, stickers, and whatnots for all!!

:D

3. Earthbound_Misfit

Earthbound_Misfit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2004
    Possible SPOILERS

(As with everything CreatureCantina related... valid proof-of-age is highly recommended.)

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Bill Cable is one funny dude, I always enjoy his site.

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    A very funny video in the link up above!

We ended up at the Oaks and a very good time was had, in large part because of TRADMIC's snakes and planes.

Superchill and Tradmic came in costume (a Samuel Jackson mask and a snake mask). Since we all got there very early we made paper airplanes (provided by Tradmic), complete with snakes (both printed on the paper and toy ones as passangers) and spent some very fun time throwing the planes around the theater.

Tradmic also brought along two snake puppets that hissed and flicked their tounges. I very much enjoyed playing with the snake puppets.

The film itself was entertaining and was exactly as promised. Samuel VS. Snakes, on a plane.

6. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    You all were sitting in the middle of the row and probably didn't see the guy in front of me who kept leaving the theater.

It was our beloved friend, Bobby, from Bulgaria. Poor Bobby is deathly afraid of snakes. We convinced him that the only way to face and conquer his fear would be to go and see SNAKES ON A PLANE! [face_skull]

Glad you enjoyed the props. I had fun just watching the hilarity of adults attempting to fold paper airplanes, dlocke and his extreme paper airplane throwing, and "other" shenanigans with snakes.

Samuel L. Jackson owned those snakes.

7. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

TRADMIC... That friend of yours must be positively deathly afraid of snakes, if he couldn't even look at the screen at certain points, and even had to run the hell out of there no less than two times. Poor guy... heh heh...

That was the most fun I've had in a movie theater in a long time. Big props for all the paper airplanes, rubber snakes, stickers, etc... Good stuff. :D

Ain't no snakes on this plane,
    Yours Truly

8. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    Snakes on a plane was a blast. Oaks is always a good time. Bulgaria Bobby is still afraid of snakes.

[image=http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0417148/th-01496.jpg]

9. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    [image=http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1159269/photo_29.jpg]
    I told you it would be the best movie EVAR!! Now the rest of you better go see it. Do as I say and you'll live.

10. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    That was a great time last night guys and gals.. The movie rocked and the hijinx was fun.. We should do this again sometime..

11. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Hell, we did it again tonight! :D
    My lungs hurt from the laughter.

If you're coming to the picnic, a couple folks are going to the Oaks afterwards to see the midnight matinee.

12. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    It wasn't as good the second time I watched it and the only reason is we went to the lame Mills theatre. Oaks was much more fun. We still threw paper planes but the people at Mills got mad.[face_beatup]

13. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    My husband and I were in Erie this last week-end and never saw the sun! It rained! So we resorted to seeing Snakes. I don't care much for crude sexual scenes but surprisingly I liked the movie. The snakes were actually funny! I though I would be scared. Samuel was great as always. I was especially glad that the movie had a decent plot. I wondered what a movie about snakes on a plane could possibly be!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.