main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Sneak Preview Figures

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by dreamweaver_YJN, Mar 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    I GOT THEM!!!!!!!
    Well 3 out of 4 ain't bad, anyways!!!!
    Toys R Us in St. Catharines "leaked" one box of the Sneak Preview Figures to it's shelves on Thursday night, but by the time I got wind of it...they were almost all gone. There was no Jango Fett left *hangs head*, and I got the very last Zam Wesell and Clone Trooper. There were 2 R3-T7s left, so I mercifully left one on the shelf for someone else.

What really burns me is knowing there are Jango Fetts running wild in St. Catharines now....and none of them belong to us!!! :mad:

The next shipment is supposed to arrive around Tuesday.....I'll be waiting!!! [face_mischief]

2. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    //watches tumbleweed tumble by.

3. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    They only stayed "untouched" for 2 days.....they couldn't hold off any longer.
    Graeme tenderly "unwrapped" and "held" them......Chris "admired" and "examined" them....and Nick "caressed" and "fondled" them. These guys just gotta get some of their own!!!!!!! [face_devil]

4. woody_1138

woody_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2000
    I'm from Welland. I keep checking the Wal-Mart at the Seaway Mall...but I always leave very empty handed. How much were they at Toys-R-Us?

5. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi woody_1138,

Welcome to our board!!!

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Hey welcome to the Niagara forum. Nice to see a new name in here.

7. woody_1138

Nov 17, 2000
    Hi there,

Thanks for the kind welcome. Where is everyone else from? Any other Welland-ers?

8. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    There is one member from Welland, Corey Videl.

The rest: 2 from Grimsby, 1 from Smithville, 3 from Niagara Falls, and the rest are in St. Catharines.

There are 29 of us in total...not all of us are online as often as others.

Any chance you would like to join the club?

9. woody_1138

Nov 17, 2000
    Sure. Sounds like fun.

I was at the PEN centre last Tuesday (went for 'Ice Age') and I saw that sign in front of the entrance by 'London Arms' for YoungJediNiagara. A lady walked by and said to her husband: "So that's what the new Star Wars movie is gonna be called, huh? That's kinda strange!" My girlfriend was surprised that I let them get away with such ignorance. :)

Also: I was wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of any stores in the area that have these preview figures. Thanks.

10. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Another person who saw the sign there... excellent spot it seems!

Yep, thats us who are planning the Episode II line up events for the Pen Centre. We held another planning committee meeting tonight, and we will post the highlights in this forum and on our website shortly.

11. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    The only place I know of that has the figures is Toys R Us. I got mine at the TRU in St.Catharines. 3 of them were from the first shipment...but I had to wait another week for Jango Fett. The price is $11.99.

...and Chris, 5 of those St.Catharines members....are really from THOROLD!!!! :mad:

12. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    And chris.......you might have just put 1 from Smithville cuz I'm the only one on the boards.....but there ARE 2 other members from Smithville! lol.

13. woody_1138

Nov 17, 2000
    I went to Toys-R-Us and picked up 3 of the preview figures (no Jango). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. If anyone finds a place that has some Jango's, let me know!!! Thanks.

P.S. The E.T. toys are pretty cool too. We picked up one of those as well. :)

14. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I have the Zam wessel Preview Figure,

I was amazed at all the detail that went into just that one figure, They really did a great job on the figures.

15. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello all, and welcome Woody 1138. Wal mart
    is selling their figures $2-3 bucks cheaper than Toys R Us. Mind you I have not been able
    to find any as they are always sold out. Rumor has it ( from a person that I know who
    works at Toys R Us ) that the same scenario
    might take place on April 23rd as Toys R Us
    is selling their EPII figures for $11.99 and
    Wal Mart selling theirs for $8.99. I for one will be hitting Wal Mart first on the morning of April 23rd. We will see if Toys R Us will match the price. With 15-20 new figures coming out that day, it will save you quite a bit of money !!!!

Sorry for the long winded message !!!

16. woody_1138

Nov 17, 2000
    Yeah, I wish I could've bought the preview figures at Wal-Mart. It's closer and cheaper. But they never have them.

Thanks for the welcome.

The hunt for Jango is on............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.