main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit snoke/first order

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Starwars1987, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Starwars1987

Starwars1987 Jedi Padawan

Jun 3, 2018
    what books can i read to learn more information about snoke or the first order

2. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Currently, their is little to no info on Snoke. If you want some tidbits about his rise to be the First Order Supreme Leader; read The Last Jedi novelization by the very talented Jason Fry. If you want tidbits on the First Order; read Phasma. Aside from that you may be waiting awhile.....

3. crazyewok

crazyewok Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 27, 2017
    If than Johnson going to just trash the character disney can a least give us a snoke book.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  4. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Bloodline also offers some hints about the First Order and its hidden nature in the years leading up to TFA.

5. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    At this point I think we should just have gotten Snoke: A Star Wars Story instead of Solo. The demand is obviously there. :p

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The Phasma book is essential. The Finn and POe stories in Before the Awakening and Bloodline would be worth a look too.

The Aftermath trilogy is practically the origin of the FO.

Be aware though that these are still pieces of an incomplete puzzle, with no clear indication of when, or if, it will be completed.

One thing this set of work convinced me of is that the ST films aren't tapping the full potential of their new adversary.

7. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I have read the majority of the canon material put out so far, and nothing has really taught me anything about Snoke that's not in the movies. It is bizarre that they killed the character without telling us anything about them. They should have put out books already that give us his detailed backstory and motivations, it would have made his death in Episode 8 so much more meaningful.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  8. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Think we'll ever learn his species? Or will it be an intentional eternal mystery like Yoda's?

9. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Star Wars could stand to have a few more "eternal mysteries".