main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Snoke is Palpatine's Clone

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by soxtalon, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxtalon

soxtalon Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    A long time ago...back in the Era of Amazingness that was the prequel trilogy, there was a long held debate over whether Palpatine was Sidious' clone. It was fruitful though sometimes rock-y debate that certainly stirred things up.

The gist was - that Sidious cloned himself so that he could orchestrate things from the background while a pliant clone was the figurehead and could prance around without fear of getting caught by the Jedi.

It was supposedly disproved when it was never shown on screen...but I think Lucas ran out of time to properly showcase what he wanted to do and thus it was left to an off screen device. And it all makes sense now! Lucas gave the script treatments to Disney and I think they are going to use "SOME" of the material.

Now to tie in the prequels with the sequels and also cherry picking from the Legends universe (particularly the well loved Dark Empire), I predict that in The Last Jedi that Snoke is the clone of Sidious. Here's why.

Per the original theory that saw how the clone theory COULD have worked, the ground is already laid.
    How? Well we will learn that once Order 66 took place, Sidious could work in the spotlight now and
    At that time didn't need his clone anymore. But why kill something that had been so useful?
    The new theory would be that he sent this clone to the far reaches of the Galaxy to lie in wait...just
    On the possibility that one day he might be betrayed
    Or that a rebellion would arise! So he has a pliant clone building a backup army of Sith
    In case of the worst case scenario. When Vader betrayed and killed him that blue light was
    NOT him dying - it was Sith magic starting the long journey to his clone body - it would take a while to
    End up there BUT it would make it. Damaged from Sith Magic and the journey he is now ready

to return!

SNOKE= SIDIOUS' CLONE from the PT. I think there's an essay somewhere I read that had more points but I'll have to find it to post it....

Lieutenant_Literal likes this.
  2. Lieutenant_Literal

Lieutenant_Literal Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2017
    Clones are an integral part of the SW universe! I had posted about a clone Tarkin. Unfortunately, it was locked for some reason. I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

This was the post. Hopefully this doesn't get locked as well....

I believe that Governor Tarkin could be a clone. Before you hit the reply button right now, hear me out. First, with the way technology is today, I believe they could have gotten the CGI RO Tarkin to be a perfect match to ANH Tarkin. I mean Leia was pretty much perfect. Even the voice was the same. The differences in skin tone from RO to ANH are him being exposed to different environments and sun conditions to different planets.
    To further my theory, when the Death Star was about to blow, the screen cuts to him and he has the IDGAF look on his face. As if to say, blow me up. I'm still out there and my vision will be seen.
    It's been 30+ years. Long enough for a child clone Tarkin to grow to maturity. He could show up in TLJ or EP IX in my opinion. What are your thoughts?

soxtalon likes this.
  3. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002
    Hmm! I never thought of that! I remember the theory that Tarkin was Snoke....and thought it something Some Dude thought up out of the blue...BUT now that you mention this...maybe that is the answer! I always thought that Attack of the Clones had many different meanings! Clone Wars was also a big hit so I think Clones might become a regular thing - and a great way to tie the whole saga together!.

Given the Palpatine theory - maybe he let his top agents in on his plan...maybe the real Tarkin was sent to watch over the cloned Palpatine and be his military leader!

OR! And now to quote Edge and Christian of WWE, I really think this rEeks Of Awesomeness - what if Sidious learned it all from Plagueis?!?!?!? I mean they flat out said that Snoke wasn't Plagueis...but that could seriously be a red herring...They said it wasn't Plagueis....what if he is Plagueis' clone?!?!? So they can have a climactic Episode IX where they can bring back all the old favorite villains! Rey fights Ben. Luke and the ghosts of Obi-Wan and Yoda have to fight of Plageuis and Palpatine, while the resistance fights off Tarkin's military! Mind Blown. I'll have to see what else I can pull out of this Vortex of ideas

Dra--- likes this.
  4. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Or maybe Palpatine killed Plagueis' clone, and Snoke is still Plagueis.

Dra--- and soxtalon like this.
  5. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002
    Maybe. Maybe that will be the topic of the next Anthology flick. After they finish IX they'll go back and show all of what happened in the Unknown regions!

I mean with the Clone idea there could literally be ANY character coming back from the dead. Palpatine could have had many samples taken to Kamino...Maybe Maul and Dooku or out there...Or maybe he'd try to clone and pervert good characters in some way...Evil versions of Qui-Gon or Yoda - they'd have to do some cool designs to show them as different from their good counterparts...like give Qui-Gon yellow eyes....or make Yoda Blue or something !

6. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
  7. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Cool story bro

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    This trilogy is taking its ideas from Westworld, it seems.
    Everyone is a clone.

... Hang on. No. Everyone is a robot in Westworld.
    Maybe Rey and Snoke are droids?

soxtalon and Dra--- like this.
  9. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    "Guys, guys, I've got a great idea for the baddie in the sequel trilogy!"

"Yeah, let's hear it?"

"A clone of Palpatine!"

"Great thinking! I'm in. I'll just give Ian McDiarmid a call"

"No, no here's the best bit. We don't get Ian McDiarmid to play this clone. We instead get the guy who played Gollum to voice a CG alien who doesn't look anything like Palpatine aside from being vaguely humanoid"

"..."

KSennia, TK327, Lord Tuvitor and 2 others like this.
  10. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    What is it with all this clone ******* lately? I guess people forgot AOTC is considered by many the worst SW movie. The last thing JJ and Rian would do is remind people of that.

11. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002

Well the damage done to the clone overtime might just change his appearance and voice. OR Perhaps this is Palpatine's TRUE Sith form! That would throw off suspicion and allow him to be on camera in VII and VIII before a grand reveal to Luke in IX. Remember he's seen the Empire Rise and Fall....and seems to blame Luke!

And especially if the clones were experimented on like I brought up earlier! They could have many different forms - It would even allow a Luke vs Luuke battle just like Zahn wrote.

Or maybe Lando! Maybe that's why he hasn't shown up yet. He's been killed and his clone is going to take his place to assassinate Leia....Call him Grando or something - don't want to overuse the extra vowel thing....

Or even a return of Hayden as a clone of Anakin! Could play with the idea that we don't know what side he's on. But we'd want him to look a bit different to differentiate...maybe extra long sideburns?

12. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002

Of course they would. It's all Star Wars. And the Clone Wars is the biggest war fought on screen thus far! I LOVED AOTC! I thought it showed Excellence of Anticipatory drama...but I don't break the rules so I will not argue PT vs OT vs ST ( I love them all)

13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "Begun, another Clone War has." - Maz Kanata

Dra--- and soxtalon like this.
  14. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

The thing that is popular about Palpatine is Ian McDiarmid's performance and characterisation and the character design.
    Having a villain be A: a clone, and B: an entirely new character design is the absolute worst of both worlds. "Evil clone" is a hackneyed way of bringing back a character/actor you really want to bring back. Absolutely no director/writer would think it a good idea to use the cliche of "evil clone" if they weren't also going to have the bit that to some degree justifies it - bringing back an iconic character design.

Plus, aside from anything else, everything in the new canon points to Palpatine being utterly gone, with hints towards the direction they're actually going in. There are loads of existing posts no the idea, you might want to join in on the Snoke thread cos this one is likely to be locked

Dra--- likes this.
  15. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002
    Right! It's all poetry and things repeat! It would make sense!

16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Still can't believe we have a thread for this.
    What about a thread for Snoke is Anakins twin brother?

17. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002

Well it would be a cool way to finish out the Skywalker saga - bring back everyone for one final hurrah so to speak! Maybe Plagueis is Serkis and he's doing the voice because he's possessed Palpatine for now! When the final battle comes he'll claim his own body and Ian can come back for IX when they separate!

Just ideas!

18. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002

It's all just ideas :confused:

No harm! That might be cool too you never know...maybe Snoke is Anakins' clone. Or brother? I mean with a virgin birth - Anakin might not be the only one out there!

Darth Smurf likes this.
  19. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I recommend you get over to the existing Snoke thread - these ideas aren't new, so your take on them will probably get a better response if you're adding to existing theories rather than inviting people to debunk your ideas again as if for the first time

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We have a Snoke thread where this theory can be posted. It doesn't require its own thread. Locking.

Darth_Voider likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.