main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Snoke = Plaguies (Soundtrack Evidence)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vidianefficiency, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    There are certainly similarities with the music, and I doubt the "wise" line was put in there as an accident, without knowledge that people would make the connection with Plagueis. I think the creators want people to be discussing and thinking Snoke could be Plagueis.

When all is said and done, I don't think Snoke will turn out to be Palpatine's clone or him resurrected or Plagueis, though I think Plagueis is more likely than Palpatine.

Vidianefficiency likes this.
  2. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    And not to dismiss the musical cue argument because it does have some merit, but character leitmotif's have been mix-and-matched since ANH, see for example the Binary Sunset scene with Luke that uses "Ben's Theme." Similar uses of character-specific leitmotifs without the character are in all the other films (if anyone hasn't listened to the Star Wars Oxygen podcast I give it the strongest of recommends).

3. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    And...

Rey = Luke because I've heard the Force Theme/Luke's theme play for her character.

Stop with this nonsense. The music has a dark vibe and that's about it.

4. Vidianefficiency

Vidianefficiency Jedi Master star 1

Feb 20, 2015
    I think it's a little more than just a dark vibe which makes them similar come on...

And rey actually has a theme of her own, and it sounds nothing like lukes.

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

5. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001

I didn't mean Rey's theme has Luke theme in it. But there were plenty of moments they played the Force theme (which is Luke's theme) with her character.

6. JayDubya

JayDubya Jedi Master

Dec 30, 2006
    Don't mean to further take this thread off on a tangent but I believe Rey's Theme shares the same chord progression as the Force Theme and I also also agree there are hints of Luke's Theme in there as well.

JediLight likes this.
  7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Redundant thread is redundant

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.