main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Snoke's Backstory - Theories and Speculation

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RacoonKing, Jan 3, 2016.

1. luketheforeigner

luketheforeigner Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Alot of speculation around this topic. I personally think he is sidious's brother or son

2. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    But Jakku is Inner Rim and a jumping point to the Unknown Regions. I'm guessing that is what Palpy is focused on and it could be Snoke.

3. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
  4. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Source of the Dark Side

WhyKnock

Interesting. Well, Snoke is supposed to be vulnerable. He's ancient. Wild Space is out there. He might be able to observe the events from Naboo to Jakku. He was defeated by Anakin and could fear Luke. Ben would be a prize.

EDIT: Bug isn't he kinda dead?

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    "holy shnikees!"

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  6. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    My thumbs are too big for my iPhone 6 Plus.

7. Zahariac

Zahariac Jedi Padawan

Aug 18, 2016

I think you just discovered the plot for ep8!! Beautifully written.

8. jujukane

jujukane Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 20, 2016
    Could Snoke be a Predori?

9. Zahariac

Zahariac Jedi Padawan

Aug 18, 2016
    Why would you think that?

10. Source of the Dark Side

Source of the Dark Side Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2016

The Son was feeding of the duel between Asoka and Anakin. He also foresaw things happening on Mortis. He might have even orchestrated the hole thing from the beginning to escape his prison. Who knows?? They left many questions unanswered about the mystery of Mortis. They know the answer but they like the fans to be openminded and wondered. Came from Dave Feloni. I don't know how much Disney keeps close to canon series but according to Feloni Mortis had a huge impact on the going of things...

11. jujukane

jujukane Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 20, 2016
    Because in Life debt they were mentioned as ancient race with advanced technological knowledge. They had ships which were able to take their energy from living things, in this case from prisoners. Very Starkiller base like imo. I believe such a ship to be under the sand of jakku as well, with Snoke maybe the last survivor of this long gone race, maybe freed because of Palpatines excavations.

12. WhyKnock

WhyKnock Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2016

In Rebels there are space whales who can travel through hyperspace, so there is that.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Snoke is actually Old Man Jenkins, and he would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddlin' kids!

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  14. WhyKnock

WhyKnock Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2016

What you wrote is pretty much exactly how I see this going down. I've been suspecting that with the similarities of The Son's speech patterns and Palpatine's in ROTS are intentional to the point that turning to the dark side could mean you are doing one specific being's will. It's almost as if Palpatine 'earned' his full blown Sith eyes once Anakin turned to the dark side fully.

They started subtly during the duel with Mace, as the conflict within Anakin grew Palpatine's eyes grew more yellow.

In the Mortis arc, they make a point of showing that The Son could simply turn a Jedi to the dark side by a touch (bite). Ahsoka simply turned to the dark side whereas Anakin had to choose it after being shown what he would become.

That if he turned sooner and joined with the Son he could sidestep Palpatine the middleman the Son had been working over as his plan B and avoid the Vader suit fate.

I do think Rey is now the chosen one. The Father saying "I am neither Sith nor Jedi, I am much more, and so are you." suggests to me that the being known as the chosen one means a lot more than even Anakin and the Jedi understood. Qui-Gon did, but the Jedi didn't care.

"We can take many forms. The shapes we embody are merely a reflection of the life force around us." This would make sense of why Rey looks like Padme and Shmi.

So I think that Snoke's mortal form began to rot and decay once his dark side batteries as in The Sith were killed by that sentimental Vader.

15. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    I thought I had too much free time.

16. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Wouldn't it be sick & twisted if Snoke was not born Force-sensitive and used blood transfusions from Force-sensitive beings to gain power? Perhaps when the Force went dormant, the bloodlines dried up (see what I did there). That's why he is vulnerable...he hasn't been juiced up in a while. Wouldn't he think Rey is just what the doctor ordered?

I've heard that early concepts of Snoke were that he was a snake-like being. Perhaps they were thinking he'd just bite his 'donors' and drain them vampire-style but were afraid to address the science behind how the midichlorians would get from his stomach to his own blood.

I don't watch/read much beyond the films at all. Has there ever been a case of someone trying to use a Force being's blood in this way?

17. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

Yeah, let's further demystify the force by making it possible to get a force fix through a needle. ;)

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    that doesn't work anyway.

19. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Perhaps he's simply an old dark side Force practitioner who's been working behind the scenes of a galactic military force with a surreptitious agenda. Already warped and twisted by years of dark side exposure, he just wants to rule the galaxy before he finally croaks. Just an old guy with an apprentice who wears a helmet and voice changer, wields a red lightsaber and has family issues and internal struggles. Just an old guy with a weapon capable of destroying entire planets. Just an old guy who is introduced via hologram. That would be fun to speculate about for a couple years.

20. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    You may have hit the nail on the head. And surreptitious agenda? I hope Rey kicks his ass!

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Palpatine, as far as the audience was concerned in the OT was just an evil guy. Not really much different than a villain like Maleficent. Just an evil ruler. He didn't really get any backstory, but then again the audience starts with Episode IV.

Then in 1-3 we learn that he is pretty much heir to 1,000 years of plotting to regain control of the Galaxy. That the plot to seize control had been cooking for a long time, he was finally the guy to execute it though.

Snoke is not part of that 1,000 year legacy and seems to just come of of nowhere, since if you go from ROTJ to TFA, there's no indication that Palpatine was serving, cooperating with, or employing a Force user like Snoke.

As Ralph McQuarrie is constantly referenced for designs, I wouldn't mind it if the mined some of Lucas' old abandoned ideas regarding Snoke.

Originally, Lucas had described the Force as something anyone could learn with enough practice. And I believe Palpatine was described as being self taught at some point in the production of the saga.

I wouldn't mind it if Snoke were someone that had been crippled and injured before learning how to use the Force, and that perhaps those injuries were the catalyst to cause him to seek out how to learn the Force. I.E. he was dying or couldn't function as the result of his injuries and sought the power of the Dark Side to keep himself alive.

A reason as to why Vader has become a martyr per Abrams, and why Vader's legacy is mentioned more than Palpatine's in the novel, it could be that Snoke learned from a holocron that Vader left behind after he died.

Snoke might see something he has in common with Vader as they were both crippled, but found strength in the Force.

It would also tie to Luke in that while he redeemed his father, the legacy of Vader is still something that is tainting the Galaxy. Sharing knowledge passed down from Vader to Kylo through Snoke could also explain why Kylo asks Vader to show him the dark side again, and it might be what has made him idolize his grandfather so much, that the knowledge he gains is ultimately coming from Vader.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

22. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Old abandoned ideas for Palpatine?

23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Yeah, I found this article that alludes to it.

http://www.history.com/news/the-real-history-that-inspired-star-wars

I'm guessing that passages posted on these forums is probably where I heard about it.

When asked if the Emperor was a Jedi when coming up with ROTJ (I think it's obvious they are using "Jedi" as a catch all to mean Force user and not literally a Jedi), Palpatine says no, that he's a politician.

I seem to recall it being stated that he was self taught too (at that time), but that article doesn't provide that quote and I can't find it, so I could be mistaken.

Edit: it was also Making of ROTJ that said anyone can use the Force, the Jedi just take the time to master it.

http://yogadork.com/2013/05/23/george-lucas-jedi-like-yoga-yoda-a-guru/

I still haven't found the quote though that connects the dots and says Palpatine learned it himself.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

24. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Your Snoke theories suck! Mine too. It's fun. Geez. How long to VIII?

TheOneX_Eleazar and Lulu Mars like this.
  25. Source of the Dark Side

Source of the Dark Side Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2016
    I'm sorry to bring up the Plagueis theory again but I think we just found proof that he is indeed..... Plagueis.

It's in the panel video where JJ is confronted by a fan askin' of Plagueis and his staff in the Force Awakens. JJ respons by just saying no and than they're clowing about Darth Vegas and stuff like they don't know who he is... But JJ's reaction is off the hook here. Listen to how Daisy Ridley respons before JJ quickly interrups her.

Daisy Ridley says Ahh isn't that Sn.... and then she's immediately interrupted by JJ.

Watch the video guys. The evidence is there... She really says isn't that sn.... listen well!!!

http://moviepilot.com/p/jj-abrams-debunks-snoke-theory-star-wars-8/4068300