main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Snoke's Backstory - Theories and Speculation

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RacoonKing, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Source of the Dark Side

Source of the Dark Side Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2016

No explanation...
    But just think of it as this: The entire Jedi council was not able to feel Palpatine as the main Sith Lord while he stood right with them. But Leia can sense Maul so many years later even he 'perhaps' is death (which is not clear yet). The only way she could feel him is he is still out there somewhere. Can Jedi or Force-sensitive's in Leia's case feel the presence of so called deceased Sith??? If she can it's a unique Force power Leia's possesses. If she can feel Maul years later she certainly can feel Snoke right???

2. Source of the Dark Side

Jan 14, 2016

Why does everyone take the Pablo debunking Plagueis theory so seriously? He's part of the canon story group. You think a storyteller would openly go out and say yes Snoke is Plagueis??? Come on, of course he's debunking it!! And in Pablo's case several times again...

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  3. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I'll take him seriously, but not take seriously any goofy theories.

4. kenobisdeed

kenobisdeed Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2016
    I wonder what the majority of fans would prefer - something totally brand new in terms of backstory for Snoke, with none of it revealed thus far? Or his backstory forming from him actually being one of the people we have theorised he is, or at the very least linked to?

Either could work and I would be fine with so long as it's an interesting story, although I would be surprised if any of the theories are true, I think he will turn out to be a new entity, in that we have never read about him elsewhere.

I like the Darth Plagueis link. If it does turn out to be that's Snoke is some kind of long surviving Sith/Dark Side entity it would make most sense for him to have been a Dark Sider with some previous evidence of soul transferral or immortality. So Plagueis or Sideous most famously. But the oldest, most powerful Sith with a history of both immortality and inhabiting several hosts would be Vitiate from the old republic timeline. It will never happen, but if was him it would be cool and a set up for an old republic PT.

5. Source of the Dark Side

Jan 14, 2016
    Warwick Davis: the actor who played Wicket the Ewok said this:
    Obviously we’re moving into the territory of Episode VIII very soon as well, and much like Empire Strikes Back I’m sure it’s going to deliver some quite impactful story moments, and it’ll leave us with some cliffhangers as well which resolve in Episode IX.
    He also plays a role in Episode 8. What if he plays the true form of Snoke and Snoke is in fact a little humanoid playing a wizard of Oz effect with the hologram.

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  7. TKD_Tarantino

TKD_Tarantino Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2016
    Could Snoke be Ezra or Kanann from the Rebels? In my opinion, I would think that the writers would want to use a character that has previously appeared in the main films and not one in the supplemental materials. However, I'm just throwing those names out there because they're possibilities.

Ord Sorrell likes this.
  8. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I believe Filoni has spoken about how Rebels affects the movies, in which he basically said none at all. So I am going to go with no.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  9. Ord Sorrell

Ord Sorrell Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2016
    I'm sure other people have said this a 1000 times...But I can't scan all the posts to find out and I haven't been able to find a search function for the forums yet lol

to me when I first saw Snoke he looked "unfinished" ...the model's texture mapping/material shading and the overall rendering seemed dull/blurry or out of focus..and more translucent than solid.. not much depth.. he doesnt seem alive, and ILM, or whatever the studio handling SW CGI calls themselves now, is the best in the business... so it isn't incompetence.. now I loved the movie, I loved snoke, and I dont have complaints about him appearing this way, but it did strike me ....

Now I know hes a hologram and this could account 100% for the way he was rendered... but...could it be possible that he appears that way, out of focus without texture, translucent..because he's some sort of Ghost? and that is why he appears to be almost spectral-like? Maybe some kind of spectral being that lives in the dark side of the force

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

My three I would prefer to see is
    1. He's Rax from Aftermath
    2. He's Plagueis
    3. He's the ancient Darkside entinity.

Personally my theory is that they might go The Mummy route and have him start as a corpse but then as his plan comes into a affect he starts to become more human looking. Or whatever species he is.

11. WhyKnock

WhyKnock Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2016

Snoke is #3.

Which is also how many feet tall he really is.

12. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Have you read about Blessed Toxmalb from Legends? He is very mummy like, his discription is a lot like Snoke's too

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well time to add another one fellas. This from Star Wars Reading Club

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  14. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    This stupid theory is old.

15. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Snoke is Lumpy, affected and enraged by alopecia.

16. TKD_Tarantino

TKD_Tarantino Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2016
    Is it possible that Snoke is not some character that has already been revealed and that he will actually be a totally new character altogether. From what I can gather, it seems as if the creators didn't even know anything about Snoke during the production of the Force Awakens and settled on a final design only about two months before the release date. What I'm saying is doesn't this suggest that there isn't a detailed backstory involving a previous SW character?

17. FaxPaper

FaxPaper Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2016
    I have my own theory to who Supreme Leader Snoke is.
    He is Anakin Skywalker's twin. Deformed from birth and taken from Smee at child birth by her owner who seen the child as nothing more than the runt of a litter and it was best to just tell her it never survived.
    Anakin was made fully aware he had a twin and always felt he was half a person.
    This is why Anakin created a droid companion at such a young age, just to try and fill a void that was there.
    Anakin's emotional problems came from this void aswell and was constantly looking for that one person to fill that void that only his twin, his brother could fill.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

18. dmas25

dmas25 Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2016
    not sure in what capacity, but i think that snoke may have something to do with the dark side cave from the empire strikes back. the reason for my speculation is from the visions rey has, after picking up the skywalker lightsaber.
    in one of her first visions, she seems to be in the cave hallway. the same hallway to the one in which luke confronts vader. is she personaly seeing a future, or past connection, from a dark sider (snoke) in this hallway?

19. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Interesting. And I don't think it would contradict JJ. And Cave vs.Tree.

20. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    :eek: Snoke was born on Dagobah!

21. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Btw, I don't think we should take too literally Palpatine believing there was a Source of the Dark Side. The Force is omnipresent. It is not only pervasive in the GFFA, but in all galaxies. However, in the GFFA, there could've be one remote place where it is highly concentrated. And that could be an ancient Rakutan-like ruins or whatever. Enter Snoke.

22. Random3x

Random3x Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2016
    I have a theory as to Snoke's true identity. I was reading the Darth Plagieus book (and before you say it's not him), and there is a mention of the last Sith Lord who knew essence transfer (putting your mind into another being/ item). They speak about Darth Gravid, who was "Inexplicably drawn to the light" in an attempt to gain greater power which is similar to Snoke trying to use a balanced use of the force for greater power. But he was killed before he could realise this. I hypothesise that Gravid transferred his essence to an item from which he moved to another being (not his apprentice). Having being excised from the rule of two lineage, he kept his distance biding his time before stepping into the limelight.

23. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    There is no evidence of Snoke wanting balance or being attracted to the light. On the.contrary, Ren is ashamed to be attracted to the light and eventually kills his father. That's not balance. Nor is Snoke's use of the SKB or wanting Luke killed.

24. Darth Krayt

Darth Krayt Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2015
    All I am seeing mentioned here in this thread, has been talked about before. WE WANT MORE CLUES, LUCASFILM!

25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Gravid" means "pregnant" in Swedish.
    Just pointing that out :p

darklordoftech likes this.