main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Snoke's Backstory - Theories and Speculation

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RacoonKing, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    So naturally, you posted in this thread. Thanks for the contribution! <shakes head in bewilderment>

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Ur Welcome!

Immortiss likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I find the whole entirety of Star Wars boring and would rather post about Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone all day long, but there's no forum for it.

4. cbwhu

cbwhu Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 10, 2016
    No , I am your grandfather

To Rey and Kylo atthe same time:D

Then he'll have one on each knee and eat some werthers original

5. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    Hardly. They are often small in size. This is just the first time we've seen a larger-than-life example.

6. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    It is entire possible that Snoke is ...Snoke. In the galaxy with thousands of worlds and trillions upon trillion of beings...there might be someone we hadn't met prior to TFA.

7. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Snoke is Mumm-Ra.

"There's been an awakening... have you felt it?"
    [​IMG]

On a more serious note, Mumm-Ra backstory is kinda interesting, and maybe could work for Star Wars:
    "He is an undead evil sorcerer bound to the servitude of four malevolent, godlike entities known as the Ancient Spirits of Evil."

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    You should start a forum and make yourself the admin. You can hire me as a mod, I have experience.

9. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Actually that is in ESB, unless Palpatine's head literally grew in size between ROTS and ESB, then suddenly shrunk back down to normal human size in ROTJ. Which the dark side is the path to many unnatural abilities, so maybe he actually did.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's funny, before the whole Muun thing was put out there, I kind of pictured Plagueis as Mumm-Ra for some reason.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  11. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    I've been out of the loop a bit, was it officially confirmed Snoke is not Plaguies? And was that confirmation made in such a way that its not just misdirection? Personally I have long felt that Plaguis was the clear answer here that would tie it all together. I really want him to have some greater connection to the previous films so the ST really feels like the end of something. In other words, the conflict that was set up in I should be resolved in IX.

12. TheOneX_Eleazar

Oct 24, 2013
    It has not been officially confirmed. Pablo tweeted that he was not Plaguies, but he also says his tweets are not official cannon.

13. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So not a flawed clone of the Emperor?;)

I was thinking he was imprisoned inside that Sith Temple beneath the Jedi Temple.

So freed by the Emperor he enslaved the Emperor which is why he went so crazy and when ROTJ happened he travelled to the Second Death Star and goaded Vader fully aware Luke was his son as it was the Emperor's only means of escaping Snoke's control.

When that happened Snoke tried to seize control of Vader only to discover that Luke had turned Vader back to the light preventing Snoke from recovering from the shock of losing his main puppet.

Who else would the Emperor trust with the secret of the Sith Temple?

Someone clearly ventured down there and subsequently evacuated whatever was inside and Snoke seeking to regain power has now turned his sights on Kylo/Ben.

Unlikely but still a theory!

14. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Well, for tying all together, Snoke being Plagueis is the best way to go. The ST will feel like spin-offs, if he's a new character.

15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no it won't.

16. BadCane

Oct 28, 2015
    Well, I was exaggerating, but having 6 movies with one villain and then 3 more with a completely new guy its kind of a let down to me when thinking about the whole SAGA concept. At least Plagueis is connected with Sidious. But anyway, It's the Skywalker saga, so the villain is not that important anyway. Its just the way I feel.

17. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

SEE? :)

GMGalenMarek likes this.
  18. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I'd like to see Snoke in a robotic suit.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  19. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001

There's so much evidence against Sidous = Plaguies. It's time to let it go.

The Sith are gone. Anakin (with Luke's help) took care of business on DS2. Maz told you that.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  20. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Never. I'll never let go. Plagueis is back, but he's not a Sith anymore ;)

21. BadCane

Oct 28, 2015

Well, they recycled DS. I wouldnt doubt that. Star Wars is all about villains in robotic suits. [face_laugh]

GMGalenMarek likes this.
  22. TheOneX_Eleazar

Oct 24, 2013
    I'm not sure what you consider to be evidence, but other than some tweets from Pablo there isn't an evidence either way.

23. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001

This is enough supporting evidence to me:

-Anakin Skywalker fulfilled the prophecy about destroying the Sith.
    -Darth Sidious killed Plaguies in his sleep.
    -There were no Sith in TFA stated by Hidalgo.
    -Serkis said his character was a "new addition", which means a new character.
    -Abrams said that Kylo Ren isn't a Sith either and he works for powerful figure from the Dark Side of the Force.
    -I've seen evil take many forms. The Sith. The Empire. Today, it is the First Order. Maz clearly put the Sith and the Empire in the past tense.

Were you one of those that thought Sidious was a clone of Palpatine headed into ROTS?

24. TheOneX_Eleazar

Oct 24, 2013
    The arguments have been made ad nauseam, so I'm not going to go over them again. If you want to read them, go read the Plaguies thread. I'll just say none of that means Snoke can't be Plaguies.

I have no idea what this has to do with anything. I have never even heard of that. Just because you were right once does not mean you will be right again, nor does it make you superior to those who were wrong.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  25. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Yeah I just Saw Guerrera more machine than man.