main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Snoke's ultimate goal... what he REALLY wants

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Vader himself says that he needs resources. Sure, he uses those resources against Cylo but I don't know if he would throw them away afterwards.

There's no indication that Vader's thoughts about Palpatine improve. He angers his master by throwing the body of Karbin in front of his feet. When Palpatine tells him that he knows what he's been up to and that he's glad to see him embracing power, Vader tells him to pretty much cut the bull****. While Palpatine starts to respect his apprentice again, Vader doesn't seem to respect Palpatine any more than he did in issue #6.

Rax has resisted Palpatine's mindprobe. It is implied he is force-sensitive, though not proven.

2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Interesting. I missed that part. Still, if Rax turns out to be Snoke, it would almost feel like a rehash of Palpatine=Sidious. We already have a little bit of that with his role as The Operator, and "helping" the New Republic take down major Imperial targets.

He could still be Force Sensitive, but I would find it more interesting if he's guarding or inadvertently wakes Snoke. Heck, he could become the founder of the Knights of Ren, or at least one of Kylo Ren's predecessors.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  3. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    I don't remember this. Can you quote the text?

4. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Yes, actually I can.

I guess it's more a mental command rather than a mind probe.

5. unlimitedpower

Nov 11, 2014
    Seems just a case of strong-minded individuals resisting Jedi mind trick/mental command, no? Doesn't really say anything about Force sensitivity to me.

6. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

It's highly suspicious though considering this particular saga. When they show you an orphan or bastard kid from a desert planet with a destiny, odds are that individual is force sensitive.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. unlimitedpower

Nov 11, 2014
    Lol yeah ok. I forgot that sand in GFFA is highly enriched with midichlorians.

8. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    And not to forget: When Gallius resists him, Palpatine is suddenly very interested in him.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  9. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Who said ever he created imbalance? ;)

Anyway, there are different concepts about the balance in the force. A Jedi concept. A Sith concept. And others. There is an interesting thread on this board about this topic. And nobody said ever that this balance is always a kind, smooth and peaceful issue.

Anakin caused the balance in the force at first while helping Palpatine to power. Twenty-four years later it came to Vader's mind that the Sith are quite too dominating in the galaxy and with the incentive to save his son, he reversed the balance for a second time.

So maybe Snoke (but more likely Kylo) will change his mind about what to do next.

10. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I'm sorry, but I think you're belong too loose.

11. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Hmmm ... I'm not sure about how to decipher that phrase or did you perhaps add some surplus-"o"s?

Anyway ... you should not view that discussion as a winning or losing game. :)

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  12. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Never did. It's all speculation and I'm too busy right now to discuss our differing opinions. Yesterday I has plenty of free time.

13. unlimitedpower

Nov 11, 2014
    I don't know. He could simply be interested because Rax has the guts to sneak into the shuttle and disobey his command. Palpatine could always use a strong-minded competent person under his wing especially if he can mold the person from a young age, it doesn't necessarily have to point to Force sensitivity. It could turn out to be that but at this moment, aside from the "sand" argument, I'm skeptical about Rax being Force sensitive.

14. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I read a post in another thread about a boy who finds a force tree being named Ren. Perhaps this goes along with the other rumor of the brother and sister who find the tree and the brother turning dark and killing his family then his sister starting the Jedi order. Maybe Snoke is a follower of the brother (or perhaps he is the brother) and he believes the true balance of the force is associated with the boy Ren. Maybe he believes you should use the darkside as well as the light and that is true balance. It would also explain the whole name Knights of Ren.

15. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    I don't know what he wants but if he tries he just might find that he'll get what he'll need.

16. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Good health care, a thriving economy, more funding for education, a proactive volunteering community

Ghost likes this.
  17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    you forgot peace in the galaxy and cure of cancer

18. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Does cancer exist in Star Wars?

19. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015

Doesn't matter. Sounds fancy and politically correct

Big Boss and PCCViking like this.
  20. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    lets not forget the definition of 'implied' - its implied that he's Force Sensitive. the use of certain words and the subsequent interest from Palpatine raises these questions. its not confirmed, it could likely be confirmation bias, but we cant answer it right now.

i like the theory posited here in regard to Rax/Vader/Snoke - i just think it would be a pretty big deal and worthy of being shown/told in one of the films (which is still possible, even if its just a short tidbit).

Rax could, if im following the gist of the theory correctly, be influenced by both Vader and Palpatine. this influence either stays with him (if Rax=Snoke) or is passed on to Snoke.
    Snoke's interpretation of Rax's 'story' compiled with Snoke's apparent 'overseen the rise and fall of the Empire' could be why/how Snoke shapes his goal.

i firmly believe that Snoke doesnt want balance, hes using Kylo and virtue signalling him. in fact i would suggest just from the things we know about Snoke he possibly wants to create 'ultimate imbalance' - which could go back to Palpatine's ultimate goal of reshaping the galaxy with the 'ultimate influence', basically reshaping the galaxy with potency of the dark side (this ultimate goal is in the Tarkin novel). and thats why we have theories about the source of the dark side being where Snoke comes from, etc: the Unknown Regions apparently are the 'source' of the dark side - which in the Aftermath series, the Jakku secret base is the jumping off point to these Unknown Regions.
    whats interesting is that Snoke isnt a Sith... so that can change a few things. but with Snoke wanting to destroy the Jedi before they have a chance to re-emerge, i think the goal of 'ultimate imbalance' is further backed up.

21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I agree with your assessment. Seems like that is definitely Snoke's overall plan from what we know so far.

22. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Wise you are! Plagueis?

Darth Smurf likes this.
  23. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    So those that support the Vader made the FO in secret theory what about when:

Vader throws Palpatine down the reactor shaft of the Death Star 2 and then talks to Luke.
    Why doesn't he mention his backup plan/ the FO?

If he truly gave up the Darkside he should have told Luke.

What happens when Anakin's Force Ghost shows up? Why doesn't he mention it then?

It kinda changes the whole ROTJ Vader ending.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I actually think that Snoke wanting "balance" would be too confusing for the audience. Heck, even I find the whole balance of the force thing a bit confusing. Are the Sith needed in the universe or are they a cancer? Different parts of canon give different answers to that.

So I think they'll maintain that the Jedi stand for balance and Snoke stands for imbalance. It's much easier to grasp than an evil faction standing for balance.

Darthmaul208

Maybe he told Luke later but there were no fitting opportunities in ROTJ. Some small contrivances won't hurt the overall story, it's the big ones like the FO existing in the first place that are problematic. Vader building something behind Palpatine's back would explain a lot, actually.

25. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015

1. because there was no backup plan

2. I doubt he truly gave it up although the force ghost vision appearance makes it likely that he gave it up (although I find it still disgusting that Anakin showed up next to Yoda and Obi Wan after all, happy like the Walton family)
    In addition he could not tell Luke (although there was no plan) because he was busy with dying

3. How should this work out?
    "Hey Luke, it's me - your daddy *LOL* I look a bit different than last time. Nice to see me with your old friends Yoda and Obi like a happy little family, isn't it?
    Aaaah before I forget, after I killed Palps and his bloody Empire now my even worse first order can take his place. I finally fooled those two Jedi goofs again *ROFL* - Have a nice day son!"

Big Boss and Sudooku like this.