main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Snoke's ultimate goal... what he REALLY wants

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Maybe Snoke just doesn't like the Prequel Jedi Order and is also against Luke's vision of what the Jedi should be. I could see them going with such an ideological angle.

2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Maybe like Orochimaru, Snoke wants a viable younger body to possess in order to extend his life span.

nightangel and Darth Smurf like this.
  3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Snoke is a parasitic wasp waiting to infect and invade Kylo's fully trained body.
    Finally a very new POV

nightangel, Dra--- and cerealbox like this.
  4. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    He wants to get banned from the TFN's JCF.

[face_laugh]

5. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    It has been right in front of us the whole time, I can't believe we missed it?

He just wants a slice of pizza.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  6. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    One sort of such a downsizing joke is o.k. After the second variation this line turns to become insipid. :p

7. IMightRegretThisUsername

IMightRegretThisUsername Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 19, 2016
    Since the FO are formed from the remnants of the Empire and Snoke has a level of admiration for Sidious, I would expect he would be influenced by the Emperor's ultimate goal. As told in the novel "Tarkin", Sidious wanted to reshape the fabrics of the universe and completely eliminate the light side.
    Excerpt from the novel:
    "And he would not allow himself to be sidetracked from his goal of unlocking the secrets many of the Sith Masters before him had sought: the means to harness the powers of the dark side to reshape reality itself; in effect, to fashion a universe of his own creation"
    If Snoke wants anything less than this, I don't see the need for him as an antagonist (from a SW saga perspective) or for Luke to search for temples instead of fighting. He must be after something huge.

8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yes, Snokes ultimate goal is getting back to Jakku.

9. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Where does it say he wants to completely eliminate the Light Side?

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    He could want something different, but just as grand.

Or maybe he's not the real threat, and Kylo will emerge to be the real threat.

11. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    "POWAH!! UNLIMUHTED POWAH!!"

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Reading above and thinking a bit, I don't think either Sideous or Snoke particularly want to "Rule the Galaxy". Having some helpful Fascists on your side who do want to do that is a nice bit of incentive. Let Tarkin or Hux play out their galactic bullying fantasies, but it's all secondary to whatever the Real Plan is.
    Whatever that is... permanently unbalancing the Force? Bending it to their Will.

There is always two, there is.
    The Muggle Conflict. Rebels vs Imperialists.
    And the Force Conflict. Light vs Dark.

13. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    *in awe* this works so well... and perhaps snoke fears luke is in the place of "ra" when it is actually rey...

this just makes so much sense... the problem perceived by the jedi was a problem between light and dark. but chaos vs. order is on a different axis, and if it is out of balance, it means that the extreme oscillation between light and dark (in the galaxy) keeps swinging back and forth (and that *is* chaos). it swings like how kylo swings inside. a pendulum going faster and faster.

this is also fascinating because the bad guys actually probably each have different objectives or think that they share an objective through the FO when they absolutely don't.

hux (whose dad was important in the empire) probably thinks they're just reinstating the empire (order). he's a true believer and he believes in what his dad did.

kylo is interested in power/strength and basically would make a better sith than whatever snoke is shaping him into, but has been swindled by snoke into thinking snoke is helping him become what he (kylo seeks). it's kylo who needs to destroy the jedi and luke (that was the goal of the sith). so kylo is trying to be a better vader just as hux is trying to make a more perfect empire.

then there is puppet master snoke who is playing both of them and keeping his true agenda to himself. eta: although actually he would want to kill luke (for kylo to) as he sees luke in the place of 'ra' and perhaps he will be confused about rey wondering if she's supposed to be his 'kylo' and he won't see what role she represents until it is too late.

also this fits with my other idea that snoke is trying to make kylo into a manifestation of chaos... he is deliberately spinning up the internal conflict within kylo, making that feeling that he is being torn apart inside worse and worse... and once the "molding" is complete he'll have basically a cyclone/vortex that he can use to create all the chaos he likes.

this is why kylo will be confused by the end of tfa that what was supposed to make him stronger (killing dad) has seemingly only done the opposite. because snoke doesn't care how strong or weak kylo is... he's creating something *different* out of him.

this also makes sense with kylo being a focal point between light and dark... because it's the most unstable point.

though i think this will end up being rey (balance) against kylo (chaos). and i am not sure where snoke will feature in the end...

this is just brilliant because it redefines what "gray" actually means. although i'm wondering if an axis model isn't right.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  14. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    or Hux is the real threat.

Ghost likes this.
  15. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Snoke probably wants complete and utter control over every aspect of the Force to manipulate and wield in any way he wishes.

Or he wants lots of cheetos.

16. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He wants to be my lover but needs to get with my friends.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  17. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I'd say that Snoke really wants to zigazig ha.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It's most likely to find the source of the Dark Side and Light Side and either Control or Destroy them. My guess Control

Sudooku likes this.
  19. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    I guess if Snoke is something like a corrupted Whill or equivalent to something like a demon in religion his goal might be destroying all things mostly associated with the lightside or something similar.

20. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    I kind of like the idea of Snoke being a sort of anarchist (or agent of chaos? :confused:) who wants eternal conflict, to destroy civilization and the galaxy and let it all burn. To this end, he may literally want to flood the galaxy with the dark side. He's exploiting the First Order, and possibly the Knights of Ren, to fulfill his true goals. It would be interesting, as it would be a stark contrast to the villains we've already seen.

We know in canon, Sidious sought to learn how to alter reality itself to bend the universe to his will. Snoke may seek to do something similar. I also like the comparison of Snoke being more priest than politician. Even if the character of Darth Sidious was like this, he was not depicted as such in the movies; never before have we seen someone attempt to alter reality, and though Sidious was the true embodiment of the dark side, he certainly seemed to be politician first, as he was depicted.

Snoke's backstory can be interesting, but its his motivation that will truly make him stand apart. If he's just someone on another power level who wants to rule the galaxy, well, that wouldn't be as interesting as it could potentially be, in my opinion.

Dandelo likes this.
  21. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Snoke is Bannon.

isaloflo and Dra--- like this.
  22. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    "I am a Sithite. Palpatine wanted to destroy the state and that's my goal too. I want to bring Hosnian Prime crashing down and destroy their Senate and cherished fleet."

23. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Anarchists don't create a First Order.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It could be a ruse.

Palpatine created the Separatists.

25. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Snoke can't do things alone. He needs the Ren and the First Order.