main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Snoke's ultimate goal... what he REALLY wants

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    3. Perhaps he wants Luke the last Jedi and Kylo with his Knights to finish each other, then Snoke sacrifice himself too, so all knowledge of the Force can be gone forever?

4. Perhaps he wants to wipe out all Force-users and galactic civilization too, to "reset" everything so the cycle can begin again?

5. Perhaps he says he wants order, but really wants chaos and unending war, an Eternal War, to feed the dark-side?

6. Perhaps he wants destruction, of the Galaxy, Life, and the Force itself... as the only way to end the conflict forever, and finally bring peace and true darkness?

I feel the same way. I think a combination of the "alternative options" above is still a possibility.

For example,

Snoke tells Hux and the other FO officers that he wants to rule the galaxy and bring order (a more totalitarian and purist order than Palpatine's empire) and revenge on Luke and the Republic/Resistance... but what he REALLY wants is Eternal War and Chaos to feed the dark side (and then when the dark side becomes strong enough, Snoke is able to heal and return to youth). The feeling that the ST is feeling like a cycle of the OT is intentional... Snoke wants to "reset" galactic civilization, and wipe out those with knowledge of the Force, so the cycle can keep repeating and continuing.

Perhaps the cycle has already repeated several times. Each time, some Chosen One comes to balance the Force, but can never complete the job, galactic civilization and knowledge of the Force is "reset," the cycle of war and suffering and chaos continues, and Snoke recovers his youth and health (only to slowly age and deform again over the millennia, until it's time for him to "reset" the galaxy again).

He fears that Luke is close to finding a way to finally break the cycle, and Rey is the key to it somehow.

2. sterling3763

sterling3763 Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Snoke's body is ruined. I don't know if he's just really old, he suffered some wounds, or the dark side is eating him from the inside (maybe all three?), but his body isn't going to last much longer. He wants a new one, but he only wants to control/end up in a powerful force user's body. And maybe the technique only works on folks who have succumbed to the dark side.

So, he's been corrupting Kylo since birth to arrange for a new, very strong vessel. He wants Luke out of the picture because 1) he's Luke Skywalker, and 2) Kylo's still conflicted and Luke could redeem him.

Sudooku and 11-4D like this.
  3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Snokes ultimate goal is to punish the Lego designer who created his underwhelming figure.

4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    You really do have to wonder why Snoke hasn't gone Darth Vader yet. His body is twisted and dying and apparently is a great source of weakness for him, so why not add some cybernetics to rectify this?

Either the writers haven't considered this or Snoke has some reason not to become a cyborg. Vader in the comics is actually portrayed as finding beings given powers by cybernetics to be a kind of blasphemy. Which is ironic given his own situation. But maybe Snoke is similar and he thinks adding technology to his body is some kind of blasphemy? We could ask the same questions of Palpatine, really. Why grow old and ugly when you could easily have tech upgrades? Plastic surgery?

The only answer I can think of is religious reasons.

Now we also have this idea that Snoke may want to possess Kylo's body when it's "ready." I've always found this to be a silly idea: why wouldn't Snoke just leap into Kylo now? Why would the body need to be prepped? That just sounds like goofy genre fiction: it's not based on any necessary cause and effect, just an artificial approach to plot.

So does Snoke really want to be younger or have a new body? I don't think so. I think, like Palpatine, he's happy living on in his poor state. The reason for this is that their egos are so bloated they don't view themselves as needing any personal improvement.

It's likely then that Snoke just wants more control over the galaxy. Maybe once he has that, then perhaps he wants what Palpatine wanted: control over reality. He wants to see everything in his own image, and responding to his fascist urges for control.

If anything, he's a more rigid fascist than Palpatine. The difference between them is the loose control of Empires vs the tight control of modern totalitarian regimes. Both are authoritarian, but the latter begins to dominate all aspects of life, internal and external, shifting from the loyalty of subjects to the ideological control of subjects.

5. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    I bet that's exactly it. Almost as if he's above all of that, and it would be insulting or humiliating to himself. Like you said: bloated ego.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What's Snoke want? The freedom to swear. He's really, really angry that nobody in the entire galaxy swears. Not one person. How is he going to change that? He's got a new secret weapon. He calls it...the f bomb.

7. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    A new custom made coffin so he can catch up on some sleep.

8. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    The Spice Girls want to know as well.

The Regular Mustache and Vohnkar like this.
  9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Snokes ultimate goal:
    A plastic surgery and a date with a chiropractor

lawton and nightangel like this.
  10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Four whole fried chickens and a coke.

11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    You guys and gals have it all wrong, he just wants to learn how to hit a curve ball........:D

12. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015

A force user would without a doubt accept the chiropractic notion that all disease can be cured by "unblocking the flow of innate life force" (I would pass on the offer myself).

Plastic surgery is completely unnecessary though. As Henry Kissinger said "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac". Brad Pitt will go home alone if Snoke is at the party. ( "OMG, that Snoke dude is such a hunk!")

13. isaloflo

isaloflo Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2017
    Then, as the central protagonist, what does this say about Rey? Is she another Chosen One? Does a new Chosen One emerge periodically to try to bring balance to the Force? Does Snoke mistakenly think he can tap into the power of the Chosen One by manipulating Darth Vader's grandson (which would explain why Kylo Ren feels so pressured to finish what Vader started), but it's actually Rey that he's looking for?

Ghost likes this.
  14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Ghost This is amazing!!!

As war rages, Snoke becomes more powerful and, although he was "dug" up as an old decrepit thing, he actually gets younger as the galaxy is ripped apart, thus giving him MORE power. I love it!

I think that both Rey and Finn are keys. Finn needs to be the key in turning many of the stormtroopers with doubt against the First Order. And Rey being the the key to stop this is brilliant!!!=D=

Ghost likes this.
  15. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i thought vader didn't like the emperor's cyborgs in the comics (he called them abominations) for the same reason he didn't really like the death star much. vader is strangely still on the side of life, even though he brings only death. he believes in living things. the emperor was telling him that robots are still part of the force too. but to vader living things are of greater value, and the force is living. "don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed."

as for the emperor i don't think he cares in the least how he looks. he seems to wear his disfigurements with pride. all of his visions in the force, and his powers, and so on, are way more important to him than if he is ugly. i agree that it's because his ego is bloated as well.

one reason people care about their appearances is social. the emperor otoh hates most/all people and if he desires company he can simply demand it. he doesn't need to look appealing to others (not anymore anyway), and probably would only gain pleasure out of someone being horrified by his appearance. in horrifying people, he feels power over them probably. the dark side is about spreading horror anyway.

snoke seems to like to dress in finery (vanity is possible) while his body is in a terrible state. maybe he views himself as holy rather than ugly/decaying/disfigured. maybe he sees it as old age.

i suppose it might be important that the more of one's body they lose the weaker their connection to the force? anakin was so strong with the force to begin with that he still was incredibly strong in it even after all the physical damage, but i wouldn't be surprised if he lost some of his connection.

16. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    Speaking of the emperor, after seeing the prequels, I always found it odd that Chancellor Palpatine seemed to be very social and extravagant, but when we see him in the original trilogy, he seemed to shun extravagence. I could see Chancellor Palpatine in a fancy party, but not the Emperor Palpatine.

17. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    yes, i find this interesting too. i think in his younger days and political career it was very important to look a certain way and interact a certain way and so on. i also think that palpatine was by nature an extrovert who enjoyed the social stimulation of out-playing and out-witting others. even if he only really cares about his own interests, social connections i think were still important. it seems that after he succeeded finally in becoming emperor he began letting a lot of that go, but gradually. after the senate was dissolved he could finally drop much of the pretense (he doesn't have to appear before that crowd anymore). the deeper he delved into the "mysteries of the dark side" the more reclusive and even more hateful he became, imo. but i'd also note that palpatine's PT public persona is a persona (he even acts like he cares about the welfare of others lol). his darth sidious character always wore the dark robes and wasn't trying to look pretty. i think his deepest interests were in the force and the dark side since even before the PT.

Alienware and Darth Caliban like this.
  18. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Simple. Before he had achieved his full temporal power, he played "the devil amongst us" until his true nature was exposed. At which point he was powerful enough to stop pretending. No other rationale needed. It's a common archetype. Sauron, for example, has the same progression in Tolkien's mythos.

19. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002

A lot seems to point to Rey being another Chosen One, I've even theorized that Rey is Anakin or Anakin as he should've been (to paraphrase Galdalf the White).

One problem with this is that we are led to believe that for over a thousand generations the Jedi were the guardians of peace in the Galaxy (-Obiwan K.), so after the Jedi defeated the Sith they enjoyed 1000 generations (or 1000 years, can't remember), of peace and no Sith to worry about until Plagueis, Palpatine and Maul came about in TPM. Then it took ~ 30 years and only 1 generation to topple the Sith once again with Anakin and Luke.

So why did it only take another 20 years or so for a new breed of Dark Side users to come about (Snoke and Kylo)?, and now another Chosen One?

The Chosen One that finished the Sith before the time of TPM must've been really good as the peace they brought lasted so long.

One option is that Anakin (and Luke) really failed to fulfill the prophecy as Snoke survived. And Luke failed even more catastrophically than Obi-wan at training his nephew. Heck at least Anakin didn't kill his mom. No wonder Luke is ashamed and in hiding.

20. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    To be an Oscar Meyer weiner so everyone would be in love with him.

21. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    I always took it especially looking at Palpatine and Yoda that your pure force power could actually get a little stronger as your body broke down with age even though your lightsaber fighting skills would go down with old age. I think with Snoke it might be like the artist said in the art book envisioning the darkside consuming him as he grows stronger with it. I think they want nothing more to do with the midichlorian mess for the most part.

oncafar likes this.
  22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Control the Force, keep the galaxy in constant chaos, thus keeping the dark side stronger and stronger. Eliminate any future Jedi threat thus having the dark side as the only existing nature of the Force. Then, control every action in the galaxy.

23. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

Too much similar to The Matrix trilogy.

Alienware likes this.
  24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Old Ghosts visiting Luke "Really, don't bother. The Force is just messing with ya."

Seriously I believe that The Force doesn't want peace.
    Peace is boring. It wants "balance". It likes a a bit of biffo. It wants life to be adventurous, action packed. It wants the Galaxy to be an eternal blockbuster movie.

B99 likes this.
  25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anakin didn't bring peace, he brought balance..