main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Snoke's ultimate goal... what he REALLY wants

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Maybe the ST won't be enough to solve that question. Maybe it takes a novel about the "making of' Snoke. Star Wars is not much into large flashbacks in the trilogies.

2. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    I like the idea of Snoke being a Force Vampire becoming younger and stronger as he sucks the Force out of Force weilders and wants to rule over the Galaxy in a bid to become a God.

Same as Palpatine hoped but Palps was hampered by being a human that ages and dies. Despite his powers Palms was more likely to have died by another Sith’s lightsaber before he could attain what he desired.

Snoke is not human and more likely to attain the God-hood he seeks than Palps.

3. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I think Snoke really wants his precious. :)

4. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    ultimately?!
    REVENGE . He wants payback for being maimed. I think either he was maimed earlier by Luke OR he's Ezra and is playing a LONG Game since surviving Vader's attack right before Rogue One and left for dead. Once he found out that Vader was Luke and Leia's father his machinations begun:

Revenge on the Skywalkers for maiming him
    Revenge on Luke in particular for stealing what should have been all his 'glory' and fame during the OT era
    Revenge on the Skywalkers by being the architect of the destruction of Luke's Jedi (I said that in the mini Clone wars Palpatine voice :D)
    Revenge on the Skywalkers by manipulating Ben Solo
    Revenge on Papa Johns for getting his pizza order wrong when he was in college.

5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    So he's Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China? Now this really ticks me off to no end!

darthOB1 likes this.
  6. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Why? Don’t you think Palps would have done the same if he could?

in KotOR, there is a Sith who can do this.

7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Did anyone think yet that Snoke could be Palps dad?

8. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Palps was human.

9. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    So what. His mom was human.

Imagine: What if Palps was created by Snoke, Anakin was created by Snoke and maybe we see Snoke doin' this exercise again....

[​IMG]

Episode X-XII confirmed?:p

10. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Human is 100% human. Spock had a human mother too.

11. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Yes, Anakin was human as well. Created by Snoke in a human mother.

12. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    The Force created Anakin.

13. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Plagueis was able to influence the midichlorians to create life. Maybe Snoke can do this as well.
    Plus, there was a rumor that Snoke might turn out to be the one that created Anakin
    ...we will see, we will see...

14. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Well, Lucas was ambiguous about Palps or Plags creating Anakin. Then Luceno said it was the Force that did so.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  15. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Heh, the "ticks me off to no end" line was a reference to Big Trouble in Little China. But seriously though if Snoke has the same end game as Lo Pan I'll laugh.

16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    What's Snoke really want? He wants people to accept him for who he is. He's tired of people thinking he's the reincarnation of the Emperor or some other character and he's starting to get a real complex about it and it's stressing him out!

Ghost and vncredleader like this.
  17. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah all this talk of who Snoke is and yet we have never once asked Snoke how he identifies. Well now I just feel bad

oncafar and The Regular Mustache like this.
  18. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    To know who let the dogs out? I have no idea.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  19. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    He wants to know how long we're going to argue about Rey's parentage!

20. Darth Nikean

Darth Nikean Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 30, 2016
    I think he wants to be on the Murray show and see who the father is

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  21. aprilstarwars73

aprilstarwars73 Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 1, 2017
    IKR...LOL

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

22. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I just want to cite myself now. Because I think my forecast for Snoke's end being like that of Doc Sugarfoot aka King Julien the Terrible in "King Julien - The Election" was a quite precise forecast of mine. :cool:

23. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Frankly at this point, I'm not sure the creators of the Sequels appear to know who Snoke is or what he wants either.

I feel like we need Batman Begins style flashbacks to explain who he is, and the time gap between Episodes VI and VII. Frankly the Darth Plagues and Windu theories would have been pretty good in my opinion. In the first case, maybe Palpatine in his arrogance thought killing his master with lightning would kill him in his sleep. (Remember he was surprised Luke was still alive in ROTJ). In the Windu case, maybe he has come to the belief that the Republic isn't worth saving since it turned on them. And that he must go fully dark to bring about a Jedi Order that does what is necessary without holding back.

As for their aim - power, control and order. But again the Sequels seem to lack a story arc, or aim. Is it the ultimate power of the Force, maybe that's what Luke went looking for? Without being given any information on Snoke and we are 2 films in is appalling.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    This is one of the few things I felt was lacking in TLJ. I'm fine with Snoke getting the axe as early as he did, and I don't necessarily need his full backstory, but I would have liked to know what his ultimate goals were beyond destroying Luke and the Resistance.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  25. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Agreed. The Snoke throne room scene was good, great even. But unclear as to who the force he was, and what his aim was.

This really should have been hinted or done and dusted in Episode VII though. But TLJ could have addressed this. 2 films in, and the story is completely unclear.