main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Snootch to the nooch!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Happy Ninja, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Hey, guys and gals!

I know that some of you are going to be interested in this, but the teaser trailer for Clerks II is now up and available to download! It doesn't really go into much as, quite frankly, is a teaser...and a bare bones one at that.

Still, it's always good to see Jay and Silent Bob prance around, doing what they do best! :D

I can't post a link to it, because one of the shots has questionable material in it (it's on a tattoo), so chances are, I will get a "Naughty, naughty, can't post that, mods will spank!" warning from the powers that be; so to just play it safe, just do a search for it...it's not hard to find. :)

I can't wait for the film. I think it's going to be funny! [face_dancing]

2. Glass_Onion

Glass_Onion Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2005
    I can't wait for it! Though I can't help but think that it should've been Black & White aswell but I can't give a proper opinion untill I see the full movie.

On the subject of Kevin Smith films, I'm watching that scene from Chasing Amy where 'finger cuffs' is shouting at Holden in the car park.

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Strange, I just watched this.

Big Kevin Smith fan and I can't wait till Clerks 2 comes out. I've always wanted to go as jay and Silent Bob (my mate as Jay) for Halloween, but I know nobody would figure out who we were and would just think we were a couple of pot heads. ;)

Looks great, love that last line:

One (onion) ring to rule them all.
    One ring to find them. [face_mischief]
    Oh please!

Any idea when this is coming out?

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I was looking forward to this.

Seeing all the characters again, but without dialogue, didn't work. The dialogue was what made Clerks work, and when we don't get it all I am left with is the same actors only older and slightly fatter.

Those were my thoughts until the very end. Then came the very end, and the only dialogue. And it was pretty great. So I am still looking forward to this film based upon the hope that the first 99% of the trailer will become as good as the last 1% when we hear what's being said.

Images aren't enough to sell it.

5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well it was just a teaser trailer.

They only just finished wraping the movie, so I guess we'll have to wait a little while to see a proper trailer.

You know given my job, i'm convinced i'm turning into Dante.

All I need now is for my ex to have *** with a corpse. ;)

6. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Ive hardly seen any Kevin Smith films, and I think I should, so I reckon we should have a marathon day.

7. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Hell Yeah!

Clerks
    Mallrats
    Chasing Amy
    Dogma
    Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

That would be an awesome series of films!

8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I've heard nothing but bad things about his films, before this.

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I suppose you have to be of a certain disposition to "get" his movies. I personally love them and would highly recommend them to anyone on these forums.

They're not for everyone, but give them a go. What have you got to lose?

It's worth watching them for the classic "Death Star construction workers" scene in Clerks alone!

10. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    My personal fav is Dogma (and Linda Fiorentino is lovely! :D ). Chasing Amy is alright.

11. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    And have you seen any of his films? I think you would be pleasantly surprised.
    That would an WICKED marathon!!! :D

12. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    They are all good movies.
    Although I think Mallrats, Dogma and Chasing Amy are the best. (In that order.)
    And as for the comic book convention at the beginning of Chasing Amy ... [face_laugh]

13. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Only one Ive seen is Dogma, and i liked it. Alan Rickman was ace.

So Every one round Phils then one weekend in Feb. See How I volunteered you there Phil!

14. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Yeah, strange that :p

Of course, the offer is gladly made. Everyone is welcome for this anytime. Let's see, can't be the 4/5, or the 11/12, but the 18/19 and the 25/26 are both free currently :D

15. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    its great we have to plan so far in advance, its like we have lives an stuff.

Phil I would happiliy have said mine, but youve got the best TV !

16. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    february meet right there ;)

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I think it would really make Kevin Smith smile to know that SW fans are planning a meet for a KS marathon.

Being a massive SW fan himself, he would probably see this as the ultimate honour in geekdom. ;)

Hell, send him an email and he'll probably turn up and introduce the movies for us, then have a Q and A session at the end.

18. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

Thats an idea and I'll come if he decides to turn up...... Then again if I do he may not come so.........:confused:

Damn Paradoxes

:p

19. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Hmm, After the last one went so well I think I may steal this idea for FFUK:N. as a March meet prehaps.

Anyone unable to make Phil's this month feel to Pop over the North boards and sign up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.