main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA SNOW!!! again.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediYvette , Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I will soon expect to see the tauntauns and the wampas.

Five inches here in the past 2 hours. I was at school when they decided to close the campus and the ride home took an hour. :p

Everyone be careful!

2. JumpinJax

JumpinJax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2006
    [image=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6977/pdrm0105bz5.jpg]
    Too late!!! Imperial troops have entered the (Hissssssssssssssssssssssss)

3. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    We've got about 2 or 3 inches here. Its funny, because when i lived in Wisconsin we would get like a foot. And they would still have school the next day because we had tons of people plowing the roads, putting salt down at like 3am in preparation for the morning. Here, we get like an inch, and suddenly schools everywhere are canceled, or at least delayed. Fark. I wish i had gone to school over here instead.

4. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    At least I'm not the only one with an AT-AT outside!!! :p hopefully the roads will be ok by Sat

5. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Awwww! I'll have to take my AT-AT out to play too. :D

6. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    No snow here :p

7. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    We have about 3 inches here and it's just slowing down. This means fewer customers at work. Problem is, the ones we do get are teenagers who take the sex books to the corners and read them. Arg! I hate babysitting my sex bays! Stupid children!

::rant over::

JF

8. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Have you got the lovely ones that rip out the pages and pocket them and file the cover back on the shelf? :)

I digress though--5.5 inches and still snowing.

9. orothelous

orothelous Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2005
    I is in Bellevue and we have like 3 inches or so. I'm off tomorrow so I'm okay with it. I might have to go garbage bag sledding soon!

10. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, never thought of that. I better check the pages. Though, I am missing one copy of the Pop-up Book of Sex, and I'm wondering if it went home with the last group of idiots. Arg!

All schools closed! TON of snow out there. I just measured and we got another inch after I went to bed. So 4 inches here! And I'm not that far from the water! YAY for snow!!! [face_dancing]

JF

11. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    YAY!! funtimes! get to try and goto work!! the darkside of the snow

12. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    5 inches of snow. Still ice on the streets. Stayed home today but want to try to get to work tomorrow.

13. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Same here. I felt so guilty staying home but it was way too slippery to go anywhere.

14. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    I had some fun today going to work, slip sliding along my road. There were some kids tobogganing(thank you firefox for fixing my spelling!) and i tried to hit them but the damned ice made me slip and i missed :(

15. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    went to work, found out I couldve called in and not have to, but we closed at 4pm anyways. Tomorrow I might not go in because I have to be there at 7am and the hill I go down is nasty (I slid and fishtailed down it this morning).

16. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I had to spend an hour and a half scraping ice and sowing salt all over my apartment driveway, which is at the bottom of a hill. Luckily I had no work today, but I might call in tomorrow anyway cause not working is better than working.

17. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    I cant afford it really but my life is more important (dont want to get in an accident too :p )

18. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    The snow was just packed onto my mom's car, mostly everyone stayed home in my apartment complex.

19. JumpinJax

JumpinJax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2006
    There's got to be 7 inches here, and the streets are a mess. Tacoma hasn't had this kind of snow in at least 8 years, and before that not in my lifetime! We were not ready for it, and driving in town is pure hazard. May have to skip the con party, it's just too iffy :(

20. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    The Center of Hell (White Center) never closes!! All stores open normal hours, despite very icy roads. It's amazing how many people just HAVE to have that one quilting magazine during a snow storm! :rolleyes:

JF

21. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I called in at work again. I have to go to the bookstore still but the library was cool enough to tell me to stay home. The car was completely frozen so I could't unlock the doors. And the roads are even more slippery.

School was open today but luckily I had no classes anyways today.

22. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    Called into work myself today. The main roads look ok from the deck, but the side road I'm on is under ice :( car sliding SUCKS

gives me time to work on my artwork for ES ad personal

23. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Lucky. Work knows I live 4 blocks away, and I already walked yesterday. :p

Besides, I like my job. The customers can fly off cliffs, but the job is fine.

(PS: I got the computer section now too. I now have more bays in the store than anyone at 108. Eek. [face_hypnotized] )

JF

24. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    :eek: You are indeed the Master, JediFarfy

25. orothelous

Dec 24, 2005
    I'm back to work today, and now it's snowing again. Great, hopefully I can get home...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.