New Jersey Snow Snow Go Away...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediRockstar, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRockstar Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Its been a week or so after the BLIZZARD of 2003, and there seems to be lots of snow still on the ground. Sure the temp. has been in the 40's somedays, the snow has not melted(at least not up here in Northwest Jersey). However, me being raised in the south braved the cold and wore sandals. Sure my mother screamed at me for an hour, telling me I looked stupid. Did I care...NO! Its my toes, if I want to be cold, then I should. I just hope we don't get hit with another big storm like that! How many of you out there have a great blizzard 2003 story to tell! Share with us! [face_clown]
  2. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    Me...I got stuck at my parents for 2 days and got stuck in the snow when I did try to go to my apt.

That is about it for me.
  3. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 6
    We were buried for 2 days in 2 feet of snow...but, I loved every minute of it. ;)

Welcome to the New Jersey FanForce JediRockStar! If you have any questions about us or if you'd like to join, just give me a shout and I'll be happy to give you all the info you want. :D
  4. DarthGyos Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Welcome JRS! As co president of New Jersey Order, I welcome you to our corner of the universe.
    Please take time to visit our "get to know you post" (can't remember the exact title)and tell us a bit about yourself!!

The snow gave me two extra days off and alot of grief.

Sucks digging out your car twice from 2 feet of snow in the ghetto.

~DG~
  5. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    :p silly me...I forgot to welcome JRs to the club...I actually meant to PM 'em, but plans changed.

Welcome, I am J.Sat, the other co-President. :D
  6. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    Oh joy...more snow is on its way. [face_plain]
  7. Leo73 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I was stuck home but with getting ready to graduate from art school; I had plenty of work to keep me and my 4 computers busy. Plus I was able to sit down and watch all the SW movies and all the different making of footage that I have managed to accumulate over the years.

But now they are saying upto 6 more inches is on the way. I can't take anymore snow. I am really beginning to hate the white stuff.

Bring on Spring
  8. DarthGyos Jedi Padawan

star 4
    WELCOME LEO73!! Please see the Welcome thread on this board to introduce yourself. We'd love to see you at one of our meetings!

NJ is growing boys and girls!!

Let your voices be heard; COME TO A MEETING!!!

~DG~
  9. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    :eek: Leo...4 computers?

Art school?

Wow...you heavy in the design field...with computers?

And the snow sounds like a bad one today. :(
  10. Leo73 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I do some design but mostly Animation. Visual Effects, Technical Animation, Compositing, and stuff like that. But I do design stuff quite a bit so that I can animate it. Yeah I am getting ready to graduate from the Art Institute of Philadelphia with my B.S. in Computer Animation and then hopefully attend NYU for my masters in Effects.

God I hate snow. Where is the 95 degree days when you need them
  11. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    95 degrees...oh god no...I just want spring and autumn...65 and sunny. :)

Hey that is :cool:

I need to see how that stuff is done.

Do computer animators have to be artistic on paper...or just in the mind?
  12. Leo73 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    It's good to be both. Very few animators take just sit down and go with what's in their minds eye. It's better to work it out on paper, because the last thing you want to happen is to get all your models done and be getting ready to animate when you realize that there's all kinds of problems. You should always work out the details on paper first so you don't run into those problems. Not to say that you have to draw like the master's or anything. Just quick sketches showing some details and notes on it often works for me.
  13. Arldetta Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'll take the 95 degree weather any day!!!! I can't stand cold. Heat, that's for me!! :D I wish I was still in TX!! :_| But then again, Dallas got more snow than we did a few years back. Strange. :confused:

Oh, well. I still want the those hot days of Summer!!!! :_|
  14. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 6
    :eek: How dare you dis your friend and ally snow?? :p I love the snow and I'll never get sick of it. I'd move to Calgary if I didn't require at least some summer time. ;)
  15. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    I wish that there were 3 seasons...

Winter, Spring & Fall...no Summer for me...unless I have access to a pool...but then again...I sunburn kinda easily...so, that is why I enjoy nighttime swimming. :D

Error: Invalid post attempt. Please try again. Referrer: http://boards.theforce.net/post.asp?brd=10113&topic=10689888

I am going to Comms with this issue.
  16. Arldetta Jedi Padawan

star 4
    LOL, I hate snow!!! And if I had a choice of seasons it would be Spring, Summer, Spring, Summer, Fall, Spring, Summer....

:p

But my husband happens to enjoy the foul stuff, so I'm stuck here. :(
  17. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    the only places I would consider moving to...if I left the state again...would be Michigan, Chicago or Alaska. :D
  18. Arldetta Jedi Padawan

star 4
  19. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    I want to be near Ann Arbor so badly...season tickets to U of M for me baby.
  20. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 6
    Oooooh...that'd be sweet. Among the 104,000 that pack Michigan Stadium every Satrurday. God I'd love to go to a college football game.
  21. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    I know what you mean Mike...

One of these days...I will be there
  22. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 6
    I want to see a game at Marshall. I just like their stadium for some reason. Oh and Boise State too cuz they have BLUE turf!
  23. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    But I do not want to go to Idaho...it will feel like Moving. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.