main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY SNOW!?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by cyranodb, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    My plans for snowball domination are coming to nothing :(

Next someone will tell me Spiderman isn't real and he doesn't websling through the streets of NYC!

2. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    [face_laugh]

And we don't have a Baxter building and Fantastic Enterprises either! :eek: [face_mischief]

3. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Holds hands to ears and shouts "Lalalalalalalalalalalaala" repeatedly!

Moriah has already told me Santa doesn't exist, but who takes the mince pies that we leave out for him each Christmas Eve on the fireplace? Huh Smarty-pants, answer me that one? :p

And just because you have an imaginary Luke Skywalker in your closest doesn't mean you can destroy my dreams of a Spiderman / La Frosty Timster teamup against the forces of eternal evilness.

4. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Moriah has already told me Santa doesn't exist, but who takes the mince pies that we leave out for him each Christmas Eve on the fireplace? Huh Smarty-pants, answer me that one?

Murphy. [face_laugh]

And just because you have an imaginary Luke Skywalker in your closest doesn't mean you can destroy my dreams of a Spiderman / La Frosty Timster teamup against the forces of eternal evilness.

Touche, we all have our dreams...and you have Padme under your bed. :p

5. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Murphy.

And he is wearing a Santa hat too. One of the great mysteries of the world has been solved! But my cat is too lazy to be Santa ... then again, I can't check if he goes missing around 24th Dec - his busy time. I need a guard dog on the mince pies from now on.

Touche, we all have our dreams...and you have Padme under your bed.

Looks under bed ...

Ooo eh missus! I have a snow bunny under there [face_love] [face_whistling] 8-}

6. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    http://hurricane.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/headlines.asp?iws=0&partner=accuweather

Uh-oh.

7. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    It's already starting to hit us, way up here in the boonies.

Aka Connecticut. :p

It's so COLD!! [face_frustrated]

8. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Everyone run out and buy up all the milk, eggs, and bread NOW!!! You never know if you'll have to make French toast for 50 people!

9. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    The other day.. they said out by me was getting 1-3 inches. My town got 4.

For todays snow, they said "up to 1 inch" my town has 2 1/2 new snow now.

One can only IMAGINE whats gonna happen sunday...

But yeah.. Saturday i think i'll go out and buy all the stuff i really dont need just so i can feel important.

10. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I stopped at the base exchange on my way out and grabbed a 1/5 of southern, a can of shaving cream, a 9v battery, and some licorice.

I am officially set for the Nor'easter. :)

11. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Yeah, who needs French toast when you can just party throughout the storm?

12. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm going to try to go Friday evening, because Saturday I'm totally busy. My fridge is empty and I will not be snowed in on Sunday with no food!

13. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    The boy plans on getting snowed in with me Saturday and saying he cant get to work sunday *whistles* hehe. He makes a mean tuna salad so i'll live off of that. :)

14. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Nothing like getting snowed in with your honey. Gary and I got snowed in last year and we had so much fun. :)

15. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I go to school on a mountain. That is all I have to say. :pouts: Why CT Why?

16. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    I hope you have enough hair gel to last through the storm. [face_laugh]

17. Jediwoman

Jediwoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Joe Said: "I stopped at the base exchange on my way out and grabbed a 1/5 of southern, a can of shaving cream, a 9v battery, and some licorice.

I am officially set for the Nor'easter."

It's not a Nor'easter, it's looking to be more like an Alberta Clipper you FREAK!!! GET IT RIGHT!!! JEEZ!!!!

So i guess your 'officially' set for the WRONG storm. Huh!!?? :p

lmao, just kidding. ;) OK, couldn't resist, any opportunity to pick a fight, right? LOL.

A nor'easter actually travels up the northeast coast (so to speak), this one is coming straight down from canada (likely the alberta region) ;). But it hasn't really been labeled that, so who knows. ;)

18. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Ya Joe, hows your driving these days, still rolling up into parks? Must be especially difficult in the snow.

19. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Julian, how's bumming rides working out for ya? :p

20. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    WHoever said "I am dreaming of a white christmass" never had to walk in the stuff @ 5:15 am to get to work. Or "walking in a winter wonderland". More like a bloody winter nightmare.

21. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Be prepared for temperatures in the teens next week too, New Yorkers. Uggggh......

22. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    This might be the right topic. Just as an FYI, if reports of heavy snow continue by this evening we may have to postpone our meeting this Sat. for next week.

23. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I love snow and can't wait for it to finally be winter :D When I was a kid, my siblings and I used to spend ALL day (and into night) outside making forts, sledding, and having snowball fights :) I remember my father helping us one year and we made a 4 room fort in the front yard (there were about 16" that day :eek: ). I can't wait to finally be able to play in the sow again and chuck a huge snowball at Will :D hehe. I know what I'm doing this weekend...

:: Gathers some snow from a nearby car and beans Will ::

24. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    if reports of heavy snow continue by this evening we may have to postpone our meeting this Sat. for next week.

Well early reports are saying atleast 6-12. It could be more then that, they havent said anything about it being less.

*sigh*

25. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    How soon will this postponement be posted?

I'm asking since I won't be able to access the 'net until after I get home from tonight's auditions.

Last I saw, the snow's supposed to start around midday tomorrow. I think we can still get away with having the meeting before the snow mounts up significantly.

Unless, of course, you'd rather walk home than trudge home(or drive home) in mounting drifts. I doubt it will be that bad though.

Then again, I'm an optimist. :)

- Johnny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.