main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Snowed In

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TIEace, Dec 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Getting back to school was actually pretty good. I needed the break, but I want to get back in the swing of things. Missing most of a week's really messed everything up(such as a test scheduled for Monday today and it feeling like both a Monday and a Friday for some reason).

The only bad thing is once again, there's half the amount of parking area for Juniors. :( Now I've got to leave before 6:30 to get a spot. :(

2. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    Aw, cannot get your ship in?

You guys have it easy. I have school tomorrow (Saturday) from 9:00am to 3:00pm. It's an accelerated class so we have to go for 6 hours at a time for 6 Saturdays. Yuck. Think of me when you're all still lounging around the house in your jammies tomorrow morning.

3. JediGrl831

JediGrl831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    We got out of school early today at 1. So, at least we didn't miss another day. I don't know how much snow we are supposed to get now...I'll have to watch the news. Buts its coming down fairly heavy right now.

I went outside to take pictures of the snow with the camera from school, cause I have it this weekend. If they come out they should be some really nice pictures...they better be, cause I got really wet doing it.

4. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Monday then friday. That's kinda what this week was like. I could get used to it.

5. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    So could I, so could I.

Next week is a joke too...I have a half day Thursday for Parent Teacher conferences. And no school Friday for teacher development day. Oh well. :)

And after that I only have two full weeks of March. Then the first week of April its Opening Day at Fenway so, I'll miss that Friday. And the next week is the week before vacation so, we'll have Good Friday off. Tough school schedule I tell ya!

6. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Yup. Speaking of snow, I think someone bit my school with the over-reaction bug. Three days off last week when we'd usually not get one, and everything after school cancelled yesterday for almost nothing.

7. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    We didn't get much here either. Maybe five inches at the most. But, nothing much. Not enough to have let us out of school early for. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

8. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Monday was a big mistake, tuesday i wasn't going to leave my house no matter what they said, and Wendsay was just a clean out day, really.

9. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Yup. Good synopsis of this so called sequel to the Blizzard of '78(they really blew that call, now didn't they?).

10. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    They did blow that call. But, still it shaped up to be a pretty good storm. I mean I got two feet here...thats a LOT of snow.

But, I've never trusted weathermen to much of an extent, so I wasn't surprised when the storm wasn't as bad as had been predicted.

11. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    The snow's pretty much gone now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.