main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Snowed In

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TIEace, Dec 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Only if you d/l Metallica songs.

Anyway, its snowing. Which means papers in the morning will be difficult to deliver. :) However, for once, I'll be getting a fair amount of snow. :) Too bad it isn't a Sunday night...

2. JediGrl831

JediGrl831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Its snowing here too. Although, I'm not quite sure how muce we are supposed to get. We've got around four or five inches right now. And its still snowing.

Maybe we'll get some ice tonight!! That would be nice! :)

3. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    We have a lot! Probably 6-7 where it isn't blown or plowed up, over a foot where it is. Took me two hours to deliver my 34 papers, and I got hung-up on snow three times while doing so!

4. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    We got NAILED. Loads o' snow here.

5. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Driving to school today was, an...expirence. I got to school early enough to get a spot to park in, but because of the snow, and the bad plowing job done, all the cars were parked differently and I couldn't get a place to park. I had to drive all the way back home and get a ride back from my mom.

6. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    That stinks Reese!! I get to school before pretty much everyone else so I don't have to worry about that. Plus, they do a pretty decent job plowing our parking lot.

7. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Oh, I'm sure the parking lot was fine, but because there isn't enough room there, all the Juniors and a fair number of Seniors have to park on a street nearby. It was very poorly plowed and that caused them to park differently, which cost me my space. :(

8. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Our juniors don't even get parking spots, it's not allowed. Snow rules!!

9. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Like I said, neither do we. We park on a side street. Except at the end of the year when the Seniors are gone, no juniors in the parking lot.

10. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Seniors are garunteed parking at our school. And only Juniors who are on the honor roll can park in the parking lot. But, there are normally some free spaces.

11. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    You can park in the teachers area and I dout anyone would notice.

12. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Oh yes they would. Those Juniors who parked in the lots on Friday got an earful from the assistant principal. It sounded like he was going to come right through the intercom.

13. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Yeah, we have a security guy that we call Rent-a-Cop who goes around and makes sure no students park in the faculty parking lot. Plus, we have to register our cars with the school and put a little sticker in the window to be able to park.

14. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, I really don't have to worry about that stuff for a couple of years. I'm gonna be 14 in February, and after that I've still got a couple of years.

15. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    I turn 16 in march, so I don't have to worry about any car trouble until at least september.

16. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    As long as we don't get more snow, I might go back to driving to school again. Or I might set my alarm even earlier(it's at 5:50 right now) and leave by 6:30(school begins at 7:30...).

17. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    I wake up at about 6am, leave my house around 7:10am catch the bus and get there at about 7:30am when school starts.

18. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm up at six and leave by seven. I'm at school at about five past seven to ten past. And the first beel rings at seven thirty. I have to be in class by seven forty though.

19. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    When I take the bus, I leave for the stop at 6:55 or so. The bus gets there around 7:05, but doesn't get to school until the bell to leave the lobby rings(which means I can't talk to my friends before school then).

20. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    They keep the doors locked until 7:15, no fun.

21. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    The front doors at BR are closed until around 7. The back doors are open before 7. How much, I really don't know as that's the earliest I've been there. :)

22. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    The doors to the cafe at SH usually open like quarter of seven.

I get to socialize plenty with my friends cause I'm there a good twenty minutes before we have to go to class.

23. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Because of the snow we got two weeks ago, and the time I get up, I haven't been able to drive to school since then. Which means I'm back on the bus. :( And its really bad because the new driver is always late. :( The bell to go to class has already rung when we get there and the lobby is almost clear of people(save those who make it lot in life to skip every class).

And now, my Weatherbug says we're going to get more snow.

24. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Sorry, Reese. My bus used to be late too and it was a big pain in the butt to have to run to class every morning.

We're supposed to get more snow soon!! Yeah!! No school, no school! Do you know how much?

25. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    The weatherbug says 6 inches or above. The thing is, that'll be by the end of the snow tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.