main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion So... a Darth Vader vs Ahsoka Tano throwdown... how would you actually want that to go?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Feb 22, 2015.

?

Poll is Multiple Choice

1. This encounter should definitely happen

86 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. This encounter should not happen

18 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Vader should be massively dominant through the duel

61 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. It should be relatively even until near the end

29 vote(s)
    15.1%
  5. It should end with Ahsoka dead

91 vote(s)
    47.4%
  6. It should end with Ahsoka turned to the Dark Side

11 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. It should end with Ahsoka getting away, unturned

32 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Any other outcome

11 vote(s)
    5.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    There is no dual-personality, I know it is a metaphor. But it isn't also the "truth". The idea is that the light side of the Force is vacant in Vader. He is full of rage. He isn't a robot, he is very emotional. But his emotions are those that fuel the dark side. He hates himself and what he was. What he was cost him everything he held dear. His mother, his wife, his unborn children. You bring up Empire, but Empire is the break through. It is exactly why Vader is a very different person in RotJ.

Luke did not see a human being under that armor until the reveal. It is written all over Luke's face as he questions why Ben didn't tell him. One of the reasons it was dangerous for him to fight Vader is that he brought out the darkness in him. After all, he thought he betrayed and killed his father. He took his surrogate parents in Owen, Beru and Obi-Wan.

He can remember that, but it won't be a good thing for Ahsoka. Because that will make him angry.

No one is saying he is mindless or emotionless. On the contray, I think he is very emotional, as are all Force wielders. It is emotions that feed their abilities. But Vader doesn't have love and care in his heart at this point. It is anger, it is rage, it is pain.

You seem to want him to care about Ahsoka. Show some sort of sympathy or regret. That I don't see in this man.

I personally expect plenty of emotion from Vader. But it is the same kind of stuff you see in the Vader comic like when his battle is interrupted by others, or when he faced with Obi-Wan. I think he feels betrayed by Ahsoka. Perhaps what Ahsoka saw in her vision is exactly what we are going to get.

There is a hilarious matter-of-factness about Vader in this time period that I love. He has some good dry wit.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    How the events are portrayed will weigh heavily on my grade for the episode. I'm not asking for Ahsoka to be the redeemer. I know the Saga story like most of us in here do. It still wouldn't be the end of the world if you see a subtle hint on a reaction from him that you wouldn't normally get when he indiscriminately kills someone.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    My guess if Filoni does decide to let Ahsoka move on, she would go out gallantly rather than just murdered, thats it, goodbye, the end. I suppose he's been leaving little hints about Ahsoka every so often since her return, but we'll find out soon. It is also possible she can return as a Force ghost or a Jinn capacity or something but with all the talk of post TCW events and even an Ahsoka live action, not sure what events he could even have in mind, unless its during the Dark Times and before Rebels.

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Do we know if she met Obi on Tatooine? If yes that could be a hint to her future fate (ghosting).

5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I always pictured her killed by Tarkin who keeps quiet on what happened which is why he's so dominant during ANH.

I picture Ahsoka does reach him its just that at this point he hasn't reached the crisis point the Emperor electrocuting his son achieves.

Now what if Maul backstabs her infuriating Vader in the process?

I can see Maul lying to the others what actually happened and if Kanan was responsible for telling Yoda and Obi-Wan what happened since they aren't force ghosts they really can't check for themselves after all?!

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Getting killed by anyone by Vader wouldn't do it for me. If nothing else, the least Ahsoka can get is an honorable death by a Vader's lightsaber. Getting shot by a blaster would be pretty disappointing.

7. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    So... we're a little more than 33 hours away [or at least I am] of finally seeing:

A: Vader vs. Ahsoka
    B: Maul in the Rebellion era

My guess: Ahsoka dies -- I just don't see it any other way.
    My guess: I honestly don't know what to expect from Maul... the last we saw him Sidious let him live and had other purposes for him...

My guess: Ahsoka dies and Maul is now a "mary sue" by way of having an old[er] school character return and be someone we can follow in a similar way
    My guess: We see Palpatine [or Sidious] next season interact with Maul somehow -- and it would be cool to hear Maul refer to him as Lord Sidious by way of no longer being a true Sith himself and thus the need to call him by his honorific

As for Vader vs Maul -- is this ever gonna happen? I honestly don't know -- but I'd cancel the birth of a child to see it done and done well =P~

So glad Rebels is doing things like this -- warms the cockles of my heart

8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Read Son of Dathomir.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You can count me out if I'm supposed to jump on the Maul bandwagon if/when Ahsoka is completely out of the picture. The only time I really appreciated his character's presence in the Saga was through the Mandalore arc of TCW with the climax involving Obi-Wan and Satine.

10. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm expecting Ahsoka to try and reach Anakin/Vader, only to be pushed back every time, Vader making it clear that "Anakin Skywalker" is dead. Cue Ahsoka somehow meeting Obi-Wan and telling her story, and boom, we have another explanation for Obi-Wan's comments about "Vader killing Anakin" and "he's more machine than man". Not something he's directly experienced, but something told to him by a trusted friend.

The OT reboots in a few years will of course be modified to include some hints to that meeting.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

OT reboots?
    [​IMG]

12. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    It will happen eventually.

13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    OT reboot will never happen. Unless Disney wants to alienate hardcore Star Wars fans.

14. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    Give it a few years after they've built up a new audience with the sequels. They won't be afraid of the grognards forever!

15. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Yeah, they made a sequel trilogy featuring the original trio so they could just reboot it. [face_laugh]

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  16. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'll die if either PT or OT reboots happened.

17. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

If the money is large....

18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

Well TFA is pretty much a reboot of ANH so they don't really need too do another

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  19. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If they reboot the OT, we riot.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  20. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    OT reboots??

21. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Well considering that for me the best thing to come out of the PT was McGregor's Kenobi, I might be able to accept a PT reboot if down the line they could find someone who can bring the character to life like he did.

22. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Well JJ Abrams rebooted Star Trek.

It wasn't a hard reboot, as in "all of that **** never happened, unlearn what you have learned". Instead it used time travel to do an end run around the continuity.

And guess who is directing SW movies now...

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    TFA is a reboot/sequel already.

fett 4 likes this.
  24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    OT reboots? Hasn't George already rebooted them enough times with all the special editions?

25. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    next topic please - this is not the place to get into a Reboot discussion -- i want to talk about and read your thoughts Rebels personally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.