So after TCW... What's next?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Han Burgundy, Feb 17, 2013.

?

What should be the next big SW show?

A sequel series to TCW 25 vote(s) 64.1%
Underworld 8 vote(s) 20.5%
Detours! 3 vote(s) 7.7%
Nothing. Keep SW off of tv for a while 3 vote(s) 7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han Burgundy Force Ghost

star 3
    What do you want to see next from Star Wars on tv?

Personally, as much as I'd love for Underworld to become a reality at some point, what I want to see in a couple years is a sequel series to TCW, set during the era of the sequel trilogy. It would utilize a similar art style and format, but with totally new characters. Honestly, I just really enjoy what TCW has become and would love to see them continue in a new setting.
    Darthgoodguy likes this.
  2. TrandoJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it would be cool to have a one to three season animated show set in the Dark Times and wrap any loose stories from TCW. But I really want to see Underworld happen.
  3. agentkrycek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I really want to finally see Underworld after almost a decade of talking about it.

But I also really want to see another animated series following the further adventures of Luke, Han and Leia - whether that be during the Original Trilogy or shortly after the events of ROTJ.
    Skywalker2B and Darthgoodguy like this.
  4. Darth Ibonek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    As a TCW fan I'd love to see a sequel to the show, but after 5 or seasons what else could we possible add to a war that lasts only a few years?
    And I'm pretty sure Disney, Lucasfilm and co. are busy with VII and the spin-off films.
    Bo-Katan likes this.
  5. RG4 Jedi Master

star 2
    I say a series based around the Mandalorian Wars. It has everything we need really, action,plot,characters, and setting.
  6. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    a series for Jar Jar, Wac and Gascon :p just kidding

Dark Times
  7. Samayel_ Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    a sequel placed in Dark Times, with a ship load of inquisitors, dark siders and imperial millitia.
    plus fugitive Ahsoka, plus Darth Vadet missions, plus Obi Wan training in tatooine with Qui Gon´s ghost, plus jedis turned to the dark side and working for the empire.
    i want to see a kind of "Days of future past" but instead mutants, Jedis and instead Sentinels, the empire.
  8. Darthgoodguy Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    If it ends with season seven, it should wrap right before EP VII is released. Fall of 2015, post ROTJ series covering Luke as THE Jedi master!
  9. General_Un-Co Jedi Master

star 1
    How can you have a poll like this and not have "X-Wing" as an option
  10. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I guess I sequel series to TCW if anything from that list, or anything set in the "Dark Times."

But ideally I wish they'd go to a time far removed from the films and Anakin/Vader's story. "The Old Republic" era is expansive and vague, so even when I say to do an "Old Republic" show, doesn't necessarily mean have Revan as the main character or a show about Vitiate's Empire versus the Republic.

I'd rather see more of an origin story I guess, of how the Jedi/Sith began, or even moreso how the Republic began and what the map of the galaxy looked like before the Republic (and subsequently Empire) dominated the majority of it.

There just always seems to be some galaxy spanning political entity and I'd be interested to see what happened before it expanded to that point, what Empire(s)/political powers dominated the galaxy (preferably more than one) prior to the Republic and what wars/politics were involved that got the ball rolling on the Republic, how did the Jedi get involved in the Republic, etc.
    Hank Hill, QuangoFett and starmin76 like this.
  11. Redfivee Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I would love to see a Dark Times sequel series that follows Ahsoka and Ventress in The Underworld {thats if they survive}.
    Darthgoodguy and DatPadawan like this.
  12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
  13. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    We know there are plans for several more TV series, another TCW style one and a live action one is my bet.
  14. Han Burgundy Force Ghost

star 3
    Love it!!! Like you, I'm a big fan of the Old Republic era, especially due to its largely untapped potential. And an "Origins of Star Wars" series would be awesome. Although, I'd hope that a show dealing with such delicate subject matter wouldn't be done as a "kids show" like TCW. Not that TCW doesn't get dark enough, but that a show dealing with the Origins of the SW universe would hopefully require a bit more narrative complexity than what would typically be allowed for a kids show.
  15. BoromirsFan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I say they should just make Underworld an animated TCW esque thing.

Its just not going to work for a long time. The budget would need absolutely killer ratings to be considered to stay on air. They might have budget to do what? 6 to 8 episodes a season? At least if they want higher quality production. I just can't see them consistently producing a show like underworld with special effects for 20 episodes a season.
  16. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    I would hope that they do a live action Underworld series but if they did a series with the animation of TCW I wouldn't mind. I would still like to see a series with the style of the TOR trailers.
  17. ezekiel22x Chosen One

star 5
    Underworld would be my first choice provided the project stays true to everything we heard about it before the Disney sale. If we get another animated series in the spirit of TCW, I think I'd rather see prequel than sequel. Maybe something set ten or twenty years before Episode I.
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    I want Detours to flop. To bomb. To fail so utterly badly that it destroys Star Wars. Because our salvation can only be found through destruction.
    CT-867-5309 and 07jonesj like this.
  19. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    ^The ruin is the path to salvation?

I say come out the other side of ROTS and rebrand TCW into a Darktimes show. Lets pick up some new characters, keep a couple old ones besides Ahsoka, and keep on rollin' baby.
    Last edited by Seerow, Feb 18, 2013
    Darthgoodguy likes this.
  20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    We the fans must destroy Star Wars so that we do not create fans who will destroy Star Wars.

#REAPERLOGIC
    CT-867-5309 likes this.
  21. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4
    With an 18 year gap, there is so much potential to show the start of the Rebellion and the rise of Darth Vader besides I want my memories of Vader's last appearance to be something other than this.

22. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    A Dark Times animated show adhering to the little canon in that period would be very cool, in my opinion. Chuck in a K'Kruhk cameo now and then, show Mon Mothma and Bail Organa's troubles the Imperial Senate, Quinlan Vos, Tholme, etc could be main characters, along with some of the survivors from Dark Lord. Please no Ahsoka, however; she'd absolutely ruin the show by not doubt founding the Alliance or some other crap.
  23. Kualan Force Ghost

star 4
    A 'Dark Times' TCW would be great, and can continue from narrative threads already started up in TCW and ROTS;

- Organa and Mothma founding the fledgling Rebel Alliance - a chance to expand upon those deleted scenes from ROTS.
    - Darth Vader hunting down and killing the remaining Jedi Knights. Would be interesting to explore the 501st characters that make it through TCW as they accompany Vader on this mission; Jesse, Tup, Kix, what do these guys make of the new Empire?
    - Tarkin, Ozzel and the military cadre centralising their control on the new Empire.
    - Hondo Ohnaka would be the kind of guy to thrive in such a time. Tyranny always brews a healthy criminal underworld. Perhaps those Jedi Younglings survive and come to him for protection.
    - Cad Bane, if he doesn't meet his end in TCW, wouldn't be short of work during a galaxy-wide Purge.
  24. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    The only thing about a Dark Times animated show is TCW writers will have change their game. Writing the fast-paced, random stories with large battles works in a period of total war like The Clone Wars, but it would feel horribly out of place during the Jedi Purge.

It'd have to focus more on characters, or it would just feel wrong IMO.

If the writers aren't willing to do that, they'd be better off making a show set in another war - set in the Old Republic era or the New Republic era even.
  25. Han Burgundy Force Ghost

star 3
    Agreed. Even though TCW hasn't been afraid to get dark in tone, its style of storytelling wouldn't fit in such a consistently depressing era such as the Dark Times.

I'd prefer to see a series that ties into the new trilogy in some way. Plus, I think at would make a lot of business sense to go that route.

In fact, I'm gonna call it right now: In the next few years, the vast majority of SW media is going to shift away from anything I the Original Saga era (including in between episodes 3&4) and start focusing more on the time period of the new trilogy, especially once we find out more of when those films will actually take place.
    Darthgoodguy and 07jonesj like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.