main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST So after the trailer...what's next...?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    I hope they give us something every month. Whether it's a teaser, a poster, a couple of production stills, some concept art, etc. We've got 12 months and 12 potential "releases" before the BIG release. A little bit here, a little bit there; you can still retain the sense of mystery while giving us a little something to chew on on a regular basis.

2. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Wouldn't surprise me if we get the poster by Christmas. Just for marketing purposes it's good to get those out there as soon as possible, and with the teaser posters as vague as they are it wouldn't risk spoiling anything. Aside from that... yeah, I'd be surprised if we see anything before Spring. I'd love it if he just dropped us a cast list but I don't think there are good odds on it happening.

3. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Huge spoiler leaks if we're lucky

Echo Base likes this.
  4. Anapkin

Anapkin Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2014
    If I were a betting man I'd say we'll get a second trailer either May 4th (for obvious reasons) or at the premiere of one of Disney's summer blockbusters (Avengers 2 on May 1st, Tomorrowland on May 22nd, Ant-Man on July 17th).

5. Shaldun

Shaldun Jedi Knight

Aug 1, 2014
    Well for now this is it for some time I think. Maybe a poster and some stills (close to the trailer). We might hope for a synopsis and some characters descriptions but probably not before the next trailer.

The next trailer will arrive with Age of Ultron, maybe shown at the Celebration to the people present and then, reveal with the other biggest movie of the year. Also, the release is really close of May, 4th so it might be a good day to reveal it online but that's 3 days after the opening of Age of Ultron so probably not (and without counting that Avengers2 is released one week before overseas where they might also want the trailer attached).
    I guess they won't hold off the trailer until Tomorrowland but that might be good to let this original tentpole benefit from having its final trailer with Age of Ultron (and not be overshadowed by a first SW trailer) because it will massively benefit from the marketing push. Everyone and their mothers will see the trailer for Star Wars anyway.

After, it depends of the number of trailers they want to do. If 3 trailers, I could see Ant-Man for the second (or without any movie in particular, online is sufficient anyway) and James Bond 24 or Mockingjay 2 for the final one (3-5 weeks before the release). After the final trailer, a massive onslaught of TV spots to put SW in all the minds at the Christmas shopping period when all the merchandising hits the shelves.

EDIT : For people suggesting Superbowl I doubt they'll do it. Superbowl is hyper expensive for limited benefit compared to online release. It is mostly made for the movie coming in the Spring and Summer. So Age of Ultron, Tomorrowland, Ant-Man, Cinderella and/or Inside Out will all be probably prioritized for Disney at this moment.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  6. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Somebody call MakingStarWars

Echo Base and MakingStarWars like this.
  7. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I think a Teaser Poster would be nice.

Dak Oolron, DARTH_BELO and mes520 like this.
  8. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Hopefully they maintain much of the secrecy.

So I'm hoping outside of the usual trailers, scant info from merchandizing and lead up literature, there isn't much until the end of 2015.

I really hope they secure this film and shut down any major leaks.

9. Ligenot

Ligenot Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    For me? To hibernate.

Miras-Etrin and Jcuk like this.
  10. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    They should do individual trailers for the characters.

Miras-Etrin and DARTH_BELO like this.
  11. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    full length trailer in may with the avengers followed by the first official poster of the film. the real question is will we see tfa products at toy fair 2015 in early feb?

starocean90 likes this.
  12. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, I've seen some rumblings that something may be coming on Christmas - whether that would be stills, a poster or another teaser featuring the Big Three, it wasn't clear. Beyond that, I would say nothing else official until Celebration. However, there is still the possibility for leaks.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Echo Base like this.
  14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    First poster. Christmas Day?

mes520 likes this.
  15. Swarley

Swarley Jedi Knight

May 15, 2013
    Full length trailer tied to Age of Ultron in May... b/c Disney isn't going to miss that opportunity. I don't expect much before then, although one more short teaser wouldn't surprise me.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  16. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    You know, I'm pretty much on board with the hypothesis that the next trailer will be attached to Age of Ultron, but I'm wondering if Disney might actually attach it to Tomorrowland which is a much more unknown quantity and is in more need of selling tickets than The Avengers.

That said, I'll be stunned if we don't get something major on May 4th, a Monday.

Dak Oolron and Shaldun like this.
  17. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Why are people still talking about what movie they are going to "attach" the next trailer to? Didn't do it this time, didn't do it last time, all of a sudden you are only going to be able to see it in front of one movie? Nope and nope. The next landmarks for when we might see more are Christmas, Celebration in April, Comic Con, forget what movies are coming out it's meaningless.

18. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    A lot of waiting.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  19. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    The next big thing for me, besides more trailers, won't be until the official merchandising begins next fall: specifically the soundtrack release. I always get excited to hear new JW leitmotifs!

[edit]Until then, I'll just enjoy the steady stream of pics and plot details, both leaked and official. And maybe some character names, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Shaldun

Shaldun Jedi Knight

Aug 1, 2014
    Well even if trailers always debut online now, they are in general released one or two weeks before a movie where they will be attached. Age of Ultron has been released before Interstellar and was attached to it. Jurassic World and Star Wars teasers will probably be with The Hobbit.

21. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Did you have to see Interstellar to see the AOU trailer? No. Will you have to see The Hobbit to see the SW trailer? No. So the previous poll was meaningless and trying to figure out when we will see the next trailer based on other movies release dates serves no purpose. I kind of doubt by Xmas we will still be seeing this teaser in theaters.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A trailer showing the OT Big 3 in action.

23. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    released on Christmas.:D
    and yes I'm impatient, I'm still Luke in Empire.:D;)

24. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    We've been teased, now they'll let us digest it for around 6 months I think, before showing us something more juicy.

After all, this teaser was like a collage of concept art... TFA as a movie doesn't exist yet.

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I enjoyed when they did that – especially for AOTC. Having several different trailers focusing on different characters/plotlines in the movie.

Dak Oolron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.