main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST So after the trailer...what's next...?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darth_mccartney, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I'm actually a little surprised we don't already have a poster. They can be even less revealing than the teaser they just have to capture the imagination. Remember the TPM one with Annie standing in Mos Espa with a Vader shadow? That was really cool without telling us anything we didn't know anyway. It would also be relatively easy to make. There have actually been several fan ones that would do the trick nicely. And with the poster out in time for Christmas they get a little bit of early profit from all the fans buying one along with capitalizing on the early publicity the teaser brought.

Beyond that I expect nothing, though I hope for a cast list.

2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I was around for TPM and all the other prequels, we didn't get the first trailer until about 6-7 months before the film. A whole 13 months ahead of the film doesn't have much of a precedent, so my best advice is to just simply wait, keep your eyes peeled, and hope that JJ & Friends decide to drop some more hints every now and then to whet our appetites.

Back in the day, we just had rampant speculation and getting to know each other. That seems to work best and will probably go over well here.

3. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    For episode 7, not much in the next few months, but I bet you we'll be hearing a lot more about the spinoff and casting rumours for that. Isn't it supposed to start filming early 2015?

4. CrassWalker

CrassWalker Jedi Padawan

Nov 28, 2014
    I suspect more concept art leaks, as we get closer to May we'll see some stills and perhaps character names. A fanboy can hope anyways...

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The novel for ROTS was at least a month prior. I was pregnant and on bed rest and read it then; my son made his premature appearance three days before the movie premiere.

I don't know whether the Disney/Abramsverse is going to have the novel out that early though,

AOTC, if I'm remembering right, had three trailers spaced a few months apart, one of them online only for awhile.

6. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    We have no poster because the logo still isn't final.

7. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
  8. Luke the Oneironaut

Luke the Oneironaut Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2014
    I remember the AOTC teaser well. Vader breathing with intercut shots of 'Jenga' on 'Geonosis', available on the 'internet' on a site from 'Apple computers' in a 'high definition' '480p' 'M-Peg'.

Apologies on the technical 'mumbo jumbo'.

DaddlerTheDalek and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  9. pyeccs

pyeccs Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2014
    What's next for me...

I just downloaded The Old Republic and plan on playing that. A lot.

jedinightwing likes this.
  10. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    i can wait

TKT likes this.
  11. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    it's called a teaser trailer.

12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I think that while we're all waiting for The Force Awakens, they'll quietly release the first standalone movie in early 2015.

13. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    That´s not the best reading for pregnant ladies... For several reasons, in fact.

14. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Hopefully, magazine covers and pics of the same quality as the recent Terminator: Genisys EW issue

15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    funniest speculation i've heard so far, is a daisy-centric trailer to be played before the upcoming cinderella live action movie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.