main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT So are the Jedi evil?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Khaleesi, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khaleesi

Khaleesi Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2017
    Even Luke went against the Jedi religious dogma:

Obi-Wan: You cannot escape your destiny. You must face Darth Vader again.

Luke: I can't kill my own father!

Obi-Wan: [resigned] Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "From my point of view, the Sith are evil!"

SavedByChristAlone and Snax Rebo like this.
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    That has, like... literally nothing to do with what anyone else here is saying. Obi-Wan and Yoda became convinced that Darth Vader was so corrupted that their was no way to save his soul, and the only way to spare the Galaxy from his tyranny was to kill him. Luke decided he would appeal to his father's better nature, and it worked. That makes Obi-Wan and Yoda wrong, not evil. They weren't asking Luke to kill a homeless guy who fed puppies his spare food; they were asking him to kill the guy who helped the Emperor kill literally all of the Jedi including small, defenseless children. I don't see how this makes the Jedi evil and the Sith a preferable alternative.

4. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    I think he's a troll. Why else would you entirely ignore every sound point being made in the thread?

J7Luke and theraphos like this.
  5. Khaleesi

Khaleesi Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2017

What are some of these points?

6. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Hold on, lemme bring this up.

J7Luke, theraphos and PymParticles like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Since this is not a Classic Trilogy topic and since the TS interest here seems to be replying to every other post with some version of "You're wrong" rather than having a discussion, there is no point in keeping this open.

BTW, coming into a forum with some "twist" about how the established heroes of a saga are "evil" and then being condescending and argumentative towards everyone who replies to you can certainly be considered trolling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.