main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, are you going to watch the trailer?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by NorCalBirdz, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Last night while watching 24 they had a commercial promoting the Ep. III trailer Thursday Night. I turned my head away but for an instant I saw some truly incredible images. I want more more more, but I also want to remain as spoiler-free as possible.

Due to the recently decided policy of allowing trailer discussion(which from an adminstrative standpoint I agree with) it's pretty much watch trailer and stick around or don't watch trailer and leave 3NS until May. But you've also got to factor in that no matter how hard you try you will be bombarded with Ep. III images in the coming months(new Cheez-Itz boxes have a SW promotion)

I haven't decided yet, but I've only got two days to do it, my brother TiVOs the OC, so the trailer will be in my TiVO, calling out for me to watch it everyday

So, what have my fellow 3NSers decided about the trailer?

Time for the trailer.

2. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I'm definitely going to watch it.

I haven't been following the OS, Hyperspace, the Episode III spoiler forums or any of the sources where Episode III material could come up. So the trailers are my brief doses of 'Sith'.

- O_F

3. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    i'm going to TRY to not watch it......

4. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    There is no way that I am going to miss it!

5. Tyranus_the_Hutt

Tyranus_the_Hutt Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    Yes, I am certainly planning to watch the trailer. I don't, however, plan to watch it on TV - I'll check it out once it is released on Hyperspace, and then perhaps in theaters after March 11, when it is attached to the animated film, "Robots" (considering that the picture recieves decent reviews - I'm not as excited about this film as I was about "The Incredibles").

6. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    I will absolutely watch it. Download it. And watch it over and over again.

I don't follow the spoilers, but I love trailers - it's the most "spoiler" type material I'll allow myself until I see the movie.

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    you will all be blown away.

8. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Garth, you are evil you know. I was just going to say I won't watch it if I can ;)

9. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    For sure. :D I have to work on Thursday night, but I'll be Tivo'ing the OC so I can get home and fast forward to the trailer. :p

10. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I'm gonna watch it :)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11. BescinPrix

BescinPrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    There is no try, muthaz...

As for me... I just have to watch it. I tried staying as spoiler-free as possible, but man, the trailer is a must-see type thing...

12. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I've gotta see it

13. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    i dont consider trailers spoilers.. ill watch

(ive seen the old trailer at least 20 times)

14. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm definitly going to watch the trailer, tape it actually when it comes on because the Apprentice will be at the same time. And I'll see it on the big screen when I go to see Robots.

~aeryn

15. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I can't wait. I'm gonna tape the OC, even though I don't watch the show, just to see the trailer. And then I'll replay it over, and over, and over, and over.... :D

16. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    I plan on taping it and watching it over and over also. I can't wait =P~ Oh and I don't mind garth's teasing keep it up :)

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    heck, I tried to convince you guys NOT to watch it![face_shame_on_you]

My prediction is that the trailer thread will be the fastest-growing threads in 3NS history.[face_thinking]

18. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    oh man i don't know what to do
    sdfjkgbsdfjkbgdfuvhxcoivhxcikvn ka v

19. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    heh heh. well I guess it was reverse psychology then! But I never had any doubts as to whether or not I was going to see it

20. NorCalBirdz

Dec 28, 2004
    The poor west coast viewers will be mocked for a vicious three hours by the east coast viewers of The OC.

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    There will be no mocking. I am two hours off the east coast, and I will surely ban any lucky so-and-sos who brag about their geographical location.:mad:

22. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    You can't ban a mod.... [face_mischief]

//lives on East Coast

:p Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

23. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    just great. i am now trying to talk myself into watching the trailer. Garth, do you still suggest skipping it? Are the spoilers the type of thing that will promote more excitement than detract from the final viewing? I guess I mean, had the ESB trailer said "I am your father" I think that would have hurt the viewing. Are there things of that nature? Or of a slightly lower level of Anakin losing his arm in AOTC?

Help an emotionally torn fan!

Bee

24. NorCalBirdz

Dec 28, 2004
    Here's my beef with trailers; they try to make it look like they are creating more suspense, but in order to do that they take away from the real surprise.

For example, a trailer might show one of the main characters in the movie captive by the main villain, about to be shot in the head. It's trying to create a hook, to get you to think "How are they going to save him!", when in fact the real surprise would have been seeing the situation actually come about in the course of the movie.

Fear of that sort of thing is why I don't really want to watch the trailer, but I also don't want to be relegated to only reading the relatively scarce and dry HCSF threads

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Nothing of that nature. Still, we'll see glimpses of some exciting scenes - and some of the biggies.

Windy - I can delete 3NS though.[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.