main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, are you going to watch the trailer?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by NorCalBirdz, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Central Time Zone gets national shows simultaniously with the East Coast. But I'm in the Eastern Time Zone now, so that's not really a thing. My problem is no TV. I'll probably download it as soon as I can find it, and I was planning on seeing Robots anyway.

Can't wait to see this trailer.

2. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I'm not going to watch it. :)

3. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    I don't think I'll watch it. Sadly, I'm just not excited about Star Wars this year. AOTC kinda ruined it for me. Batman Begins is getting most of my excitement.

I think the teaser trailer will be enough for me until ROTS opens.

4. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Yikes... that's sad. ^^^

Ah, poor Dustin... that being said, I'm immediately going to PM you once I see the trailer, from the East Coast.

If you delete the 3NS, at least I will still have seen the trailer before you. :p ;)

5. Yoda_Anakin

Yoda_Anakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2004
    I am going to tape The O.C. just for the trailer; I am very excited about this, especially since the movie is only two months away (it feels wierd saying that; remember when it was three years away?)

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    So maybe I'll leave it up to Windy to manage 3NS during the East Coast trailer party, then once I"m done watching the trailer on the West Coast, I'll take over.

In fact,Windy , if you read this, that's my suggestion for Thursday night.

7. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    BTW, I just want to mention I thought it was funny that they were advertising the trailer on a commercial It was like a trailer for a trailer. Don't know that we'll ever see somethign of this magnitude again.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I doubt it. People can make fun of Star Wars all they want, but NOTHING has ever been so anticipated in film, at least, for popular media.

We have people (including myself) complaining about how the OC viewers get to watch the trailer before Hyperspace members - and we're talking about THREE HOURS![face_laugh]

3SA had over 1,000 posts on the OC heresy.[face_hypnotized]

9. NorCalBirdz

Dec 28, 2004
    Well, the OC really is a waste of time. Why would I voluntary watch an hour of teen melodrama when I have to watch it eight hours everyday...it's called high school.

1000 posts huh? Part of me is jealous of 3SA...it sucks coming on here and sometimes seeing that the last post in 3NS was over an hour ago. Oh well, we'll have the last laugh [face_laugh]

10. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    i will definitely be watching it. i have stayed away from practically every spoiler-ish source out there, i think im entitled to a little reward for myself. :D

11. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    NorCal, I totally agree!

12. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    My prediction is that the trailer thread will be the fastest-growing threads in 3NS history.

Oh, I have no doubt.

:D

13. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    My prediction is that the trailer thread will be the fastest-growing threads in 3NS history.

So, what, like 1 post per hour? :p

14. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Well, I've decided to watch it. I refuse to have anything to do with the OC, so I'll wait until the next day to go see Robots with some friends.

This will probably be the most spoilerish thing that I see/hear though. Or at elast i hope. :(

~Jenn

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I'll be seeing it Sunday, when I go watch Robots. I cannot resist it. May is still too long away. :p

16. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I'm debating it. Right now I think I will have my parents tape the OC since I'll be at work. Then I can stare at the tape until I either A. stash it somewhere out of mind or B. watch it 200 times.

17. NorCalBirdz

Dec 28, 2004
    The OC may be a pathetic show, but I think showing the trailer during it is actually a good idea. Mostly teens are watching, and the Evil Anakin Factor will give this movie more of a mainstream appeal. It's always been alot less nerdy to like Darth Vader than Star Wars in general.

People who think this defiles Star Wars just because the show is lame are far overreacting. Remember, LucasFilm is a business first and foremost. Fans like us are in the minority as far as box office receipts.

18. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I shouldn't, but I will.

19. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Ummm . . .

I think I'll wait until I can download it (it's not like I can watch it on TV here in Japan, after all) to make my choice. I'll probably give in and watch it, though.

- lazy

EDIT:
    Just added a few words here and there.

20. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    The trailer won't be too spoilerish in my opinion because I don't think I'll be able to make out the plot from A to Z just with it. It will just give me some very nice images to dream of until may 19th.

21. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    my daughters want me to take them to go see robots.
    i don't know what i'm going to do......

22. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    No. There wasn't a single scene in AOTC that didn't have a bit shown in a trailer, I didn't like that.

23. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    I do not plan on watching OC. BUt I plan on flipping at the times the commercials come on. WHich is normally every 15 mintues. I do think the trailer will be played at the end of the show. To have people watch the OC. But even if I miss it, I have hyperspace to watch it afterwards.

24. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I'll probably do the same thing I did for EP II and put together some sort of mega-trailer out of all the released ones...just for fun. It kinda' spoiled me for EP II, but I've come to expect very little from SW movies since ROTJ opened, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

25. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    I'm considering the tact of a "hands-off" approach on the trailer. Not seek it out, not look it up on the net (and I work during the OC and don't have a VCR). If it happens to pop up while I'm at showings for Sin City or Hitchhiker's Guide, then I'll probably watch it.

Or, I could just watch it on my computer a dozen times after it comes out. Haven't decided.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.