main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA So bored, bored, totally bored... Oh gosh, can I go home yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I get off at 3:00pm now. :)

2. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Battlestar Galactica is ok. i much enjoyed the original series...however Starbuck is way better looking now! :D

3. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    how does that help me?

Help me JiltedToo, you're my only hope.

Booze, strippers, guns, anything...???

P.S. I worked Monday. :(

4. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    How can I help?

I didn't work on Monday. :)

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm getting really sleepy.. someone wake me up!!

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Wake up! There's not much going on today.

7. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Well you need to be designing me some streets over in the valley because Coldwater Canyon is nothing but some potholes.

8. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    You can alos pick up the pace on the 710 expansion. Ya know, since ya got so much free time.

9. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    The 710 is Caltrans. Not us. Sorry.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JR is in the street section. Have you called your Councilmember to complain? That's the best way to get things done, unfortunately. There is a budget for potholes (actually done by the Bureau of Street Services) and several streets are targeted each year. If you want a street reconstruction, street widening, major street work, etc., that's JR's section.

Yes, the 710 is CalTrans and out of our jurisdiction, as are all freeways and highways.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I would consider this major street work. I like to call the intersection of Moorpark and Coldwater as lake Moorpark now. Even when it isn't raining there are puddles of water in the street. It is very dangerous.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Ah, well that's really the stormwater section's jurisdiction. Or there may be a county storm drain system through there. I'm sort of curious now. I have to check out the situation.

13. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Careful what you wish for Skyryder: they're doing street work on MY section of Moorpark this week (until?): no parking 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on either side. And with lots of apartments around, and most people working at 8 or 9 in the morning, folks are unhappy.

But at least those folks are not HERE all day, working at home, like I am. Because that would mean they'd hear the pounding and grinding that starts up around 6:15 and never stops but for lunch. Every bang sounds like a semi crashing into the apartment, and the apartment shakes as if it were hit, too. And this is about every 10 seconds, mind you. My critters are really wigging.

Ah well, when it all over the street will be all smooth and pretty...and the speeders will be able to go even faster! Endangering the residents and schoolkids even more! Wonder if I could bribe the guys into putting in a speed bump or two [face_devil] !

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well, I hear you JB, but since I don't work at home, I won't have to hear all that noise. Riverside, the street I live on is actually ok, it's just Coldwater that sucks.

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    JB..
    I know the guys who put in "speed humps".. but for sure, you're not getting any on Moorpark. Once you put in speed humps, you'll regret doing it forever.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We have some friends who requested speed humps for the street near them. It is weird and I agree with JR, you will regret them.

17. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    however Starbuck is way better looking now!

It took awhile getting used to Starbuck being a chick, but now it's almost fitting. She's a good character.
    I dig this show, man.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Man, the day just started and I'm pooped. Can I go home yet?

19. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I just finished watching the whole first season of a TV show called Greg the Bunny.

Another amazing show cancelled by FOX after only 13 episodes.

Funniest show I have seen ever.

Greg the Bunny

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I feel like I have a hang over without having the party first. My head hurts, I'm tired and my back hurts for some reason too? I think I'm going to take it easy today. Oh wait, I think I do that everyday.

21. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    How was everyone's weekend?
    I got sick again.. I usually don't get sick, maybe only once a year. But I think I've been sick at least three times in the past 6 months. I don't know what's wrong with me. I also went skiing this past Saturday, which may have been a mistake, since I was sick. It was really warm on the mountain.. I had take of my jacket because I was sweating so much! I really don't know how to ski, so I took lessons. My ears have been plugged up ever since we came down the mountain.. it's really uncomfortable. I don't know what I'm doing here at work today.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    What are you talking about, JR? You get sick a lot, probably most of it is psychosomatic. How are your knees?

23. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    which mountain did you ski on? Do they little little Japanese boys ski in California? ;)

Feel better. Take Alavert D, its over the counter.

24. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I went to Mt. High. My wife is like a professional skiier or something. I was really impressed with her skills! You would've liked it DB. Since it was warm, all the teenage girls were snowboarding in their tank tops.

25. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Skiing is a lot of fun, sorry you got sick though, JR. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.