main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA So bored, bored, totally bored... Oh gosh, can I go home yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Skyryder, if I were creative enough I would suggest ideas for your Christmas Card contest but I'm not so I won't. I suppose a secular card, like Santa opening gifts of Sony products while surrounded by his elves would be bad, right?

Any way, I'm glad it's Friday. Getting here is the hard part. Once I'm here it's all down hill.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Yes, I can't use religious symbols, or movie characters as that would interfer with copyrights.

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Is there a distinctive "feature" on the lot that you could take a picture of, and then Photoshop in christmas lights, a christmas tree, etcetera? Take the picture in black and white (or grayscale it) and then add in color via the lights/tree.

Or Santa's sleigh tipped over in front of a/"the" building, with a bunch of opened packages of Sony products scattered about, that sort of thing.

I haven't been down that way in a while... does your studio have those big blowup pictures of TV shows/stars/movies on it? Anything that will still be around in December? Somehow get hold of copies of the pictures and put Santa hats on all the people in them.

I'm just full of ideas this morning...or full of something, I'm not sure which one :).

4. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Sky,
    You can use movie characters that Sony owns the licensing on, like Spiderman and Stuart Little, right?

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Today was really rough at work. I didn't think it was going to be one, but then my boss and I had to work on this project and we had a deadline for this afternoon. Along with that, Xerox was doing a revamp of our printers and I couldn't print anything. I found myself at the copier almost having a breakdown. But things are better now, and I'm about to go home.

6. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Today I got some spam that read: "I have two words for you -- fun."

I'm collecting the extra-stupid spam, and this one will be at the top of my list...

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok, I know this is lame, but I want to win $500 ok, so I need some opinions. Here is my rough draft of the front of the card for the contest. I can't use religious symbols and I can't use copyrighted materials (Sony included) and I can only use four colors. So this is what I came up with. What do you guys think? Oh and before anyone says anything, I do know the thing about no two snowflakes being the same, but I don't have that kind of time.

[image=http://www.ksrogers.com/Snowflake%20Peace%20Half%20Card.jpg]

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I like it!

From my own personal opinion of what "my eye" immediately sees upon looking at this card:

I would make the two upper "peace" texts slightly larger, so that they are easily read, even if a smaller size.

The letters "eace" on the side should be moved so that it is recognized as "peace." And all text should be moved forward so that the letters can be read in front of the snowflakes.

All of this is coming from my marketing background -- we had to design our christmas cards, too! Obviously, since this is YOUR design, Scott, you are completely free to ignore anything I've said.

9. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Scott,
    Did the Empire change their insignia so drastically? I had better update all Imperial starship models....

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Skyryder, that's a very nice card. Much better than I could have put together. Works very well for Hannukah too.

11. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    i swear my just came over and had a brain fart and started talking like yoda.

12. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    once again, based on the topic here... I am so bored... our Outlook is down, or Mainframe is down... everything sucks. Oh well, at least I have my health.

13. chibiangi

Jun 16, 2002
    yeah.

i think going to kick jabba in the teeth.

and im not a violent person ;)

14. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, at least you have your health.. I've been sick.. and I'm at work, and I got tons of stuff to get done.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I applied for a new job. I'm not bored though.

16. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    if anyone cares, my work e-mail is down today...

hope those who were sent questionable material, received them, and enjoyed them.

17. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Did you apply for a job whilst you were at your current job?

18. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    hmm.. no. I don't care. :D

Just kidding.

It's lunchtime!

19. chibiangi

Jun 16, 2002
    Damn. I still have about 30 minutes until lunchtime.
    :(

20. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    DB,
    Whats wrong with your Exchange servers? Viruses? Don't tell me your mainframe caught a virus....thats one bored hacker there!

21. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    This is late, but I like your card so far, Skyryder. The snowflakes are very cool. :)

22. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    no idea. Soemthing got deleted, or lost power this weekend. FOr time being, we can send out e-mails, but can not receive them.

No biggy, only small things like offer letters..etc.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yes, I applied for another job while at this one. But it is still with Sony, so it isn't all that bad. I want to change departments. I can't take carpet tiles anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh and thanks for the kind words on the card. That DVD burner is mine!

24. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Okay...so there's been people working at my desk for like 3 hours....I'm completely displaced. I don't know where the hell I'm supposed to sit...or better yet log onto the internet. I've claimed this computer in the name of Dana for now.....but it's only a matter of time until I'm kicked off of this one to.

One important thing I must impart before being booted yet again is that the real killer of JFK was.........................

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Skyryder, if you leave that department where will we get all of that helpful information?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.