main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA So bored, bored, totally bored... Oh gosh, can I go home yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    ha ha ha, yea, would have loved it. When they fall down, they get cold, and the snow makes their..

oh, never mind. Cool. Mt. High is nice, not to bad of a drive. We should, some time, drive to Mammoth for two days, as a small group.

Note: I will not volunteer to drive.

Secondly, need to finalize the date for SOMEONE'S Bachelor party. I am thinking May 7th.

2. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    When they fall down, they get cold, and the snow makes their..

What happens?

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I so did not want to come to work today. Is it Friday yet?

4. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Today has been an absoultely terrible, awful day for me. Have three pieces of bad news, work related. Translate to major $$$ down the tubes. Plus, Mrs. D-B kind of got me sick over the wekeend. (more sick than I was)

But, it was nice seeing you all Saturday. thanks for the hospitality SR and the good eats VK and DH!!

5. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    That's awful DB; sounds like many folks are having a bad day today. MTFBWY all!

p.s. DB did you leave me a VM? I got something garbled that sounded like you this weekend.

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I want to go home too. I have had a pretty ok day. Sorry your's is so bad DB.

7. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    yup, that was my garble you heard. Basically, said sorry I did not send you Vaders feet. I was pretty sick Thursday night, and tied up Wednesday.

Well, good news. I think I found a seder for Sarah and I. We will miss you all Saturday. Plus, a new friend from Tennesee will join. (OT, I know, belongs on CIII thread)

8. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    D-B, sorry to hear about your bad day. it's pretty lousy over here too. they keep piling it on me at work...i'm not sure how many of me they think there are; I see only ONE me, and I can only do so much. oh well.

my wife's sick too; haven't contracted her virus yet but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

we seem to be made to suffer! it's our lot in life.

9. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    stupid me, if I slept in our guest bed, I would be fine and healthy now. But, no. I try to keep the family together.

(family means two dogs and wife and me)
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/D-B-Personal-Photos/Dogs_Big.thumb.jpg]
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/D-B-Personal-Photos/Bubba_Perched.jpg]
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/D-B-Personal-Photos/GC_MN_Hot_Chinese.jpg]

Oops, how did that last one get in? Must be a Virus of sort, from Hawaiin tropic.

10. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Wait, you guys don't get the day off too? :p

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Way to rub it in, CBM. I slept in until 6:30 today which was great. I would not have minded sleeping a bit longer but my padawan came wandering in. I worked on one of my costumes today. It's coming along.

12. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Padawan managers don't get today off.

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I am taking today off from work as well. Still don't feel too well. Stuff nose and sore throat. I'll go to work tomorrow for sure though. DH, you will have to do the calendar for today again.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, but no one is responding to them.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm not happy at work today. I don't think I am appreciated. I just got passed over for another promotion. This makes two in the past six months. I would write Dear Skyryder if I weren't Dear Skyryder. I don't know if I should hold out any longer or just quit. I can't quit, I need the money, and the company is great to work for, it is just this department I'm having trouble with. I may look for a transfer.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Dear Skyryder,

I'm sorry about the promotion. It's unfortunate that the people at Sony do not recognize or appreciate your talent. This is a common occurance at the City. A lot of the really good people get skipped over for jobs and a lot of imcompetent people get picked up. If you feel you won't get an even break, I know a guy who finds people jobs for a living. Don't despair. We still love and appreciate you.

A friend

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Again, I'm not happy at work. I want to be someplace else like Indiana.

18. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    If you want to go to Inverness, Scotland or Sevile, Spain, give me a call on my cell. We canleave tomorrow and have some good eats. Indiana is cool too. I guess....

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I don't think I've ever really felt like being in Indiana except for the Celebrations. Other than that, it's just a lot of flat country.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    CIII is what I was talking about. Why on Earth would I ever really want to go to Indiana! Gees.

How much would a trip to Spain this week cost me DB? I have no money.

21. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    we flew round trip from LAX to Paris (Charles De Gaul) one ticket was free with miles, the other was $550.00.
    From Paris to Madrid, was like $80.00 US.

Anyway, they have very good Sangria there. Good Paella too. Plus, the girls wear very short skirts. Good oranges as well. And, we can see the Queens Castle from Episode I and II.

So, pick you up tomorrow at 7 AM? Grab your passport.

22. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    DB, is there a place you've been that doesn't immediately bring to mind booze & womens? o_O

23. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Bernie and I are going to Spain in June -- Barcelona!

24. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Wow JB! Sounds like a cool trip? Will you be married by then?

Anyway, speaking of womens (YES I know I'm married), but I went to this fairly new Subway near my office (which is in the armpit of Downtown LA), expecting to find bargain shoppers and homeless people in there, I was shocked to find the place full of young female fashion students. Very surreal.

25. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    DB, is there a place you've been that doesn't immediately bring to mind booze & womens Yes, there was a place. When I was 14, we visited Israel. We took a half day trip to the Lebanon border.
    There were no hot women or booze there. Ta Dah!

Speaking of scantily clothed women, don't forget to e-mail certain said photos to mua!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.